• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Chesskid1 said:
ladies and gentlemen, we have a phony. he did not buy these systems, he just stole the pics, and the stories were probably made up.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=377435&postcount=522

lol alrighty then. hopefully mods ban him cause he's a douche member. crazy how i noticed this, i have a very good memory :)

the real mystery... his motivation?

Dude - shaolin242 is my email address and my log in on assembler gamers - you want proof? check the post again - http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32470&page=2

Before you call me out and ask me to be banned - why dont you check your information first?

I stole these pics did i? you idiot.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
MYE said:
CAkII.jpg

Snes and Starfox arrived today :)

Never knew the PAL SNES was shaped like a S. Famicom! God damn NoA sucks.

bought another guitar, can't help myself....this time

it's a John Suhr Pro Classic Strat

k4fjfo.jpg

One of the nicest, best playing guitars I ever laid my hands on, I definitely am a fan of his work now

really happy with this guitar (as well as the Les Paul I bought last week :)

CrankyJay

Banned
But isn't that post with those pictures from 2009? So yah, maybe they are your pictures but it seems you picked those up in 9/2009 and not July 2011.

ive never been on here before and my account got validated after 1 year so i wanted to post stuff. How is that wrong? this guy called names, asked me to be banned - i think this proves this is my stuff...

CrankyJay

Banned
Phat Michael said:
ive never been on here before and my account got validated after 1 year so i wanted to post stuff. How is that wrong? this guy called names, asked me to be banned - i think this proves this is my stuff...

Well, the point of this thread (I think) is to show off stuff you got in July 2011. But whatever.

angelfly

The pictures are from 2009 and you state yourself that you recently picked them up. Posting year old pickups in a 2011 pick up thread is the only thing I take issue with. There are threads for showing off your gaming setup.

shamanick

BotoxAgent said:
bought another guitar, can't help myself....this time

it's a John Suhr Pro Classic Strat

http://i54.tinypic.com/k4fjfo.jpg

One of the nicest, best playing guitars I ever laid my hands on, I definitely am a fan of his work now

really happy with this guitar (as well as the Les Paul I bought last week :)

This makes me INSANELY jealous. I love Suhrs so much, but I can't afford one. Enjoy it!

Heysoos

Talk about making a mountain out of a ant hill guys. He just recently got validated, so he posts it in a pick up thread. Done. Let it go. Do you have an issue with people that repost stuff they picked up the previous month the first couple of posts? No? Then let it go. Jesus Christ.

CrankyJay said:
Well, the point of this thread (I think) is to show off stuff you got in July 2011. But whatever.

dude i wasnt trying to cause shit. My account wasnt activated back then - so i posted - really dont see why its a big deal. this guy is trying to cause shit saying im fake and i dont own this stuff - shouldnt your issue be with him and not me?

Its not really my gaming setup - just showing cool things i bought, since i wasnt around back then i thought id post them now...i dont see why ppl are getting anal about it. its just video game stuff i got that is cool, if i was around then id have posted it.

Heysoos said:
Talk about making a mountain out of a ant hill guys. He just recently got validated, so he posts it in a pick up thread. Done. Let it go. Do you have an issue with people that repost stuff they picked up the previous month the first couple of posts? No? Then let it go. Jesus Christ.

cheers man lets squash it. this is exactly what i meant. its no big deal i got good stuff and wanted to show you. cheers for understanding and not jumping down my throat for no reason :)

CrankyJay

Banned
Phat Michael said:
dude i wasnt trying to cause shit. My account wasnt activated back then - so i posted - really dont see why its a big deal. this guy is trying to cause shit saying im fake and i dont own this stuff - shouldnt your issue be with him and not me?

Its not really my gaming setup - just showing cool things i bought, since i wasnt around back then i thought id post them now...i dont see why ppl are getting anal about it. its just video game stuff i got that is cool, if i was around then id have posted it.

I don't have an issue with you. Just explaining stuff around here. He probably thought you were a faker because of the date on your post from 2 years ago. I think that's understandable.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
CrankyJay said:
I don't have an issue with you. Just explaining stuff around here. He probably thought you were a faker because of the date on your post from 2 years ago. I think that's understandable.
So understandable that he clamors for an execution. Instead he should've simply stated it and provided a URL to the supposed evidence. No need to carry on like a dog in heat.

CrankyJay

Banned
speedpop said:
So understandable that he clamors for an execution. Instead he should've simply stated it and provided a URL to the supposed evidence. No need to carry on like a dog in heat.

Understandable that he would think it's fake. I'm not defending his call for a ban.

Timan

Developer
New Toy,

First bought the Xoom, was one of the worst gadget purchases this years. Then Touchpad, so far so good. Prettiest UI, amazing. But, its extremely slow, took like 3min to first boot up. I thought it froze almost.

20110705-IMG_8251.jpg

thats a nice tab man - how is it compared to the ipad etc. im looking for a tablet and am tossing that one up or the Samsung 10.1 one...what are your impressions?

Solemn Nomad said:
I've been thinking about importing some Japanese beverages recently. Do you mind if I ask where you ordered them from?
Used to get mine from amazon, until I discovered Costco carries the Ito En green tea.

iNvid02

MechDX said:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/IMG_9049.jpg

Finally all my CoD dreams will come true! Damn store was out of Semtex though. :(

[spoiler]they are dummies[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

your computer needs cleaning ;p

I typically don't post my beer pick ups here, but I figured you guys would get a kick out of this one.

aeb585.jpg

HUB Galactic Imperial Red Ale
9.5% ABV 100 IBUs

Chesskid1

Banned
sorry, i jumped to a conclusion that was too extreme. i just thought since the pic was posted 2 years ago it would be long forgotten, but i guess not :p

My first pick-up post! Sorry about the bad quality pics. I should really get a better phone soon.

Technically from last month, but thought I'd include it...

QYKFn.jpg

Picked up Mercenaries right before Canada Day. Pleasantly surprised.

lHFG9.jpg

...and picked up EDF today! Great game.

ZKN5Q.jpg

icespide

Banned
Timan said:
New Toy,

First bought the Xoom, was one of the worst gadget purchases this years. Then Touchpad, so far so good. Prettiest UI, amazing. But, its extremely slow, took like 3min to first boot up. I thought it froze almost.

damn that looks really nice. I really hope the TouchPad sells well enough that we get a sweet 2nd gen. it really is the first iPad competitor I've seen that seems to stand a chance

Brandon F said:
Never knew the PAL SNES was shaped like a S. Famicom! God damn NoA sucks.
The NoA SNES is the best SNES out there. Just remove 2 plastic pins and you got yourself a US/Japan compatible SNES.

11sgrus.jpg

Got the movies for free from Tartan since the Oldboy disc in the Vengence Trilogy wasn't 7.1 as labeled. They sent me the original version on Blu-Ray, which is 7.1, and a couple of DVDs (of my choice) to boot! Would have been nice to get the 2-disc unrated version of A Tale of Two Sisters, but if I like it enough I just might buy it... when it comes out on Blu-Ray. Also finally got a new pair of glasses (fucked up the other pair recently). It's been years since I've bought a new pair. Got grey transition lenses on them (haven't had transition lenses since grade school!), but I wish I would have paid the extra $70-80 for thinner lenses... these things are fucking thick! Ohh well, next time...

Top Bottom