• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ND Got GAF Feedback Re: UC3 Aiming Issues, Cutscene Viewer, Animation Changes Coming

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Salmonax said:
I'm in the no-patch-no-purchase crowd, and I platinumed both UC1 and UC2. Demonizing either side of the issue is pointless.

isn't that a bit odd though? You seemed to like both previous games if you platinumed them, so wouldn't you want to see for yourself how it feels? It might be ok for you. And if not, you could always hold off playing more until a patch came out?

arne

Okay, looks like we got one volunteer (Thanks AwesomeSauce!).

If anybody later on sees this, go ahead and PM me, but we may be all set.

Let me guess. None of you guys are in the Santa Monica area huh? Man I wish I lived there.

arne said:
Okay, looks like we got one volunteer (Thanks AwesomeSauce!).

If anybody later on sees this, go ahead and PM me, but we may be all set.

Yay for awesomesauce.
I was debating driving down early tomorrow but damn its like 8 hours away.

Ra1den

KingK said:
I haven't tried it myself, but Jett said in the OT that he put in UC2 and tried it and it does the exact same thing when aiming.

I will test this as well, but if this is indeed the case, we should take the video down so the focus can be cast elsewhere. There are lots of variables at work here, and we don't need any extra ones making things more complicated.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Should have just renamed the original thread, surely there's some decent posts in the old thread?

Maybe there are two copies of the game? It´s strange that there are people that think it is similar to U2 aiming. Not being able to draw a circle while aiming is something that caught my attention in the first second.Why doesn´t anyone that says that doesn´t find a big difference with the prior game save a video?.

Shadow780

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Admit it, you're just going to beat them up and put it on youtube!

They're gonna do this:

3S4aN.gif

and then this:

71rtz2o3vk.gif

and finally:

zjcvg9ytwad.gif

I still have no interest In UC3 but I just want to say from the bottom of my heart that you have my upmost respect for doing this Arne.

I May consider picking up a copy of UC3 as a xmas gift for someone as a way to show my support, just my way of saying thank you.

arne said:
IMPORTANT.

Is there anyone in this thread with these gripes that can make it to our studio in Santa Monica no later than NOON TOMORROW, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 4?

I know it's a lot to ask since we all have real lives (yeah, right, this is gaf), but that would be extremely helpful.

If so, please PM me ASAP!

(can we get this added to the OP?)

Arne, whatever change you make please make sure that there is an option to turn it off. :) This might never end otherwise. :)

Kifimbo

Respect +1.

AwesomeSauce, are you having problems with UC3 aiming ? I'm just asking because you didn't post in the previous thread (from what I saw).

Kifimbo said:
Respect +1.

AwesomeSauce, are you having problems with UC3 aiming ? I'm just asking because you didn't post in the previous thread (from what I saw).

Ha, if he's not that's counterproductive. And hilarious, even for me.

Kifimbo said:

He might not, but he gets to visit Naughty Dog, and others can't complain because they were reassuring us that this "issue" affects everyone. :)

rukland

Total respect ND for this, I already saw you as one of if not the best Devs of this generation. This just hammers the point home.

Who cares about the control problems, if i lived in the area i'd go just so i could visit their studio lol.

Props to ND, pretty fucking awesome of them to do this.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Kifimbo said:
Respect +1.

Yeah i did post in the thread and yeah i noticed the aiming issues right away. I'm probably going to look up some more info, so i can better articulate the problems we are all having.

Kifimbo said:
Respect +1.

Well, it's kinda important that he knows what the exact issue is, right.

He knows, right?

Right?

edit: beaten by the man himself: Right.

arne

Kifimbo said:
Respect +1.

[stalker]
He did. He didn't write an essay about it, but he first brought up that triple buffering+input lag and then he played it and noticed things he didn't like. And then mentioned it was also in co-op for him, but not as noticeable.
[/stalker]

ced

arne said:
You'd rather us not have dialogue with all of you that's giving us this feedback?

That's not it at all. It's going to be better if we can talk it through with someone and work it all out live with the game in front of all of us as well.

I didn't mean it that way, I'm glad we're moving forward with this. I just find it a really odd situation for what seems ( I guess it's not so simple ) an easy fix.

hatchx

Banned
I am tempted to fly down to where the studio is just for the opportunity to see Naughty Dog. Unfortunately I have work tomorrow.

Make the para more consistent and make the reticle smaller and less recoil, more damage. Lower the recoil on the AK and make the reticle smaller, thanks.
Make it more of a range game without having to resort to the sniper rifle/GMAL.

gogogow

AwesomeSauce said:
Yeah i did post in the thread and yeah i noticed the aiming issues right away. I'm probably going to look up some more info, so i can better articulate the problems we are all having.
Are you having problems moving the reticule diagonally? That is the main issue most people are having.

RedRedSuit said:
Ha, if he's not that's counterproductive. And hilarious, even for me.

Imaging he getting to the studio and saying "Hi Arne, this is why i think Sev has short legs, the head should be upper!" :O

Corto

Ok, just hope that this is resolved for the better. Good luck awesomesauce and Naughty Dog. Just in case, awesomesauce bring your own water. And get some sweet swag. Godspeed.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Corto said:
Ok, just hope that this is resolved for the better. Good luck awesomesauce and Naughty Dog. Just in case, awesomesauce bring your own water. And get some sweet swag. Godspeed.

i lol'd

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
AwesomeSauce said:

Ravidrath said:
PS4 is in the ICE side of the office, behind multiple security checks - regular employees can't even see them.
you know what to do
#OccupyNaughtyDog

ProfessorMoran said:
Make the para more consistent and make the reticle smaller and less recoil, more damage. Lower the recoil on the AK and make the reticle smaller, thanks.
Make it more of a range game without having to resort to the sniper rifle/GMAL.

IMHO the recoil is ok, ala SOCOM. It makes aiming a little less easy and more realistic, the another problem is other thing, it makes aiming unconfortable.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Marius_ said:
Whoever goes make sure to look for a PS4 and/or Uncharted 4

And ask for Uncharted 2's multiplayer to be reverted to 1.04, along with uncharted 3's to match it.

Oh, and shirtless Drake like this dudes avatar as DLC. Plz'ems.

Top Bottom