• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed (2015) - New gameplay, Customization & Tuning

nib95

Banned
Looks pretty cool, but all the night time only footage is bugging me. I think it really needs daylight conditions as well, for added diversity.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Action cam is optional. Looks good.

Now show proper offline play and SpeedBreaker and I'm happy .

Xav

Ghost Games is basically Criterion Games reborn. This time round however they don't have to deal with...

- Being a "new" studio.
- Being a launch title for 2 new consoles.
- Being a cross generation title.
- Being given only a year to develop the game.

The end result is Need for Speed (2015) and it looks glorious.

Shame about the always online rubbish...

RoKKeR

Seriously? Then I don't know man. I think the constant dark environment would start to grate on me after a while.
This is what Underground was all about and 2 is easily the best NFS game.

Going to play the shit out of this when it hits the Vault.

TheVoid

Neo Member
It is pretty much stance nation the video game, their prioritising the ability to add to much camber to your car over a manual transmission option. Plus always online DRM. No thanks this game is going to be a joke.

MaDKaT

I want to look forward to this game but the always online and night time only are really killing it for me.

Once past the trip to memory lane with all the urban setting at night and the great lights and the moody atmosphere, game looks very bland, boring and repetitive. They nailed LA suburbs at night I guess...

They have Morohoshi in the game, there's no way it doesn't have neon lights.

lambotuning11uoo2o.jpg

2014feb10221301187o0f.jpg

hawk2025

The world looks completely empty.

Where are the billboards, speed traps, ramps, stuff to find? It's even less eventful than Rivals.

I'm liking what I'm seeing. My only concern at this point is the final car list. I hope there are a good number of muscle and exotics in here unlike the Underground games.

Jeremy

I'm really looking forward to this game and I hope it can scratch that itch I've had since the Underground series.

I'm liking what I'm seeing. My only concern at this point is the final car list. I hope there are a good number of muscle and exotics in here unlike the Underground games.

I don't know the final car list, but i saw this list on NFS Wikia.

Acura NSX (1990)
BMW M3 (E46)
BMW M3 Sport Evolution
BMW M4 (F82)
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ford Mustang "Hoonicorn"
Ford Mustang GT (2015)
Lamborghini Diablo SV (1999)
Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4
Mazda MX-5 (ND)
Mazda RX-7 RZ
Mercedes-Benz CLK 500
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR-edition
Nissan 180SX (S13) Type-X
Nissan Fairlady 240ZG
Nissan Silvia (S15)
Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10)
Porsche 911 Carrera S (993)
Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
Porsche 911 T (1971)
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Subaru BRZ Premium (2014)

BTW, i want this car in the game:

khyzyl-saleem-nsxlow.jpg

Khyzyl Saleem Arts

Nokterian

*changing rims* YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED TO THE EA SERVERS PLEASE TRY AGAIN TO CONNECT!

Always online sets me so much off for a racing game like this. In hot pursuit it didn't matter that much but building a game totally around it no.

Gurish

He is saying that the latest build he saw looks even more amazing than this one, according to him "twice as good", if it's true it will beat DC as the best looking racing game on the PS4, it might even beat it now actually.

Kezen

Banned
Will this be locked at 30fps on PC like Rivals ? That's a deal breaker for me.
Racers are drastically better at 60fps.

He is saying that the latest build he saw looks even more amazing than this one, according to him "twice as good", if it's true it will beat DC as the best looking racing game on the PS4, it might even beat it now actually.

Those videos are based on what build? They still look very "game-ish" to me.

Gurish

No he said those videos are from the old build (that is already looking amazing imo) and that they showed him an updated build and it looked twice as good according to him.

Kezen

Banned
Wut

This would suck

It would indeed, and most importantly there is no reason whatsoever that it should be artificially locked at 30fps.

Rivals could be unlocked and it plays great, no technical issues or graphical corruptions of any sort from my experience, but 60fps has to be sustained 100% of the time.

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0

Ergo is begs the question : why was it locked at 30fps in the first place ? I played 22 hours of Rivals at 60fps without issues.

Dio

Banned
The first thing I've noticed about this new gameplay is that awful camera drifting thing has been fixed. That was the big turnoff for me at E3.

Ghost_Ben

Ghost Games

We've got a good balanced list, more to come on that through September.

The first thing I've noticed about this new gameplay is that awful camera drifting thing has been fixed. That was the big turnoff for me at E3.

One button press and it's gone, it's just another camera angle.

E3 build, so relatively old now - at least in dev terms.

I may be biased but yes, the latest builds do really look spectacular. Big improvement to the graphics, especially the lighting. Team have done a great job on it. Looking forward to showing it off in coming weeks.

Dio

Banned
It's not fixed, it's just an option afaik

I thought it was default. Then again, I haven't read or watched anything about this game since E3. Good to hear that even that thing is an option for people who want it.

Looks fantastic. Shame its always online but I understood from the get go why. The only reason I despise this is because I can't play NFS Rivals online anymore due to some weird EA Origins not connecting issue on my PS4 so hoping there aren't heavy online server problems. Also as there is no offline, Speedbreaker will likely not be in the game.

I'm just happy that they are killing it with the customization. They got a great cast of cars as well with the inclusion of the BMW M3 GT-R E46, Ferrari 458 and Lamborghini Huracan alongside all the tuners. Just waiting on Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 and an Aston Martin Vanquish or DB9 and I'm golden.

You have my money on this one EA, don't mess it up.

We've got a good balanced list, more to come on that through September.

Please tell me we'll be seeing an Aston Martin and some more "iconic" Nissan's...

Best wishes.

Top Bottom