• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo-nazis are probably ruining the men's undercut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

This is my haircut :(

It's probabaly the most popular haircut at a Hispanic Barber shop in Los Angeles that I go to though

I'm assuming that half the posts in this thread or sarcastic btw...if not...

Not sarcastic like with Pepe which also is not allowed to be used anymore

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
http://www.sadeez.com/men-fashion/trendy-mens-haircuts-2016-2017-for-winter

It remains in the lead and a long version of “undercut”, which provides shaving temporal zone. Hair can be removed in a stylish ponytail or combed optional. This hairstyle is perfect for men with an elongated shape and a square face that adds the image of brutality and underlines the leadership traits of strong appearance.

lol

First, hit of the year will be the classic “hedgehog” with redesigned smooth curves. This form will be the ideal option for men with a round face shape

It remains in the lead and a long version of “undercut”, which provides shaving temporal zone. Hair can be removed in a stylish ponytail or combed optional. This hairstyle is perfect for men with an elongated shape and a square face that adds the image of brutality and underlines the leadership traits of strong appearance.
what the hell are they talking about?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Any time you have a specific hairstyle instead of a regular-ass haircut, you look like a goober. People talk about those things like they are poorly, but they look stupid at the time as well.

What pray tell is a 'regular-ass haircut'?

Cels

Even the Nazis on The Man in the High Castle runs with it.

At least I think it's a picture from The Man in the High Castle.

7860ee8776c9e641-MITHC_109_01332.jpg

Since we don't use hats anymore, have to go with the next best.

might be gauche to say it but these two nazis have got style

Auctopus

"But if it was requested by name by a client, our barbers would ask them to get the fuck out of the chair. This is a stupid attempt at a hurtful rebrand of a popular haircut. "

Judging people on a haircut they want is so stupid unless they're clearly like "make me look like the Neo-Nazi/Nazi I saw on TV".

Might as well call anyone that wear Hugo Boss clothes or cologne, drives a BMW or buys H&K guns a Nazi too.

Omadahl

Banned
I finally get a hairstyle that looks good on me and Nazis fuck it up. This is how people must have felt about Hitler's mustache.

Judging people on a haircut they want is so stupid unless they're clearly like "make me look like the Neo-Nazi/Nazi I saw on TV".

Might as well call anyone that wear Hugo Boss clothes or cologne, drives a BMW or buys H&K guns a Nazi too.

They're saying they'll refuse if the customer says they want a "fasci." I don't think the barber from this quote would have a problem with a customer asking for an undercut.

Biske

It's true.

Was at my barber and talking about hair and I do longer on the top shorter on the sides and he was like, lets not go extremely short on the sides, you'll look like a Nazi.

BioHazard

I have the "long on top and shorter on the sides" look and put the hair back with a little bit of product, but I hate the undercut style. Just don't shave the sides down to a buzzcut. The juxtaposition of buzzed hair to like this dense, floppy clump on top has always looked terrible.

EDIT: the Richard Spencer pic above is exactly what I'm referring to

Pickman

Yeah, it's not great having an undercut and a full beard as a giant white guy. I've noticed a lot of uber drivers who are Trump supporters start immediately talking politics with me lately, where that wasn't really a thing before the alt-right went ham on the style.

forrest

formerly nacire
I was thinking about this the other day while getting my haircut. I've been wearing undercut variants for a couple of years now. I never go super tight all the way up and prefer a nice fade/taper to blend to the longer hair on top.

I like the look on me, but have been feeling that the style is pretty stale. Maybe this will usher in some new looks.

Good thing I thought it looked goofy as fuck before "alt-right" was even a term.

Also, wasn't ruining iconography kinda part of the Nazi agenda? There are tons of centuries-old European symbols and icons that were appropriated by Nazis if I'm not mistaken.

highrider

Banned
No, hipsters ruined it, as well as beards. Adoption by white supremacy types is just an indication if it's demise in popular culture.

Haircut was more popular in NY/NJ a couple years ago. It looks dumb imo but I guess they're just late to the trend.

It's been popular in the gay community for a long time now, too.

For a while it was a fairly surefire way to tell if a guy was gay :lol Too many straight guys have it now for that to work anymore

Is that what it's called? I don't even understand why that ugly look is so popular.

I hate that haircut. I've been calling it "that hair, bro" since I first started seeing it a few years ago.

Then last year I noticed it was the same as Kim Jong Un's haircut:

gLYugv8.jpg

So I figured all of these people are just big North Korea fans.

RetroMG

Oh hey, I tried to get my hair cut like that once. I looked like a mushroom.

Yeah, I'm OK with them ruining this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom