• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

pax217

DSC_6554.jpg

True Crime was $3 (and the best playing backward compatible game I've seen on the 360) from LukieGames, and Midnight Club LA was $5 at Wal-Mart.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
cover is all curved, is that an eco case? did they cut out plastic outta the case? have ps3 games have been doing this too now?

It's not eco. PS3 cases, I believe, are more environmentally friendly and that's why Wii, 360, and PC are the only ones who've gotten into that. To my knowledge, at least.

Machine

so because people don't spend hundreds on goofy looking shoes we wear bum shoes?

k, if that's how you have to justify spending that much money on a pair of shoes i feel bad for you.

I'm not a sneaker person so I won't try to justify spending that much on them BUT I will say that a decent pair of men's dress shoes is probably going to cost you a couple hundred. If the shoes you have matched with your suit and tie come from Walmart, you're doing it wrong.

Baconbitz

Banned
So basically you only have bum shoes?

To specify I mean one hundred. And you can buy some good shoes for 100 and under.

I'm not a sneaker person so I won't try to justify spending that much on them BUT I will say that a decent pair of men's dress shoes is probably going to cost you a couple hundred. If the shoes you have matched with your suit and tie come from Walmart, you're doing it wrong.

Well, if you think you need to pay "a couple hundred" on some dress shoes you are definitely doing it wrong.

Acrylic7

FFVII art by Amano
My 2nd one of these, cost less than the 1st one.

hKjctl.jpg

Something obscure, FFVII jacket, I believe it was given to the team who ported the game to PC (Smells pretty bad all these years >.>)

lVJl4l.jpg

fG3sBl.jpg

I am Fucking Jealous
Please tell me how you got that jacket. and how much.

How much did you pay? I dont understand people that pay more then 100 dollars for a shoe.

Ehm, disregarding spending that on sneakers since I'm not really into that, have you never bought real men's shoes? They're guaranteed to be over 100. You can buy, and I do, cheaper shoes and that's totally fine, but they're going to get wrecked after several years. If you get red wing boots or something, them fuckers will last forever.

As for me, went shopping today. Found those jeans for 60% off which I thought was pretty good. The rest of it made up for the savings though :|

002.jpg

Baconbitz

Banned
Ehm, disregarding spending that on sneakers since I'm not really into that, have you never bought real men's shoes? They're guaranteed to be over 100. You can buy, and I do, cheaper shoes and that's totally fine, but they're going to get wrecked after several years. If you get red wing boots or something, them fuckers will last forever.

As for me, went shopping today. Found those jeans for 60% off which I thought was pretty good. The rest of it made up for the savings though :|

002.jpg

I'm ok with that. It's not like I'm gonna go broke because every few years I'm gonna have to buy news one. So what they don't last me forever.

Machine

Well, if you think you need to pay "a couple hundred" on some dress shoes you are definitely doing it wrong.

Try some Mephistos some time. Most range from $250 to $500. Most comfortable shoe you will ever wear and will last your entire life. Expensive but well worth the money. The more you pay, the better the quality. As was said, there are cheaper shoes that are ok but they won't last as long or hold up as well.

Alucrid

Banned
To specify I mean one hundred. And you can buy some good shoes for 100 and under.

Good shoes can last years and most certainly cost more than one hundred. That said I'm not a fan on the whole Nike Air shoe collect-a-thon. Also, OP, read it.

http://s15.postimage.org/tcpnjpjgr/002.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Enjoy the boob on the patch. People would ask me about it when I worn them :lol

dreamfall

How much did you pay? I dont understand people that pay more then 100 dollars for a shoe.

I don't usually mention how much they go for. But they were expensive. Urban footwear is a culture though, and like Gaming culture, some don't appreciate it and respect it. I love enjoying everyone's pick ups- apparel, games, nostalgia consoles, everything. I don't understand why others are so antagonistic concerning specific pick ups. We're proud of what we're posting here, proud to be part of the GAF community, and I love sharing (even though the wallet is crying)!

Feb pick ups, all day one just to lazy to post them every day lol

Tag for the puppy I got a while back
869a6712.jpg

df214186.jpg

162ba174.jpg

39b4db29.jpg

b95b56fd.jpg

yes that is a 2nd copy of UMVC3, returned the original because of a buy 2 get 1 deal
f6ebc428.jpg

a9734c6e.jpg

a1f7761c.jpg

12e01a83.jpg

79f4e860.jpg

ac47cd44.jpg

627b6d90.jpg

750gb HDD upgrade for PS3's current 320GB
1a24de43.jpg

6f628fc3.jpg

5386f3ac.jpg

Baconbitz

Banned
I don't usually mention how much they go for. But they were expensive. Urban footwear is a culture though, and like Gaming culture, some don't appreciate it and respect it. I love enjoying everyone's pick ups- apparel, games, nostalgia consoles, everything. I don't understand why others are so antagonistic concerning specific pick ups. We're proud of what we're posting here, proud to be part of the GAF community, and I love sharing (even though the wallet is crying)!

I like cool looking shoes but I'm not gonna go out and pay that much only to scuff 'em up and never wear them again. I'm not critisizing your decision to do so. I'm not stopping you from buying them. I'm just not understanding why someone would pay that much.

Shadow780

Wow that is insane, I would kill for that FF6 print. Do you live in Japan, and thus have access to Yahoo.jp auctions? Or a hook up?

Rinkya or Shoppingmalljapan, take your pick. They act as middle man to bid/buy on YAJ.

Prepare to pay a hefty premium though, I would suggest to only bid on the items that's not available on import store sites.

The one on the left looks really cool, from where did you buy that one?

I got it from J2 Clothing. Brand is Jack & Jones Premium collection. I'd try and find it on their website, but the Jack & Jones site is terrible (trying to be all arty and fancy). The 2 shirts are J&J as well.

Enjoy the boob on the patch. People would ask me about it when I worn them :lol

Yeah, should be a good conversation starter. It seems fairly difficult to see though. Quite darkly colored.

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Not that people are necessarily being insulting, but don't criticize other people's pickups.

Feb pick ups, all day one just to lazy to post them every day lol

Tag for the puppy I got a while back
869a6712.jpg
Where did you get this? Most dog tags are tacky, but i'm digging this one.

EDIT: I googled "pet tag works" because of the "works" logo and miraculously found it. Going to try and pick one up tomorrow at Petsmart for my pup.

SLV

Todays pick-up !

Ku4Ib.jpg

Never ever again am i buying from Zavvi, because they ship from some fucked up island/place i had to pay tax/toll for the first time for something that is shipped/bought from within the EU. The tax made up 30 %, of the value of the shipped game >.<

SLV

I've never really played one of the Yakuza games, I was reading opinions and people say Yakuza 3 is one of the best PS3 games available... what do you think?

Hmm, i haven't really played Yakuza 3, but judging by the Reminiscing of Yakuza 3 that is included in Yakuza 4, it seams alright.

Where did you get this? Most dog tags are tacky, but i'm digging this one.

EDIT: I googled "pet tag works" because of the "works" logo and miraculously found it. Going to try and pick one up tomorrow at Petsmart for my pup.

Yeah I looked for a tag for a while all the ones I saw I didnt like but this one I did so grabbed it.

Buttons

laststorypickup0vjnz.jpg

Am 5 hours into the game and am enjoying it. Very interesting battle system and the music is enjoyable as well. Definitely no Xenoblade but still an enjoyable game. Glad I picked it up. ^__^

Top Bottom