• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Kagami

Bought an eyemask to help me sleep during the day when working nights.

i9kw9.jpg

AllGamer

metalformerlastpendables.jpg

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection LE

Transformers 3 3D Steelbook Blu-Ray

Expendables DC Steelbook Blu-Ray

Last Story LE

Super Blu-Ray also arrived but it's not in the picture.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I've never really played one of the Yakuza games, I was reading opinions and people say Yakuza 3 is one of the best PS3 games available... what do you think?

yes buy Yakuza 3, avoid Yakuza 4 at all costs it's really bad , Yakuza 3 is way better and it's easier to start the series with.

bob page

Well, if you think you need to pay "a couple hundred" on some dress shoes you are definitely doing it wrong.

Actually, it sounds like you're definitely doing it wrong. Dress shoes like AE and EG last for years and years and are supposed to be an investment. It's the smart way to do it. Plus, you won't end up looking like shit.

Especially if you work in a professional environment, it's definitely in your favor to *not* half-ass your shoes.

Amagon

VcauHl.jpg

Just picked this up from Gamestop due to that reduced it to $40. I had some credits so I ended up paying about $20 which is a awesome deal! Been waiting to get this for a while now too!!!

Sorry for the shitty picture quality, Droid phone I'm using.

oblo

Got a Vita, no games yet, will get Super Stardust as soon as pre-order code e-mail comes through... So yeah, I just made the menu a little more to my liking...

UZ8mb.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
yes buy Yakuza 3, avoid Yakuza 4 at all costs it's really bad , Yakuza 3 is way better and it's easier to start the series with.

What.

This is so, so, so wrong.

Okay, well only partially wrong. It's definitely a better place to start the series... but keep in mind that it starts pretty slowly. Yakuza 4 is overall the better game by a fucking mile, though, and I say that as someone who really loved Yakuza 3. 4 is easily one of the best games I've played this gen. It's basically a much more polished version of 3, with some of the coolest characters in the entire series.

Gawd, now I really wanna go play that game again.

Deefuzz

What.

Okay, well only partially wrong. It's definitely a better place to start the series... but keep in mind that it starts pretty slowly. Yakuza 4 is overall the better game by a fucking mile, though, and I say that as someone who really loved Yakuza 3. 4 is easily one of the best games I've played this gen. It's basically a much more polished version of 3, with some of the coolest characters in the entire series.

All this Yakuza talk really makes me want to skip ahead on my backlog and get started on playing through 3 and 4.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
All this Yakuza talk really makes me want to skip ahead on my backlog and get started on playing through 3 and 4.

You really should. The games are never immediately impressive. The combat takes a bit to get into, and there's a lotta movie-watching, especially early-on. But man... those games draw you in like nothing else can. Yakuza is without a doubt the best thing that Sega has going for it right now.

or it was, until they announced Jet Set Goddamn Radio for PC.

uh... but yeah, it's pretty kewl. Shame Dead Souls is such a pile of shit.

Saroyan

Some more stuff arrived in the last couple days

Some Cave goodness, and my copy of Wipeout that I got on the Amazon B2G1 that was back ordered.

And a super sweet new Qanba Q4RAF, seems to be really nicely made and the cool box is a nice touch. I haven't used it yet, just opened the box when I got home and snapped a pic.

iZhqp4WBZOo42.jpg

The best way to quench my desire to pick up a vita is with a ds ass ds game.

And a reminder that SE can still get shit down... Now if I can somehow migrate my save from my lost game from years back =(

good month...fredrik computer desk from ikea, a vita, the pull n go portfolio, 3 vita games, original penguin shaving bag (peep the avi), akai MPK 61 keyboard, krk rokit 6 studio monitors, and a macbook pro. everything else there is old
2012-02-29_18-44-40_871.jpg
2012-02-29_18-23-10_99.jpg
2012-02-29_18-43-59_528.jpg

2012-02-29_18-43-36_513.jpg
2012-02-29_18-21-29_552.jpg
2012-02-29_18-53-25_252.jpg

pax217

What.

Alright, I'll start on Yakuza 3 and then move onto 4 assuming I enjoy 3... thanks guys.

Much appreciated! People were definitely getting jacked around my way; it's all about that connect out in New York. I had mad trouble acquiring them, but very happy to add them to the collection. Is there a kickhead GAF?

Nah, there's no Kicks Gaf thread that I can think of. And I'm sure most won't get it so why bother...

Haha, nice pickups! Consider Brave Fencer Musashi in the future.
I'll keep that in mind. I never played it before

How much did that come to if you don't mind me asking? Also where, eBay?
Combination of Ebay and Kijiji(it's like Craigslist)

-I got Chrono Cross for a little under 35 including shipping.
-I bought FF7 for 20 on Kijiji
-I bought FF9 & FF8 together for 25 from a Kijiji seller. Although I already owned FF9 before this purchase though so I gave the extra copy to a friend of mine who has unfortunately missed the opportunity to play my favorite PS1 rpg.

Total came to 80ish then I guess.

Not to be a negative nancy, but why not go digital? (I'm assuming you paid a lot for this on ebay or somewhere)

No offense taken. I love buying games digitally as well(my xbla library is bigger than my steam and 360 physical library combined) but my PS3 is hooked up to my hdtv which makes the games look a bit like smeered turd when scaled up. I'd rather emulate it if I was going to play on an HDTV.

Also, I like having physical copies when I can find/afford them. And to me price is fairly irrelevant to a point for a great gaming experience.

395458_10150632308724043_507034042_8878503_1337446235_n.jpg

After calling customer service at UPS(they either delivered my game to the wrong house or something or another and put "delivered on porch" status when it wasn't here) I finally got my copy of SSX(Amazon release date delivery plus $10 credit) yesterday.

UPS has been slipping in terms of quality lately. Wish more online carriers did Fedex or something.

Gila

Combination of Ebay and Kijiji(it's like Craigslist)

-I got Chrono Cross for a little under 35 including shipping.
-I bought FF7 for 20 on Kijiji
-I bought FF9 & FF8 together for 25 from a Kijiji seller. Although I already owned FF9 before this purchase though so I gave the extra copy to a friend of mine who has unfortunately missed the opportunity to play my favorite PS1 rpg.

That is pure luck to get the FF black labels for less than $30

well done!

pax217

After calling customer service at UPS(they either delivered my game to the wrong house or something or another and put "delivered on porch" status when it wasn't here) I finally got my copy of SSX(Amazon release date delivery plus $10 credit) yesterday.

UPS has been slipping in terms of quality lately. Wish more online carriers did Fedex or something.

They did the same exact thing to me early last week with a bunch of car parts here in Seattle.

Top Bottom