• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed |OT| Contains Spoilers

I'm enjoying this game in small bursts for what it is, it doesn't feed any racing thirst I had (Forza Horizons 2 did that for me) but it's dumb fun. Hoping Forza Horizons 3 makes it's way to PC!

Also, holy shit at my 7-speed STI haha.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Do cars still have million gears? Please tell me they fixed that with this patch. I am not touching this game until they fix it.

This Manuel transmission update is fucking a disaster and I have no hope this need for speed or Ghost games to make an authentic street racing game, or a good game for that matter.

Ghost games....a Skyline R34 does not have fucking 8 gears! Is this some sort of joke? you guys claim this need for speed caters for car enthusiast and authentic car culture and yet you put an 8 speed gear box in a R34?

Tell me about it and what's up the the DC5 Integra redlining at 7000 RPMs

jesu

Proper multiplayer at last...

Competitive multiplayer has finally arrived in the form of Speedlists. Speedlists are a set of five pre-selected races that you and your opponents compete in. You'll get a score for how you do in each race and at the end the highest scoring player wins. Better yet, as you do compete you'll earn titles based on your overall position in the Need for Speed community - essentially, it's a global ranking system. The titles are competitive so if you fall below the threshold you'll need to earn the title again. After all, there can only be one "World Champion."

http://www.trueachievements.com/n23...for-need-for-speed-is-racing-in-this-week.htm

I hope the game is still decently populated.

Hasney

Did they ever patch the deadzone for PS4 triggers? Someone replied to me in here and said they were going to when I bitched about it, but haven't tried it since.

NFS OT has only 16 pages?!!
Should you still be online even for single player races or did they add an option for playing offline? :|

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hahaha new patch is out and my skyline still has 8 gears. deleted this game..

Oh yeah..to make matters worse this is apparently the last patch this game will get.

After months of consideration, I finally picked this game up for PS4!

Huge huge fans of OG Most Wanted & Carbon, but I was really doubting this game after the reviews & user impressions...

And I have to say, I've been playing for about 5 hours straight and this game is a blast. I love it!

The driving in this game is really fun. The graphics are insane. The car customization is so cool.

I even like the story so far. The story is so bad, but in a corny good, nostalgic kind of way. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be!

Overall, I think I'd rate this game 8/10 or 9/10 so far. Really fun & addictive. Can't wait to unlock more cars & customize them!

antitrop

After months of consideration, I finally picked this game up for PS4!

Huge huge fans of OG Most Wanted & Carbon, but I was really doubting this game after the reviews & user impressions...

And I have to say, I've been playing for about 5 hours straight and this game is a blast. I love it!

The driving in this game is really fun. The graphics are insane. The car customization is so cool.

I even like the story so far. The story is so bad, but in a corny good, nostalgic kind of way. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be!

Overall, I think I'd rate this game 8/10 or 9/10 so far. Really fun & addictive. Can't wait to unlock more cars & customize them!

That's how I still felt about it after I got the Platinum.

That's how I still felt about it after I got the Platinum.

here on PC played 30 hours so far and am up LVL 51 with a fully loaded BRZ and F40. for the last week i thought I was stuck and that there werent any more progression missions because the sms messages I had left from all the people didnt have a location attached, but all I had to do was win the events that were on the map and eventually the story paths continued... loving it so far!

Funny thing is that I went through and completed eddie's challenged and the outlaw storyline while I thought I was stuck on progression, so at least I got those done, and I got some nice car rewards from them.. my only complaint is that I cant customize those cars I won.

ALSO, WHY cant the game give me the option to load right into the map instead of loading the garage first...

I wonder what prestige is and what that option to the right of Eddies Challenge is in the start menu. Feels like I've barely scratched the surface of this game!

kudoboi

sooo i just started playing this game and have bought a nissan GTR 2015 so far. What other cars do you guys recommend for customisation?

eosos

Banned
Been trying to play this game for the past couple days and cannot connect to the EA servers. So fucking infuriating. Can get to the menu page, but when I try and go to the campaign it stalls half way through the load and kicks me out.

Theorry

Any tips for when you buy your next new car. Running now with the Civic. But when make the upgrade to a other car and to wich car?

Zojirushi

Wow, I'm at a Drift event called "Remastered" and is this my game freaking out somehow or is this event supposed to be a total mess?

I got AI cars and cops driving the wrong way while the game routine is applying some crazy rubberbanding to keep the field together for that crew drifting hotness while the track is super tight and everybody is just crashing into each other constantly.

It's kinda funny if it wasn't so infuriating.

I decided to give it a chance with the Origin sale, bought the Deluxe edition since it was only $12.49 and yeah... Less than an hour I got one game freeze from when I decided to plug my controller in and being unable to force it to fully close leading me to restart and then a GPU/driver crash after some car customization and a bit of play time. I'm sure I could've tweaked controls and all that to a satisfactory degree but after Rivals I didn't have much patience with Ghost Games to begin with and those crashes, especially the last one made me go "yup, I'm out" and requested a refund which I didn't realize there was only a seven day (or 24 hours after the first start) limit for, had I known I would've tried it sooner after I bought it. Ended up getting a refund anyway.

Oh, what's up with that way point line?

Top Bottom