• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Geo games coming to Nintendo Switch

Neff

I remember In the Hunt kicking the absolute shit out of me. I think it probably took me 30-40 credits to beat it.

So I was abroad and took my switch with me.
There were several arcades in town but they were full with stupid "iphone" games (I dunno what to call them) and other non-arcade stuff. next to no arcade classics (some pinball machines;thats it).
We ended up playing NeoGeo games on the switch. We played almost for 5 hours (afair) straight till the battery died.

I need an additional dock for vacations though. I want to connect the switch to hotel TVs.
I hope Nintendo lets me buy a dock only soon.

compared to other neogeo shooters? good.
it's a great R-Type rip off which suffers from one big problem: You cannot continue from the point where you die. this makes it very frustrating sometimes.
I prefer vertical shmups like Aero Fighters and Ghost Pilots.

Hmm, that's disappointing. Not sure if I'll get it.

Oddduck

Data East games will be released on Switch.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/161322328209

At the 66th Arcade Archives livestream yesterday airing on niconico, Hamster confirmed that Data East titles will be joining their list of Nintendo Switch eShop classics. The first game will be Magical Drop 2 with other titles coming at a future date. Other new ACA NEOGEO games announced for Nintendo Switch included Garou Densetsu 2: Aratanaru Tatakai (Fatal Fury) and Metal Slug 2. All three titles are expected in Summer 2017.

kingbean

Holy crap Last Resort is hard as hell. I like it a lot, though.

Cool about Metal Slug 2, but why not X?
I've played Fatal Fury 2 on snes. I hope the arcade version feels better than that copy.

Tizoc

Holy crap Last Resort is hard as hell. I like it a lot, though.

Cool about Metal Slug 2, but why not X?
I've played Fatal Fury 2 on snes. I hope the arcade version feels better than that copy.
Of course it will
Bt u are gonna want fatal fury apecial for the extra characters and balance

@MUWANdo

Banned
Thank god the door is open for a Windjammers port on Switch, I don't have any faith in Dotemu and their upcoming PS4 release.

Data East's games are split between different owners and the people Hamster's working with are not the same people who own Windjammers.

The Data East Neo Geo games you can expect from Hamster are Magical Drop 2 and 3, Street Hoop/Dunk Dream, Karnov's Revenge/Fighters History Dynamite and Spinmaster/Miracle Adventure (and maybe Ghostlop but that game was never officially released so it probably won't show up anywhere else).

Metal Slug 2 over X? Strange.

2 is better than X its just unfortunate that technically its a mess with the excessive slowdown. 2 has more animation in the backgrounds (eg the sand in stage 1) a nicer colour palette but most importantly far better ordering of bosses in the levels.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Bad Dudes
Windjammers
Fighter's History
Fighter's History Dynamite
Heavy Barrel
Joe and Mac
Bloody Wolf
Midnight Resistance
Night Slashers
Two Crude Dudes
Edward Randy

Get those games on there!!!

Heavy Barrel is one of my GOAT arcade shooters. So many quarters spent.

2 is better than X its just unfortunate that technically its a mess with the excessive slowdown. 2 has more animation in the backgrounds (eg the sand in stage 1) a nicer colour palette but most importantly far better ordering of bosses in the levels.

It's probably a safe bet that this Switch port of MS2 will have all of that slowdown, right?

I wonder if they'll add in a toggle to get rid of the slowdown. Maybe faster emulated Neo Geo clocks or something. I agree that 2 is a nicer looking game than X.

How is 2 on PS4/XB1? I saw it was out this week for those systems.

Dumb question, but how do I get my scores to show on leaderboards? On PS4 Arcade Archives, if you beat your previous score, it auto-uploads. Does it do the same here? My "Hi Score" says 0.

EDIT: This is in regards to Last Resort, but I had the same problem on Alpha Mission II.

EDIT 2: I got it to work in Caravan Mode. It just asked me if I want to upload my score (just like PS4). Why isn't it doing this in Hi Score Mode?

Sticking to my two NeoGeo games a paycheck plan and bought:

Last Resort
Shock Troopers

YOOO, these games are fucking legit! :D

EDIT: Thanks for the Last Resort scans, AmyS!

Fuck no not Fatal Fury 2. They're not going to port Special then. God this is the worst news.

don't worry, Special will come 100%

I feel kinda sorry for Fatal Fury 2. No one wants it.
I bought Fatal Fury 1 because it was my first neogeo fighter back in the days and I will get FFSpecial because it's the best FF.
I see no reason to get FF2.

Is there any way to plays as the boss/secret characters in World Heroes Perfect or is that only possible in the home version?
There's cheat codes.
Play as Dio - At the character selection screen, hold B and press up, up, down, down, left, left, right, right, BC.

Play as Son Guko - At the character selection screen, hold C and press up, up, down, down, left, left, right, right, B + C.

Fight as Zeus - In a 2 player VS, at the character select screen, hold B and C, and press A.

Top Bottom