• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed PS4: The best game nobody is talking about

Camwi

I'm hoping to get this, Lego Marvel, and an extra PS4 controller at TRU today after work with that $50 gift card deal, but I'm not holding my breath. I have a bad feeling the controllers will be sold out.

I'm hoping to get this, Lego Marvel, and an extra PS4 controller at TRU today after work with that $50 gift card deal, but I'm not holding my breath. I have a bad feeling the controllers will be sold out.

Lego Marvel is blowing my mind.

It is A LOT BETTER then I ever thought it would be. I have not liked a lego game in a pretty long time but this one man ... this one is fantastic. I will have to check out Need for Speed when my PS4 arrives soon.

Jburton

Banned
i'm holding out on getting this game because im afraid the PC version might be capped at 30FPS

offtopic but i think someone should remove PS4 from the title because it makes it seem that this thread is only exclusive to those who are getting it on PS4

edit: or did i get it wrong and this thread is actually for those who are getting it on PS4?

You read it wrong, it's for PS4 owners.

You read it wrong, it's for PS4 owners.

I've got my copy, if any gaffers want to add me. plagiar1ze on PSN. My PS4 will be arriving from amazon sometime later today. I'd really like to make sure I have friends with this game as the SP/MP line blurring is one of the things that most interested me in rivals.

Raxious

Got it pre-ordered to go with my Killzone Mega bundle. Was planning to get Driveclub and this looked like a nice option seeing Driveclub got delayed. After seeing the game during the IGN show I'm even happier.

Trigonx

Picked it up Wednesday after convincing a Target employee that they did have the game in their store somewhere, 10 minutes later he found it. Playing it on remote play on the other side of my smaller house; works sooo good.

Thrakier

Yeah, some of us can go back. I've played and enjoyed 60 fps racers. If a 30 fps racer is fun, I can enjoy it, even in 2013.

Congratz, you are much more flexible than I am. It's hard for me to lower my standards once I raised them. A racer at 30FPS is no fun to me anymore, no matter the game at hand. I once loved Motorstorm, today, I can't stand it. Just for example. It feels so horrible.

Chucker

Picked it up Wednesday after convincing a Target employee that they did have the game in their store somewhere, 10 minutes later he found it. Playing it on remote play on the other side of my smaller house; works sooo good.

Aw yiss. This is what I wanted to hear.

Liamc723

I've just gone and pre-ordered this after hearing all the positive reviews, the European PS4 launch can't come soon enough.

Camwi

It is A LOT BETTER then I ever thought it would be. I have not liked a lego game in a pretty long time but this one man ... this one is fantastic. I will have to check out Need for Speed when my PS4 arrives soon.

That's good to hear. I figured it would be the one launch game my wife and I could play together.

AmyS

Got my PS4 from GS last night. Got BF4 and KZ:SF.

Need For Speed Rivals was sold out.

Haven't attempted to hook up console yet, let alone go online with it.

I think I might actually get this game, so how much is the PSN digital version ?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is it like Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted since its made by mostly Criterion staff ? Because I thought those games were shit and not my cup of tea at all.

AmyS

Its made by ghosts games.....which is made up of like 80% of criterion guys.....so its basically the same devs, which means its burnout is for speed.

Oh so mostly Criterion staff AND it's powered by Frostbite 3 ?

Sold.

How much for the PSN DD ?

Certinty

Is it like Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted since its made by mostly Criterion staff ? Because I thought those games were shit and not my cup of tea at all.
Couldn't agree more, hopefully it isn't but unfortunately it does look like HP and MW.

I enjoyed hot pursuit in PS3, but I don't feel like spending another 60+ euros for the same game in HD. Specially sice it looks like they put zero effort in using the extra gpu power available in the PS4.

Chorazin

I'd love to talk about it, but Amazon is still freaking out of stock. :-( I wanted this more than the other two games I ordered during the B2G1 sale, it's just sitting there on my order page in limbo.

From The Verge PS4 review: "In some games, especially Need for Speed: Rivals, we suffered some pretty annoying framerate issues when too much was happening on the screen. Nothing we saw really took our breath away, and nothing looked better than what you get with a good gaming PC."

WHHHHHYYYYY?????

From The Verge PS4 review: "In some games, especially Need for Speed: Rivals, we suffered some pretty annoying framerate issues when too much was happening on the screen. Nothing we saw really took our breath away, and nothing looked better than what you get with a good gaming PC."

WHHHHHYYYYY?????

This might be related to the patch fix that is incoming as reported by Eurogamer.

Sigma722

Isn't this the street date for this 11/19? I think amazon and a few retailers are confused, and releasing early, but technically I'm not sure it should be out until Tuesday..

Seems a lot like Burnout Revenge - which is a damn good thing!

If someone remade that in 1080p/60fps I'd pay $60 for it in a second. I'm tired of this whole open city stuff.

I'll look into this game, but I'm not too hopeful. I didn't like the previous NFS all that much.

cilonen

Definitely but with the open world of Most Wanted.

OK interested now. I'm still a bit gutted that Hot Pursuit wasn't *real* open world like, say, Burnout Paradise, or TDU.

Just to confirm, this is, right? Like I can just cruise around between events?

USC-fan

Banned

This game is hard to find. I wanted to trade ghost for it at target and it sold not everywhere.

Scrabble

but what is it doing to revolutionize the racing genre? Where is that next gen gameplay? From what I've seen you just race cars on a track to get first place, racing games need to be something more.

Chucker

but what is it doing to revolutionize the racing genre? Where is that next gen gameplay? From what I've seen you just race cars on a track to get first place, racing games need to be something more.

There is a track? News to me.

Might go pick this up today. Driving around, hunting other players as a cop sounds incredibly fun to me.

Dude, I can't wait to be online. EXCUSE ME SIR, PULL OVER! Have you been drinking tonight?

Mister D

I just got this and NBA2K14 with the Amazon B1G1 deal. I don't have any friends on Origin so playing on PS4 should raise the odds of me finding people to play with when I feel like taking a break from BF4. I really need to stop buying games though.

Top Bottom