• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Grinchy said:
If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it? I see it is $49.99 on Amazon right now but I wasn't sure if that was a good price or not for manscaping.
I don't mind at all. I paid the $49.99 at Amazon and got free two-day shipping with my Amazon Prime trial.

It got loads of five star reviews there and some GAF members here raved about it, so I figured I would try it.

angelfly

Portal 2 which I've already finished.
ujnL7.jpg

Also got my copy of 'Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing'. Comes with a bluetooth keyboard as well as a reference poster for the romanji.
mu3XI.jpg

2UoKZ.jpg

ONpAB.jpg

Patrick Bateman said:
Damn, that looks really nice. I need such a sole shelf for my player, too. But I guess there's not enough space in my room for that anymore. :(
These shelves are really really nice for what you pay for and they're excellent for record-owners.

They're not that and you can stack 'em! :) I recently got one of these, which combines the shelves with a desk. http://www.homedosh.com/wp-content/uploads/expedit-desk1.jpg (I wont post the picture directly, as I didn't take it.)

TxdoHawk

Today's theme: Stuff I can't enjoy (yet...)

Tight re-release! (On vinyl, for my turntable that currently is missing a receiver...)
2011-04-22_18-03-15_846.jpg

Gas and a speedloader! (For my still-broken airsoft pistol...)

2011-04-22_18-03-31_216.jpg

Hopefully my replacement barrel shows up tomorrow, and I'm talking to people on Craigslist about a cheap receiver.

NoName#1

Neo Member
whatsinaname said:
New shelf. Ikea Expedit. Pretty awesome for $40.
hTaoy.jpg
Nice shelf. Also In an Aeroplane... Greatest album of all time. It makes me want to post a picture of my Jeff Mangum tickets again.

mike23

Parts for my PC upgrade (on the left) and parts for my new NAS (on the right). Reusing the replaced parts from my current desktop to build the NAS

w2cdZ.jpg

Current PC has a Sapphire 5850, 120GB SSD, and a PS that I'm reusing.
I also have 2x 30GB OCZ SSDs lying around that I'll put in the NAS, one for boot. The other I'll use for a ZFS cache drive or maybe just keep around in case the other one fails.

Upgrade
Cooler Master Hyper 212 cooler
i5 2500k
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series ram
Asus P8P67 Pro
2x Wireless N usb adapters (1 each for upgrade and NAS)

NAS
600W Cooler Master Silent Pro M
Radeon HD 5450
Drive cage
6x 3TB Hitachi drives

My new case for the upgrade is still in the mail. NewEgg shipped it separately and it got put on a delivery truck in TN all day Thursday for some reason. (I'm in NY). It's a Fractal Design Define R3

mike23 said:
Parts for my PC upgrade (on the left) and parts for my new NAS (on the right). Reusing the replaced parts from my current desktop to build the NAS

NAS
600W Cooler Master Silent Pro M
Radeon HD 5450
Drive cage
6x 3TB Hitachi drives

My new case for the upgrade is still in the mail. NewEgg shipped it separately and it got put on a delivery truck in TN all day Thursday for some reason. (I'm in NY). It's a Fractal Design Define R3
What are you going to use for your NAS? Openfiler, Freenas, or?

TxdoHawk

Oh wow. Sorry to double-post but I thought this deserved its own update. I got my receiver, but that's not what's so awesome that I needed to post again. I cracked open my copy of Tighter expecting black vinyl and found this instead. :eek:

2011-04-22_20-28-13_652.jpg

enewtabie

Picked up some Hollowpoint ammo for my personal weapon/paddle holster and some surplus ammo in the range bag for my AR/MP plinker.
I got Portal earlier in the week and got used copies of Red Faction Guerrilla and Crackdown 2 along with Socom 4 today.
Also picked up some UNC rainbows before we went to Myrtle Beach. I also got a roof vent seal for my roof vent on my car from japanparts but no one will know what that is and it doesn't really photograph well.
Oh yeah and World of Goo and some EA stuff on Iphone.
094.jpg

093.jpg

095.jpg

278daff7.jpg

Silh

B91LP.png

Going on a Castlevania binge soon. Got these from GAF, too. ;P

pzeCP.png

Looking to get my hands on Eternal Blue.

Blablurn

i jumped on the messi bandwagon. but i didn't wanna have the barcelona one... so i bought the new argentina shirt

1t7pl.jpg

207zx.jpg

more shirts will follow next week!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
angelfly said:
Also got my copy of 'Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing'. Comes with a bluetooth keyboard as well as a reference poster for the romanji.
2UoKZ.jpg
Dowant .....

So how is the bluetooth keybord ?

Ovid

TheFuryMGS3 said:
1z3qg4i.jpg

The m4 is finally complete

29givix.jpg

The acog finally came in, however it seems to be to far away for proper eye relief. GAF what is the consensus, should the acog go on the FAL and should I buy a high power scope for the EBR or should I put a new mount for the EBR so it will properly fit the acog and put the high power scope on the FAL?
WTF??? Are those real?

Yes Boss!

tarius1210 said:
WTF??? Are those real?
Look pretty real. Some other kind of weapons...for hunting, perhaps? I recognize parts, here and there.

I use an M4 and ACOG at work. Nice stuff. Although I prefer the 68 for sights. Most dis it but I'm way more accurate with it.

mkenyon

Banned
EmmanuelMunoz said:
I am enjoying April being gun month here on the pick-up thread
Well let me indulge you. Wasn't going to post this as the rifle isn't new, but the Bulgarian 40-rd mag is new (4 40 rounders, 4 30 rounders, for $40 total!), as is the Iraqi bayonet. The rifle is a Yugoslavian Underfolder, AK-47. Manufactured at the Zastava Plant in Serbia.

2ppbvo8.jpg

enewtabie

mkenyon said:
Well let me indulge you. Wasn't going to post this as the rifle isn't new, but the Bulgarian 40-rd mag is new (4 40 rounders, 4 30 rounders, for $40 total!), as is the Iraqi bayonet. The rifle is a Yugoslavian Underfolder, AK-47. Manufactured at the Zastava Plant in Serbia.

2ppbvo8.jpg

Nice! I have a Saiga 7.62x39 I got from a gun show. I really love that round better than the .223 I normally shoot. It really tears up metal plate. I have yet to play a game that does that gun the service it deserves. :)

angelfly said:
Portal 2 which I've already finished.
ujnL7.jpg

mu3XI.jpg

2UoKZ.jpg

ONpAB.jpg

How much did it cost you, I see Play-Asia lists it for like $70 c.c I kind of want it but I don't know Japanese...

Busy month I put off buying the first iPad so I decided to treat myself this time around with the iPad 2.

Last week my copy of The Art of Sucker Punch arrived I ordered it a while ago and thought it was a scam.

A friend hooked me up with the Tron SE identity disk on vinyl this will be getting framed ASAP.

It's been a while since I played a real game so I went with Alan Wake done with Episode 2 being a fan of CW's show Supernatural I love the play mechanic.

Yes Boss!

_dementia,

You sonofabitch. So pretty the ceramic memory card. Us lowly folks still use a black one for our ceramic PS2s. Where did you order that from? As usual, excellent photography for your pickups! Always love your shallow depth of field.

Yes Boss! said:
_dementia,

You sonofabitch. So pretty the ceramic memory card. Us lowly folks still use a black one for our ceramic PS2s. Where did you order that from? As usual, excellent photography for your pickups! Always love your shallow depth of field.
Heh, thanks. I'm not thrilled with how they came out, I'm just too lazy to change the lens :p
Got my memory card from gamebaz

Top Bottom