• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed |OT| Contains Spoilers

T.O.P

Banned
need.for.speed.2015.0csk2h.png

Developed By:

Logo_Studio_Ghost_-_EA_G%C3%B6teborg.png

Regular Edition
rsz_immagasasasineiiuur.png

Deluxe Edition
aasasaz0kqb.png

• Performance Pack
  • Tricked-out starter Car
  • Exclusive wraps
  • Unique Identifying Sticker
  • VIP Icon
  • Lifetime discount on all items using in-game currency
*DE only

Release Date:
Xbox One - Playstation 4
NA November 3rd 2015
EU November 5th 2015

PC
Q1/Q2 2016

gifxsj30.gif
gif3pwssl.gif

Official Website

Handling Tips & Tricks

Xbox Achievements List

PS Trophies List

imasasmaginex6kuwsosrd.png

Launch Trailer
BMW M2 Coupé Video Debut
E3 Reveal Trailer

1othjo4c.png

• Acura RSX-S
  • BMW M2
  • BMW M3 E46
  • BMW M3 E92
  • BMW M3 Evolution II E30
  • BMW M4
  • Chevrolet Camaro Z28
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06
  • Dodge Challenger SRT8
  • Dodge SRT Viper
  • Ferrari 458 Italia
  • Ferrari F40
  • Ford Focus RS
  • Ford Mustang
  • Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • Ford Mustang Fox Body
  • Ford Mustang GT
  • Honda Civic Type-R
  • Honda NSX Type-R
  • Honda S2000
  • Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
  • Lamborghini Diablo SV
  • Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4
  • Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670–4 SV
  • Lotus Exige S
  • Mazda MX-5 1996
  • Mazda MX-5 2015
  • Mazda RX7 Spirit R
  • McLaren 570S
  • Mercedes-AMG GT
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
  • NISSAN 180sx Type X
  • NISSAN Fairlady 240ZG
  • NISSAN GT-R Premium
  • NISSAN Silvia Spec-R
  • NISSAN Skyline GT-R KPGC10
  • NISSAN Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1993
  • NISSAN Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1999
  • Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8
  • Porsche 911 Carrera S (991)
  • Porsche 911 Carrera S (993)
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Porsche Cayman GT4
  • Scion FR-S
  • SUBARU BRZ Premium
  • SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI
  • Toyota GT86
  • Toyota Sprinter GT Apex
  • Toyota Supra SZ-R
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI
  • Volvo 242

otfgap5ptqnk.png

1121oxu7d.png

US Gamer 4.5/5

Gaming Trend 8.5/10

Gamespot 8/10

EGM 7/10

AR12 Gaming 7/10

IGN 6.3

Hardcore Gamer - 3/5

God Is A Geek 6/10

We Got This Covered 6/10

Videogamer 5/10

First OT (i also jsut learned how to make gifs, yay) so try to be kind :) cya on the road :D
569s2w.gif

*online connection required, still donnow why

I want so bad to have a reason to buy this but most of the reviews seem to be slate it pretty heavily. I love the visuals and customization but it seems like the gameplay itself and even quantity of content isn't really there.

DryvBy

Terrific title lol.

I can't wait! If anyone is playing on PS4 and needs someone to play, hit me up. My PSN is the same.

danowat

Banned
I want so bad to have a reason to buy this but most of the reviews seem to be slate it pretty heavily. I love the visuals and customization but it seems like the gameplay itself and even quantity of content isn't really there.

A couple of things, if you've got an XBO, try it on EAA, if you haven't got EAA, chuck a couple of quid at it and try it anyway.

The reviews haven't "slated" it, it's a solid 7/10 (IMO) and a heck of a lot of fun, and it's worth a try, despite the obvious shortcomings.

Secondly, I think the amount of customization has been overplayed and mis-sold, there are a number of cars with literally no customization, and there are many will only a few parts, so if customization is your main draw, you might be disappointed.

sgjackson

yeah, that's kinda where i'm at: i love the idea of playing an underground-esque tuner focused nfs again, and i (ironically) love the terrible fmv stuff, but if they missed the mark on the actual gameplay i'm not interested in dropping 60 on this

i'm kinda hype for the next one - i feel like this could be a game where they build on the foundation laid by the first game/reboot/whatever and the sequel is something really sweet.

Arttemis

I'm still bummed that they took a year off from the series to announce the long awaited Underground successor... only for it to be an unjustified always-online game that's lacking drag racing, manual transmission, wheel support, cockpit view, stable framerate, or even consistent tuning. The online requirement is 100% bullshit; streams of this game are getting DCed from shitty EA servers.

Why does EA gotta mess with something good with cartoonishly evil, Dr. Claw level stupid mandates?

A couple of things, if you've got an XBO, try it on EAA, if you haven't got EAA, chuck a couple of quid at it and try it anyway.

The reviews haven't "slated" it, it's a solid 7/10 (IMO) and a heck of a lot of fun, and it's worth a try, despite the obvious shortcomings.

Secondly, I think the amount of customization has been overplayed and mis-sold, there are a number of cars with literally no customization, and there are many will only a few parts, so if customization is your main draw, you might be disappointed.

Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so no access... to EAA. Is the lack of customizations prevelant? I thought it would mostly be the high end ferrari's and lambo's that you'd have issues with a lack of parts.

yeah, that's kinda where i'm at: i love the idea of playing an underground-esque tuner focused nfs again, and i (ironically) love the terrible fmv stuff, but if they missed the mark on the actual gameplay i'm not interested in dropping 60 on this

i'm kinda hype for the next one - i feel like this could be a game where they build on the foundation laid by the first game/reboot/whatever and the sequel is something really sweet.

Good point on this hopefully being a good foundation for the next one. I think for them to follow in the same vain for the next game they may need this one to sell well though. I think they have some good building blocks here from what I can tell, but there is definitely room for improvement. It's a shame that I don't think they'll put much effort into rectifying the issues with this game as it seems like a few patches could really improve the experience... offline mode?

danowat

Banned
Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so no access... to EAA. Is the lack of customizations prevelant? I thought it would mostly be the high end ferrari's and lambo's that you'd have issues with a lack of parts.

That was my original thinking, but it's not just limited to the high end cars, heck even the Type R only has a handful of parts, and the Volvo has nothing.

I still don't get why the game needs internet to work.

I've played for a couple of hours via EAA and just don't see any features that weren't in Rivals.

SLV

Got a Fujiwara tofu shop car, got the Devil Z, working on the blackbird and later the rx - 7 as well I guess, so I have 2 for 2 initial D and wangan midnight. Loving this game just for that fact.

Ah! I get it. Spoilers because you can customise cars. And because there will be story spoilers too. Ah! I get it! Nobody else guessed it even my immediate family bought it! Its me Austin! It was me all along.

Ok i stop now.

Wait so customization is limited? Well, if that's the case i'll skip it. Somebody knows if the 2 Dodge have limited customization? I'm sad now.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
How long do you guys think before they patch out the online-only "feature" ?

I don't think they will. I think they're going to be stubborn to the end even if sales are low because of it.

T.O.P

Banned
Can't wait to pick this up on Friday, still, the only way to save this would be to have a huge post launch support like Driveclub, hell at least give the fuckin feedbacks from the beta a read developers :|

Bandit1

Nice work on the OT, love the title!

I'll be holding off on this game for now. Always online, lack of manual transmission, and five car garage limit has really killed my hype. But Ghost said they'll be releasing updates so I will stay tuned and hopefully these things will be addressed.

Offline mode, manual transmission, and just a ten car garage limit and I would have bought a PS4 for this on day 1.

Cudder

Mine's being delivered today. I'm still excited to get my Evo and soup it up. Haven't bought a NFS game since Shift.

There are way too many games that I'm playing now and coming in the next couple weeks for me to be able to have time for this at the moment. But I'll pick it up sometime next year to play through the single player. I loved Most Wanted (2005) and Underground and the beta for this made me feel like I was playing some of that.

Dr Dogg

I wasn't even interested in this until watching the Giant Bomb guys QL the other day now I really want this for the fucking awful FMV segments. Non stop fist bumps!

bombshell

Can't hear the audio since i'm at work but have they tested it as well with the more powerful cars? the heavy drops seems to show mostly at high speed

If the PS4 version has less framerate drops in the slower cars even when running a higher resolution, then you can expect it to also have less/smaller framerate drops in the fastest cars.

T.O.P

Banned
If the PS4 version has less framerate drops in the slower cars even when running a higher resolution, then you can expect it to also have less/smaller framerate drops in the fastest cars.

Still curious about it tho, since i can easily cancel my pre-order and just wait for the PC version at this point

Game is trying hard to piss me off

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Well Gamespot gave 8 & IGN gave it 6.3. What a world am i live in ???

Ahh its shame if its a failed even after an extra year of Development. I was excited about this game.

cripterion

What the fuck is up with that pc release date? Never change EA.

Game is crap apparently so it's not a big loss.

Good point on this hopefully being a good foundation for the next one. I think for them to follow in the same vain for the next game they may need this one to sell well though. I think they have some good building blocks here from what I can tell, but there is definitely room for improvement. It's a shame that I don't think they'll put much effort into rectifying the issues with this game as it seems like a few patches could really improve the experience... offline mode?

I disagree on the foundation part .. This game build on heavily on rivals even if the theme is different ( i'm talking on the core gameplay , car handling, scoring , engine )

And i can't help but think that they are going on the wrong direction on certain aspect of the game.
Why do they need to flash the screen everytime something happens? this weird effect they introduced in rivals needs to go ASAP

I disagree on the foundation part .. This game build on heavily on rivals even if the theme is different ( i'm talking on the core gameplay , car handling, scoring , engine )

And i can't help but think that they are going on the wrong direction on certain aspect of the game.
Why do they need to flash the screen everytime something happens? this weird effect they introduced in rivals needs to go ASAP

I think by foundation, he she means the "soul" of the game (customization, night life, cheesy FMV, no cinematic racing crap). Or at least that's how I define foundation.

There are more flaws than there are positives, but I'm still enjoying it.

Top Bottom