• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Armstrong has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon Ice

Banned
I'm glad he was alive to see Curiosity land on Mars, and that he made it all the way to 82. RIP to a legend who shall never be forgotten.

Yka

He took a big step into the unknown today. Godspeed Neil and thanks for being one hell of a badass!

JdFoX187

Banned
How did they decide who'd be the first to step onto the Moon, out of interest?

If I remember right, Buzz was actually going to be the first man to step foot on the moon. But there was something to do with the design of the vessel and the placement of the hatch that Armstrong was the one that ended up getting the honor. It's actually quite a shame that Buzz is often looked over. The accomplishments of both men are simply astounding.

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong :(

What's even more impressive to me is that he didn't die on that rock all of those decades ago. They actually came back alive from the fucking Moon.

Avixph

507px-Neil_Armstrong_pose.jpg

R.I.P

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
If I remember right, Buzz was actually going to be the first man to step foot on the moon. But there was something to do with the design of the vessel and the placement of the hatch that Armstrong was the one that ended up getting the honor. It's actually quite a shame that Buzz is often looked over. The accomplishments of both men are simply astounding.

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong :(
Mustn't forget Michael Collins either.

It was just a great team in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom