• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Forge & Custom Game sharing topic & FAQ

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
FORGE question...

i've spent literally hours building a custom game type (infection based) and map for high ground. problem is, the gate is wide open by default when i start the custom match despite being shut by default in forge. PLEASE tell me there is a way to change the map in customs to have the gate be shut, or else my game mode seriously will suck :(

Sho Nuff

Banned
OK, I'm TOTALLY confused here.

How do I establish conditions specific to one team? I'm trying to make a "Red Rover" map where team A (with gimpy armor/weapons) has to get past team B (awesome armor/weapons) to capture a point.

Or can I not create uneven teams?

Also, can I create respawn points specific to one team? (For territories, VIP, etc)

Penguin

Sho Nuff said:

How do I establish conditions specific to one team? I'm trying to make a "Red Rover" map where team A (with gimpy armor/weapons) has to get past team B (awesome armor/weapons) to capture a point.

Also, can I create respawn points specific to one team? (For territories, VIP, etc)

I can help you with latter, I think.
I believe once you lay a respawn point down you can click on it w/ X again and it allows you to make it neutral, defenders, attackers, 3rd team... etc

traveler

Not Wario
Sho Nuff said:

You can do the latter by pressing X on the respawn point to modify its owners, but no can do on the first. You could do it, artifically, by spawning various stuff near the side you want to be stronger.

besada

Banned
Two maps, both utilizing perpetual explosions as strategic obstacles.

The first is on Valhalla, with three constantly exploding hotspots:

Fireworks

The second is on the Narrows, and has a timed explosive corridor on the bottom level of the bridge. You can get through it, but your timing has to be nearly perfect. This map also contains some teleport redirects for mancannon whores:

Fireworks 2

Thermite

Dec's Snowbound

- This my map variant of Snowbound. The main problem(s) I, and others, have with Snowbound is, is there's constantly someone either A) whoring the Sniper Rifle and/or B) Camping either in their base or underground. What I tried to do is eliminate both as much as possible. Now I'm not saying it's not entirely possible to whore a Sniper Rifle and/or Camp, but I don't recommend camping for a lengthy period of time.

- The weapons are completely changed up. Here's the choice of weapons I decided to go with for this map: Spartan Lasers, Rocket Launchers, Assault Rifles, Battle Rifles, Carbines, 1 Sniper Rifle, 1 Beam Rifle, Brute Shots, Gravity Hammers, Energy Swords, Machine Gun Turrets, Spikers, Plasma Rifles, SMGs, and Fuel Rod Guns. (I think that's all of them. :p)

- There's plenty of equipment inside both bases to help combat against the vehicles and other players.

- There are now more vehicles than ever. I decided to add two Ghosts, two Choppers, and one Prowler.

- I recommend playing with the most players possible on this map variant. I intended it to played with at least 8 people.

Dec's Slayer

- Nothing too fancy here. I altered the starting weapons so you spawn with an Assault Rifle and a Battle Rifle. I made it so your grenades slowly regenerate just in case your in the middle of a map and need to take down a vehicle, a Rocket Launcher wielder, or whatever.

- If you decide to download "Dec's Snowbound", be sure to download this to go along with it!

---------------------------
You can download both the map and gameplay variant at this link: http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=Decamus

I would love to hear feedback, both good and bad, on this. :)

Ok, I think Forge is kind of buggy. I've placed a single spawn point for a third team (i.e. me in green) while there were two other teams present consisting out of at least two people (red and blue). I haven't touched the other default spawn points in Valhalla but no matter what I do, I won't spawn in my "own" spawn point I've assigned on the map. Anyone have an idea what I should do to make mine actually work?

professor's house!

How about this? A 1 hill King Of The Hill variant on a carefully balanced and devious SandTrap forge map. I think it's pretty sweet.

Witness the madness of the Professor's dangerous experiments gone awry! Try and capture his house to win untold riches, fortune and glory!

Then explode.

Download them from my fileshare here.

map name: Professor House
game name: Professor House
game type: 1 hill King Of The Hill variant, 4-8 players free for all.

Hope you enjoy it & feel free to improve it.

Brought to you by me, blazinglazers aka friggles.

Striker

Finished putting my spawns down on my map, Derailed, so hopefully they work correctly and the map is final. I only was able to try it out by myself, so there wasn't two teams. The map's base idea is CTF or Assault, but Slayer can always be played. Here's my FILE share for any downloads and the pictures are below.

Red Base
18440316-Medium.jpg

Blue Base
18440556-Medium.jpg

Center
18442754-Medium.jpg

Far end near Sniper
18440934-Medium.jpg

Mongoose area
18440877-Medium.jpg

Top Bottom