• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed first look coming May 21st [Seemingly NFS: Underground]

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Can I put subwoofers and neon lights in the boot and make the doors open all funky, thanks.
And change the color of the NOS.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Can I put subwoofers and neon lights in the boot and make the doors open all funky, thanks.

OMG I wish they'd go all out like this.

Full flashy cars cheez.

Pls

PHOTOSHOP

Khyzyl Saleem (artist) just got hired by EA, Ghost Games (NFS Rivals) this year for his amazing car stuff.
https://www.artstation.com/artist/khyzylsaleem

I hope they takes some of his cyberpunk sci fi ideas.

khyzyl-saleem-stanglow.jpg

khyzyl-saleem-r35finallow.jpg

khyzyl-saleem-10633467-10204085069180825-9075446548228745810-o.jpg

khyzyl-saleem-m3low.jpg

I seriously doubt it will be a new Underground. I remember listening to a podcast long ago (Around the time the Ferrari DLC for SHIFT dropped) and one of the PR guys for EA basically said, "Underground 3 won't come because the trends aren't there."

Then again, NFS is in such dire straits at the moment, so I wouldn't be surprised if they reneged on that.

javac

OMG I wish they'd go all out like this.

Full flashy cars cheez.

Pls

I spent so many hours messing with the customization in Underground 2, it was a very good game to say the least! Underground 1 was also amazing, but that open world was next level for me at the time in Underground 2. So much fun just driving around and doing hydraulics in the middle of the street. Good times.

saladine1

I'm the only person alive praying for Pro Street 2 and dreading another Underground.

I would fucking LOVE Pro Street 2!
Looks like it's only you and I Dave, who would want that though..

However, what we aren't in agreement with is another Underground. I would fucking sell my wife and her mother for Underground 3!

If these posts are anything to go by: (from E3 Predictions thread)

RC81YRh.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=160044913&highlight=#post160044913

I was 'wishing' for Underground 3 to be at E3 and good old Ghost Ben came to the rescue..

It's going to be Underground 3 bitches!

Ghost Games, I want:

Customization...lots and lots of customization(upgrdaes,tuning,visual)
Variety of cars including tuner,muscle and not just exotic
Needs a cheesy story..bring back Razor!!
Awesome soundtrack...by that I mean the cars themeselves
Whatever you do though, please it has to be in spirit of the originals and not some weird makeover like Criterion's Most Wanted was..

C'mon!!

Remark

Banned
PleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterionPleasebeCriterion...
ugh no their physics dont work at all in NFS games

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Will buy if Sprints are back and the PC port is good.

Been needing some Underground in my life for a while.

Last year the department at my school got an email from a rep from EA (Ghost Games!) asking for some photographers to take reference photos of all parts of virginia for references for a new need for speed game...not sure if this will be it or not.. guess we will see!

nemisis0

Man my last enjoyable need for speed was most wanted on the xbox, if this is underground 3 or a reboot following the same steps I will flip out.

Lgndryhr

Looks like Most Wanted (2012) during night. It'll get it when it hits bargain bin like I do with all of the NFS titles now.

Looks like Most Wanted (2012) during night. It'll get it when it hits bargain bin like I do with all of the NFS titles now.

Agreed. I don't know why EA doesn't just kill the series, there hasn't been any sort of soul since arguably Carbon / Prostreet. Criterion didn't help at all, and Ghost simply looks out of their league.

I just think they are using the Underground name for the hype it will bring, their games haven't been that good lately in my opinion and I don't see it changing. so yeah, I'm cynical as fuck about this.

Nokterian

Also Autolog is fine just like Hot Pursuit but really don't push it like Rivals did..that was pretty terrible.

For the love of god Ghost games/EA listen to your fans. I played all NFS way back to the 90's and Hot Pursuit from 2010? Can't even come close to Most Wanted 2012 and Rivals.

Underground 2 was my most played game ever. The tuning,customization,the races were so damn good don't let limitations set in. Don't put horrible tutorials from the get go that to me is a stonebreaker and a chore. Yes a cool intro is nice but after that i just want to race,compete do my own thing just like Driveclub. Click and play but off course this has to be the same way Underground 2 did. Yes some basic simple tutorial while driving unlike Rivals where you get stopped every damn second and can't start racing after complete both tutorials.

Posted it earlier but holy shit starting up underground 2 for the first time with this track. It had me hooked.

SliChillax

I just think they are using the Underground name for the hype it will bring, their games haven't been that good lately in my opinion and I don't see it changing. so yeah, I'm cynical as fuck about this.

Seeing how NFS No Limits on mobile had great customization and the NFS franchise had a break for one year which means that whatever they've been working on they've taken more time than usual.

L.O.R.D

its gonna be F2P game
you pay virtual money for oil and get more money
also more virtual money for more customization option

Khyzyl Saleem (artist) just got hired by EA, Ghost Games (NFS Rivals) this year for his amazing car stuff.
https://www.artstation.com/artist/khyzylsaleem

I hope they takes some of his cyberpunk sci fi ideas.

khyzyl-saleem-r35finallow.jpg
Man, this is the kind of racing game I want to play. Unique look, killer atmosphere. Urban neon Mad Max

Shame that no one seems interested in making some more sci-fi abstract cars in a racer (I assume there's "no audience")

Agreed. I don't know why EA doesn't just kill the series, there hasn't been any sort of soul since arguably Carbon / Prostreet. Criterion didn't help at all, and Ghost simply looks out of their league.

This post is just confusing. NFS is one of the best selling racing games around. As for Criterion not doing anything for it. They not only turned the series around critically, but they boosted its sales as well.

BrunoM

They sell a lot of copies.

Like a lot.
Yes that they do ..
Thing about this new NFS if and underground its going to be all the crazy micro transactions for mods bodykits and so on that back in underground 2 they would've just put into the game on day one

But in any case if the game is underground 3 I will be getting it!

After the recent NFS games I doubt it will be even remotely fun. Last "good" NFS was Shift 2, IIRC. I bought MW for the Vita on a sale and the way the missions were handled was terrible.

skelekey

I'm all for another underground as it was my favorite racing series, but I feel like every NFS after the original Most wanted (to be fair there are a few I didn't play) handled horribly. I want to feel like I'm driving a car, not gliding around the track.

This post is just confusing. NFS is one of the best selling racing games around. As for Criterion not doing anything for it. They not only turned the series around critically, but they boosted its sales as well.

I know what kind of numbers it moves. And to be frank, I really don't give a shit about reviews. Criterion killed the series by basically making it into Burnout. It certainly lost it's cache with me, and I used to be the first one to defend NFS.

oxidax

I seriously doubt it will be a new Underground. I remember listening to a podcast long ago (Around the time the Ferrari DLC for SHIFT dropped) and one of the PR guys for EA basically said, "Underground 3 won't come because the trends aren't there."

Then again, NFS is in such dire straits at the moment, so I wouldn't be surprised if they reneged on that.

One of the main reasons why I want this to be underground 3 it's because if it sells well it will bring the trend back. Imagine Rockstar bringing back midnight club and how many new awesome IP 's will rise from different developers and even indie ones if this becomes a thing again.

Damn you EA. Finally making products I'm actually interested in. It's been so, so easy to avoid you the past 5 years. I'd also accept Carbon 2 as the name if not Underground 3. You know, that last one that wasn't awful.
And change the color of the NOS.
It's been so long, I'd actually welcome something this hilariously cheesy.

T.O.P

Banned
Also, let me please start the game with basic and slow cars, i fuckin hated how the latest NFS games threw you in with a >300kw car right off the bat

I loved the sense of progression in U2

One of the main reasons why I want this to be underground 3 it's because if it sells well it will bring the trend back. Imagine Rockstar bringing back midnight club and how many new awesome IP 's will rise from different developers and even indie ones if this becomes a thing again.

Midnight Club will (hopefully) come back this generation, even if this is true / and or it sells well. Considering it'll probably use GTA V's general framework (Especially in terms of environment)

I hope.

Bandit1

Also, let me please start the game with basic and slow cars, i fuckin hated how the latest NFS games threw you in with a >300kw car right off the bat

I loved the sense of progression in U2

New guy in town, start with a 240sx and work your way up. That's how every street racing game should start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom