• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF gets a Prophet: Rumors about the E3 Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

*sigh* These guys come out of the woodwork every E3 it seems. And they love targeting Nintendo fans in particular. This has so many traits of being a hoax, it's just annoying.

Let's see: The safe bets, the couple unlikely predictions (Star Tropics, Wart) to raise hopes, the "specific" vague info (Mario will be grand - who'd of thunk it?), the maybes and base covering when the predictions inevitably fail to materialize, and finally the attention-loving rush to respond to people. Gimme a break. If you are gonna hoax, come up with some better material.

...plus we all know Mario Kart is gonna be vs. Sonic. ;)

Man I know the feeling. It's one of the reasons why I rarely pay attention to rumors from anywhere for any of the big three. Just this once though and only because of the StarTropics mention, I want it to be true. If not, poster needs to be raked over the coals while I have front row seats.

vareon

The guy got balls though, saying that mods should contact him if they have any concerns or questions like that.

I suppose that gave him a bit more air of credibility? Hmmmm.

There's nothing to be risked, actually. What's the worst that can happen? Just getting banned?

I don't believe the new Mario Kart is "literally" a souped up Mario Kart 7. They wouldn't even port/enhance Mario Kart Arcade as a brand new title, but they're going to use a port of a 3DS title to showcase a Wii U relaunch?

They've never done that with Mario Kart, and the Mario Kart team had plenty of time to make new courses and mechanics. That's more unbelievable to me than StarTropics. If there was any credibility at all (which there's probably not), maybe a leaker saw some Mario Kart 7 courses in the Retro Cup.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
*sigh* These guys come out of the woodwork every E3 it seems. And they love targeting Nintendo fans in particular. This has so many traits of being a hoax, it's just annoying.

Let's see: The safe bets, the couple unlikely predictions (Star Tropics, Wart) to raise hopes, the "specific" vague info (Mario will be grand - who'd of thunk it?), the maybes and base covering when the predictions inevitably fail to materialize, and finally the attention-loving rush to respond to people. Gimme a break. If you are gonna hoax, come up with some better material.

...plus we all know Mario Kart is gonna be vs. Sonic. ;)

This guy is equal opportunity. He apparently posted some PS4 predictions, and he sat on some juicy Xbox rumours.

The thing about star tropics is I have no idea how they could reboot it to fit the modern era.
I've always found it to be fairly generic in gameplay.

Barakov

Startropics was really rad back in the day. I can't even begin to imagine what a modern day one would look like.

EDIT: If that prophet is wrong, he deserves what's coming to him.

neoemonk

Side note, was Startropics 2 good? I enjoyed the first one but I had already moved on from my NES by the time it came out.

I'm just going off his post history. Seems like he posted some wrong rumours about the PS4, then mentioned he held off on posting some xbox one rumours for fear of banning.
That sounds like the signs that he's full of it to me.

I mean honestly, who would be excited for Retro's game if that's what it is?

This guy is equal opportunity. He apparently posted some PS4 predictions, and he sat on some juicy Xbox rumours.

Haha, of course! He doesn't have info about just one specific dev. He knows all! The whole Smash Bros roster!

He's spreading his net so wide in hopes he hits on something accurate out of sheer odds. Kind of like a cold reader. Then, some poor gullible lad will be like "He did call that one..." when he tries again next year.

Regarding Smash Bros...in the trailer, with the silhouette stuff, the camera is flying down an open space with the characters standing on the sides. There's a LOT if characters this time. Samurai had said he didn't want as many but they decided to go all out this time for the fans. They're wanting to do a Dojo type thing again since the last time was received very well.
Considering that it contradict Sakurai saying he wants to avoid going overboard with characters (and blatantly so), I'd say this is the end for him.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
There's nothing to be risked, actually. What's the worst that can happen? Just getting banned?

Well, I guess, when you put it that way.

But I don't know, it does seem bold for him to actually say that mods can just ask him directly if they have questions/concerns.

vulva

Man I know the feeling. It's one of the reasons why I rarely pay attention to rumors from anywhere for any of the big three. Just this once though and only because of the StarTropics mention, I want it to be true. If not, poster needs to be raked over the coals while I have front row seats.

If ST actually comes out, i'm taking credit. I've always said that a new game in that franchise would get me to buy a console.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Haha, of course! He doesn't have info about just one specific dev. He knows all! The whole Smash Bros roster!

He's spreading his net so wide in hopes he hits on something accurate out of sheer odds. Kind of like a cold reader. Then, some poor gullible lad will be like "He did call that one..." when he tries again next year.

Exactly.

He already prefaced his post with "these could change at any time". The Mario Kart one is vague enough, and plausible enough that he could try and claim he got it right, and explain the rest away that Nintendo changed their mind. Although the Retro one would be pretty hard to explain if he's not right.

I would. Star Tropics was a cool game (though it hasn't held up over the years as well as some of Nintendo's other NES titles). The setting is cool, so if they revamped the game play it could be something very very special.

But again, Kid Icarus is a much more likely candidate to hit the Wii U.

Sulik2

The games themselves sound promising especially that Mario game, but the fact that most of these games are so far out is stunning to me. If they wanted to have a chance they needed Smash Bros, Mario and Zelda this fall. They are gonna get buried under a load of XB1 and PS4 hype that they are gonna have a really hard time digging out of if they don't have the games to sell a few systems this fall.

Any speculation on what the big oh that makes sense thing is? 3DS and Wii U bundle? Use the 3DS as a gamepad for the Wii U? 3DS redesign with a second analog?

Azure J

Side note, was Startropics 2 good? I enjoyed the first one but I had already moved on from my NES by the time it came out.

It's widely regarded as "not as good" at best, inferior to the first at worst, but I'd still say to play it after the first just to see where they were attempting to go with its game design or couldn't because of NES limitations.

rpmurphy

Ah so it's finally that time of year again.

OzMyOWol.jpg

Pic related, it's bh7812.

Ezalc

Whatever ends up happening, it'll at least (I hope anyway) be interesting. Looking forward to another E3 with GAF. Can't wait for the gifs.

what's the logic in banning him? Isn't it kind of our fault for taking him seriously? For all we knew he was just speculating with an enormous amount of confidence. Banning him for speculation? THIS IS THE INTERNET for god's sake lol and a site made for speculation/opinions.

as i stated earlier
"could be right or could be wrong. in the end we will have no one to blame but ourselves but will probably blame the rumor starter just to make ourselves feel better for being dumb."

Lol, I would flip out if Retro did StarTropics because I'm one of its biggest fans, but no fucking way. If it did happen, Wii U would be instantly redeemed in my book though, it's that one game for me that would do that.

Darryl

Banned
what's the logic in banning him? Isn't it kind of our fault for taking him seriously? For all we knew he was just speculating with an enormous amount of confidence. Banning him for speculation? THIS IS THE INTERNET for god's sake lol and a site made for speculation/opinions.

as i stated earlier
"could be right or could be wrong. in the end we will have no one to blame but ourselves but will probably blame the rumor starter just to make ourselves feel better for being dumb."

who is taking him seriously

Gabeking

Well if that's the case I guess I might as well post this if he can't decide whether he's guessing or 'leaking' this stuff:

Is that from a PM from that bh guy? This is what I got from him lmaoooo

No problem! I don't mind answering the questions when it's from people like you who would rather be civil instead of put others down. I have a mid in my butt over this now too urghhhh but ill deal with your PM first. :)

The full title if the game is Super Smash Bros Riot. They were just gonna go with U but wanted to keep with tradition...Melee, Brawl, that kinda thing.

The newest characters on the roster, at least ones that would get people excited and ones they'd recognize.,.Mega Man, Little Mac, Doc Louis, and Mike Jones. The DBZ characters rumor is false.

I expected people to be very skeptical of all this, I would be too. I'd say 90 percent of rumors out there are pure bunk. Every once in a great while you'll get something legitimate...now I have to explain to Stump of all mods where all this is coming from. Hoooo boy I wish it were any other mid but him. If you've got any more questions about what I posted feel free to ask!

as i stated earlier

Originally, he wasnt speculating. He even ended by saying he could spoil all of nintendos e3, but he'd rather leave us with surprises.

trixx

why make an entire thread on this. Not good for anyone at all regardless if it's real or fake, too much attention is given.
I'm thinking it's legit lol(i know im crazy like that)

Huff

Banned
Outside of naming retro's game, all the other stuff is vague and something I or anyone else could reasonably suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom