• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yami

richisawesome said:
Yesssss. This came today:

http://i.imgur.com/tRhIo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AOPbx.jpg

Dreamcast (mint condition!) with controller and VMU, along with these games:

- Dead or Alive 2 (the box is Soul Fighter, but with DoA2 inside!)
- Sonic Adventure
- Toy Racer
- Quake 3 Arena
- Chu Chu Rocket!
- Sega Bass Fishing
- Fighting Force 2
- Ready 2 Rumble Boxing

All this cost me the grand total of....£7.96 Soooo good.

Got my VGA cable and extra VMU/Controller coming soon!

Do you know how much I hate you?

I want. Haha.

Some new Blu-rays
KillBill.jpg

amazon.ca had 'em on sale.

NewBlu.jpg

kikori said:
And lastly, thanks to seeing these in prior months' pickup threads, I started my Blu-Ray collection off on the right foot:
tvXlB.jpg

Sweet! I just saw Castle in the Sky on DVD a few weeks ago and it was seriously great. I bet blu-ray does wonders for the stunning artwork.

What's the orange flick on the far right?

richisawesome said:
Yesssss. This came today:

http://i.imgur.com/tRhIo.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AOPbx.jpg[IMG]

Dreamcast (mint condition!) with controller and VMU, along with these games:

- Dead or Alive 2 (the box is Soul Fighter, but with DoA2 inside!)
- Sonic Adventure
- Toy Racer
- Quake 3 Arena
- Chu Chu Rocket!
- Sega Bass Fishing
- Fighting Force 2
- Ready 2 Rumble Boxing

All this cost me the grand total of....[B]£7.96[/B] Soooo good.

Got my VGA cable and extra VMU/Controller coming soon![/QUOTE]

Neat. Make sure you pick up Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, and Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

I have almost 70 Dreamcast titles. One of these days I'm gonna start collecting the rest.

Shuusui

kikori said:
Got a nice surprise gift from my girlfriend this month, my first PS3:

And lastly, thanks to seeing these in prior months' pickup threads, I started my Blu-Ray collection off on the right foot:
tvXlB.jpg
Quick question. My Japanese is decent enough to make it through these films, but I'd love to know if there are subtitles on these releases. If so, import from the GODS!

Risette

A Good Citizen
Shuusui said:
Quick question. My Japanese is decent enough to make it through these films, but I'd love to know if there are subtitles on these releases. If so, import from the GODS!
Subs and dubs. They're pretty great releases.

JiliK said:
A bunch of downloadable stuff from the last few months:

musicdownloads_steam_22APR11.png

Although your game choices are mostly pretty awesome, what really makes this post stand out is Curve's Doppleganger CD. Such a bloody amazing album! Congrats on an epic haul.

img_00632iqfj.png

My first and second micro. Absolutely in love. I've never actually played my handhelds out of the house much but I take this thing everywhere now. So great. Yoshi's island may have been a march pick-up, don't recall.

Picked up all four Megaman Zero games in the Gamestop buy 2 get 2 sale (along with Wario Land 4, Chu Chu Rocket, DK King of Swing, and NES Classic Zelda).

EDIT: Also picked up both Kirby games and Paper Mario in the sale too. Damn.

_dementia said:
amazon.co.jp

I'm debating on whether or not to pull the trigger right now, lol

I believe Yesasia (and possible Playasia) also offers them for those who want to save on shipping costs (Amazon Japan only offers EMS if I recall correctly, which is fast but also costs a lot). I got my Laputa from Yesasia, took a bit longer to arrive than EMS, but it arrived without customs or anything which is great. I decided to get the Disney version of the rest of the collection though as they are quite hefty in price, not to mention non of the extra content has English subtitles in the Japanese releases.

Sagitario

ErnieMcCracken said:
Some new Blu-rays
KillBill.jpg

WOW! The boxes look great! Are those some kind of special editions or something? First time I have seen them. ME WANT!
I did a quick search and I can't find them [not like I will be able to buy them from Amazon, though :(]

Sagitario said:
WOW! The boxes look great! Are those some kind of special editions or something? First time I have seen them. ME WANT!
I did a quick search and I can't find them [not like I will be able to buy them from Amazon, though :(]

Got them here. They had them on sale earlier this week (along w/ a number of other Steelbooks) for CDN$14.99 ea.

kikori

Neo Member
Shuusui said:
All three have English subs, plus Japanese, French, Korean, and Chinese (traditional and Mandarin) at minimum. Laputa adds German and the Yamadas adds Cantonese and Finnish.

Clott said:
Having a hard time finding it, could I get a direct link?
In addition to the two _dementia posted: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0041RQQDI/. They'll be releasing Whisper of the Heart in July in similar format too.

Interestingly, the prices on amazon.co.jp seem to include local tax, so I wound up paying about 250 JPY ($3) less per disc than what's shown on the site. Shipping was 2600 JPY ($32, ouch) and came via DHL / local courier -- I was surprised it wasn't EMS, actually. I had these in my cart for over 2 months and checked prices daily, and they've fluctuated between where they are now and just under 6000 JPY each. This is the lowest I've seen them.

I do have to say, the quality of the cases is superb. They have that nice matte "finish" (for lack of a better word) that doesn't attract fingerprints, and both Laputa and the Yamadas have small hidden magnets that keep the case closed nicely. The Nausicaa case is a little thicker because of the tiny book it contains. They're easily nicer than just about any other disc box in my collection.

isny

napkin dispenser
kikori said:
All three have English subs, plus Japanese, French, Korean, and Chinese (traditional and Mandarin) at minimum. Laputa adds German and the Yamadas adds Cantonese and Finnish.

The only problem is that two out of three of those titles are $80 a pop. Laputa is being release on Blu in Europe and can be purchased from Amazon.co.uk for about $20 shipped =)

Dragoon_lantz said:
Came in yesterday thanks to gaffer isny for letting me know it was on newegg still

Glad to help out. It even included the sexy slipcover too! =D (I can't believe someone would trash something so awesometastic!)

Risette

A Good Citizen
isny said:
The only problem is that two out of three of those titles are $80 a pop. Laputa is being release on Blu in Europe and can be purchased from Amazon.co.uk for about $20 shipped =)
If Nausicaa is any indicator then the company who releases Ghibli BDs in Europe loooves detail destroying DNR. I wouldn't hope for much from their releases.

Forsete

My GOTY so far, got two of these one for me and one for my brah.

5642483863_3bd95c1bef_b_d.jpg

New/used watch
5643052660_fc8a8cfed2_b_d.jpg

5642484143_a9f9e614c0_b_d.jpg

Used binoculars, Hensold 8x30 Fero D16
5643187568_4f63711297_b_d.jpg

Aguirre

_dementia said:
Silent Hill 2 is such a great game.
Congrats on the haul. I always wanted to try Onimusha.
Thanks.

Onimusha: Warlords is a terrific game, although a little on the short side. Great game and you can grab it for cheap at Amazon/eBay.

TxdoHawk

Yami said:
2 very contrasting gentlemen's magazines and a bottle of cider. Not complaining.

I am! I want some cider now, and I'm still at work. I'll also take whoever that is on the cover of Front...which I have never heard of. Distributed in Europe only or something?

Yami

TxdoHawk said:
I am! I want some cider now, and I'm still at work. I'll also take whoever that is on the cover of Front...which I have never heard of. Distributed in Europe only or something?

Haha, grab some when you finish! Yeah it's a British mag, but they do ship overseas if you want to order an issue or subscription. I just finished doing some work experience at the mag, and I'm credited in this issue so it's a big plus for me as well, seeing my name in print!

LiK

Yami said:
Haha, grab some when you finish! Yeah it's a British mag, but they do ship overseas if you want to order an issue or subscription. I just finished doing some work experience at the mag, and I'm credited in this issue so it's a big plus for me as well, seeing my name in print!

you wrote for that sexy mag? good on ya mate.

Grinchy

Banned
Kotomi said:
LUNgy.jpg

Damn that 10 hour charge. I'm anxious to try it out!
If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it? I see it is $49.99 on Amazon right now but I wasn't sure if that was a good price or not for manscaping.

Top Bottom