• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

purg3

slept with Malkin
bgLPO.jpg

Beats

05o3W.jpg

Took off the sticker on the Evangelion case, and it removed a bit of the orange. :\

Bonus disc with Metroid Prime is Metroid Prime 2 demo.

Yes Boss!

Phat Michael said:
Got some of these recently.

zn1s1k.jpg

25u093p.jpg

new sticks
200164_10150132186304512_516899511_6446236_1168637_n.jpg

also got a NEO GEO AES, pocketstations, Mega CDX, Sega Kids Gear and a few other things i forget.

i also got 5 of these (2 not pictured)

n516899511_1358000_3192074.jpg
Christ. Consider me JELOUS.

Wish I still lived in the Middle East!

deim0s

Gvaz said:
Is that book any good? The first book was terrible.

Well, if you didn't like ADB's Soul Hunter, you probably won't like this as well.

I liked his writing and the Night Lords in particular, so it's a no brainer for me to buy this. :p

Keen said:
6 years of waiting, done!

2Bu9Dl.jpg

WTF>!? you lucky bastard.

Ok, this is going to be my biggest pick-up post. So Im going to put thumbs and divided in two post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

First my new glasses and also new mouse, an awesome logitech G9X (my old mouse is in the top)
06Cfv.jpg
NxfMR.jpg

And the big thing, The Witcher 2 Special Edition. Best special I have and also best I have seen of any game. I love it.
NqWo6.jpg

Click thubnails to see them bigger.

And now the other big thing, went to Los Angeles (Im from spain) in a graduation from college trip. It was incridibly awesome, people, the places we visited, truly amazing. We stayed at a hotel in Anaheim, 15 minutes walk from Disneyland. Im a major themepark and disney geek (want to be an imagineer in the future) so being there was like a dream come true. Manly tears when I entered the park (I kid you not). The place is just incredible, even more that what I thought it was going to be (theming, rides, shows, cast members...). And so I bought a lot of presents (for me, and family and friends, too bad some of them got their presents before I could snap some photos) from Los Angeles and Disneyland.

Again going to put thumbs so it doesnt get too big.
This is the stuff (by photo order) I bought:
-Maps and badges (all of these were free, not the fridge magnet though). The badges were awesome becuase the cast member congratulated us when we were on rides and enterd buildings, or bought things in shops, it was awesome)
-Disneyland Resort OST (dat California Screamin' and Soarin over California themes), and Disneyland resort mouse pad and postals (i love the drawing)
-The most incredible figure I have, inspired by the work of Disney illustrator Charles Boyer. It has so much detail it feels amazing.
-A 1 meter large Disneyland map, based on the old map but having all the new rides. Im going to frame this baby and put it in my room.
-Best Plush Ever! Steamboat Willie Mickey, its adorable. And also the famous mouseketeer ears from Disneyland!
-Bought this Pixar Treasures book at the animation building in Disney's California Adventure. As a animation college student that building was amazing, and the Pixar book is wonderfull, and full of stuff.
-This are for my parents, a vintage coffer machine with coffes of swell flavours. The retro mickey and pals drawings are amazing.
-A retro Mickey mug for me. And one of the photos I did of California Screamin' as my PC wallapaper.
-And also T-shirts for me. Incredible Mickey, Goofy and Donald in the Tower of Terror (amazig ride). A The Incredibles logo t-shirt and a Jurassic Park the ride from Universal Studios (another amazing park).
-I bought this for the kids of a family friend, and awesome Little Prince Pop up version. Being in english will help them to learn it. Its from Los Angeles Public Library shop.

QiphU.jpg

I also bought this beauty from japan, bought at an internet shop, was stopped at customs in madrid and my uncle had to get it for me, when I arrived Spain from Los Angeles I went to my uncles house to get it.
Amazing Saeko figure from HighSchool of the Dead, you cant change the swords, arms and top or appron (yeah you could also put it nude). I would like one with the school uniform when she wears boots, tights and the protective things, but this one is also awesome.
VDjdF.jpg

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Ok, this is going to be my biggest pick-up post. So Im going to put thumbs and divided in two post. Sorry for the inconvenience.
wbEhQ.jpg

What will you do with the head? That's sort of why I stopped buying special editions. I don't have room for all those trinkets.

plasticpassion said:
What will you do with the head? That's sort of why I stopped buying special editions. I don't have room for all those trinkets.

Well, at this moment I have it in the box, with all the other things, but the head is really good, made also of good material and heavy, so I will probably have it at my table. I love having figures in my room, but I understand how some people dodnt like to have many things hanging around.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
kx302.jpg

i79cw1.jpg

14w3p76.jpg

Went on a candy run for the summer, should last me a few hours/days weeks, even a month or two
(2 soda bottles were on sale, trying them out)

1 Game bought from Toys R' Us:

DJ Hero 2 - $20 (Clearance Sale)

4 Games bought from BestBuy:

BulletStorm Limited Edition
- $15 ($34.99, -$20 coupon, -$15 trade in game credit, free copy ^_^)
Dragon Age II - $15 ($34.99, -$20 coupon)
Shift 2 Unleashed Limited Edition - $15 ($34.99, -$20 coupon)
BackBreaker - $10 (Clearance Sale)

2 games coming from BestBuy.com:

Not Pictured, will post when I get them

FallOut: New Vegas - $9.99
Shaun White Skateboarding - $9.99
Used $15 credit from Reward Zone, so Total = $5

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Well, at this moment I have it in the box, with all the other things, but the head is really good, made also of good material and heavy, so I will probably have it at my table. I love having figures in my room, but I understand how some people dodnt like to have many things hanging around.

I think I also felt like developers just started throwing things in to get people to spend the money on CE editions, like silly figurines. It doesn't help that I got burned by the Halo 3 helmet that sat around for a while before ending up in my attic.

If you have a dedicated room for your PC and gaming, I think it would work well. But in general with limited space it can be difficult to find room for those things.

Some more stuff from the weekend:

261689_925358926194_6312708_41538493_644166_n.jpg

The Girl Who Leapt Though Time + RideBack.

270592_925359480084_6312708_41538511_2441198_n.jpg

Mirai Figma + Kos-Mos Figma.

267559_925360408224_6312708_41538538_3420001_n.jpg

Cutie Honey Lunchbox + Special Agent Imari Figure.

263676_925361036964_6312708_41538563_3266413_n.jpg

999 + Bonus Watch.

263711_925361805424_6312708_41538598_922621_n.jpg

And a Light Up EFM shirt. :)

kurahadol

SpacePirate Ridley said:

First my new glasses and also new mouse, an awesome logitech G9X (my old mouse is in the top)
06Cfv.jpg
What kind of glasses are those? I'm in need of new frames and those are pretty damned nice.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Phat Michael said:

zn1s1k.jpg

25u093p.jpg

new sticks
200164_10150132186304512_516899511_6446236_1168637_n.jpg

also got a NEO GEO AES, pocketstations, Mega CDX, Sega Kids Gear and a few other things i forget.

My life is a waste. I salute you.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
And now the other big thing, went to Los Angeles (Im from spain) in a graduation from college trip. It was incridibly awesome, people, the places we visited, truly amazing. We stayed at a hotel in Anaheim, 15 minutes walk from Disneyland. Im a major themepark and disney geek (want to be an imagineer in the future) so being there was like a dream come true. Manly tears when I entered the park (I kid you not). The place is just incredible, even more that what I thought it was going to be (theming, rides, shows, cast members...). And so I bought a lot of presents (for me, and family and friends, too bad some of them got their presents before I could snap some photos) from Los Angeles and Disneyland.

I love hearing stories like this. Glad you had fun!

That shirt designed after The incredibles is awesome by the way. Neat pick-ups all-around.

Ezalc

Phat Michael said:
it is. i was the only non arab going in there and the arabs see old stuff as "worthless" i literally took 4 empty boxes and bought EVERYTHING i could and kept telling them how worthless this stuff was and that id take it off their hands as a "favour" when i went back to dubai i had suitcases packed full of electronics.

The other goldmine was going to the Geekay (video game store) warehouse in Dubai - they let me put post it notes on everything i wanted and they priced it and gave it to me. the good thing was they had about 8 NEO AES games there CIB and sold them to me for about $10USD each....

I'm going to need a map to this place and an estimate of how much it takes to go to Dubai.

Ezalc said:
I'm going to need a map to this place and an estimate of how much it takes to go to Dubai.

TBH i pretty much got the best stuff. prolly not worth your while now. im also jealous of people that live in the states as you guys have ebay/craigslist and loads of thrift stores and pawn shops...we just dont have that here.

THere is the odd item at obscure shops in Dubai but Kuwait has so much stuff in there..

Ezalc

Phat Michael said:
TBH i pretty much got the best stuff. prolly not worth your while now. im also jealous of people that live in the states as you guys have ebay/craigslist and loads of thrift stores and pawn shops...we just dont have that here.

THere is the odd item at obscure shops in Dubai but Kuwait has so much stuff in there..
I live in Brazil. Every sort of video game is either absurdly expensive or pirated.

MYE

Beats said:
http://i.imgur.com/05o3W.jpg[IMG]

Took off the sticker on the Evangelion case, and it removed a bit of the orange. :\

Bonus disc with Metroid Prime is Metroid Prime 2 demo.[/QUOTE]

You bought Little King's Story

Good man

Jaxter09

Phat Michael said:
I bought most of these from there. for example, they sold me a CIB Super Metroid for $10USD unopened on SNES, and the limited edition of Sakura Wars on Dreamcast with all the limited edition VMUs and soundtracks for $10.

The Atari Lynx, 32X, 3DO, CDX, Mega CD etc were around $25USD each all in box.

I would have a heart attack and die if I stumbled into a shop like that.

Lombax

Banned
Biggest pick up of the month [well for June] I started a new job!

Finished modding one of my fightsticks

New headphones: Bowers & Wilkins P5's

Yes Boss!

Got a Gorilla Suit Guy minifig. Totally awesome with little holes for his eyes to look through and a zipper on his back!

69ba7d8b.jpg

Jaxter09 said:
I would have a heart attack and die if I stumbled into a shop like that.
yeah but then you would have paid a lot more ;) basically, i had to pretend that i didnt give a shit about any of these items. it was hard to do...as soon as i got home i just played Jenga with all the boxed consoles lol.

kurahadol said:
What kind of glasses are those? I'm in need of new frames and those are pretty damned nice.

Its an emporio armani model, but i dont really know if it has a name (never thought different galsses model had a name).
I was in my optics shop (its in spain) and they showed me different glasses, and I chose this one becuase it was really similar to my old ones (also emporio armani) but more slick and grey instead of white.

EDIT: Oh, seems that the name model in the glasses frame. Its this one then:
EA 9654
Here is an online shop that sells them, but with the name you can probably find them in any optics shop were you live.
http://www.eyewearbrands.com/designer%20glasses/emporio%20armani/emporio%20armani%20ea%209654/

Chesskid1

Banned
Phat Michael said:

zn1s1k.jpg

25u093p.jpg

ladies and gentlemen, we have a phony. he did not buy these systems, he just stole the pics, and the stories were probably made up.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=377435&postcount=522

lol alrighty then. hopefully mods ban him cause he's a douche member. crazy how i noticed this, i have a very good memory :)

the real mystery... his motivation?

Phat Michael said:
yeah but then you would have paid a lot more ;) basically, i had to pretend that i didnt give a shit about any of these items. it was hard to do...as soon as i got home i just played Jenga with all the boxed consoles lol.
Hah, nice mental imagery. So jealous.

NEO0MJ

Chesskid1 said:
ladies and gentlemen, we have a phony. he did not buy these systems, he just stole the pics, and the stories were probably made up.

The plot thickens! Really interested how this goes right now.

Garryk

Chesskid1 said:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=377435&postcount=522

lol alrighty then. hopefully mods ban him cause he's a douche member. crazy how i noticed this, i have a very good memory :)

the real mystery... his motivation?

DetectiveGAF assemble! But seriously, this is like the time that dude zoomed in on Kadey's pile of receipts and called her out on the timestamps not being recent.

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
Yes Boss! said:
Got a Gorilla Suit Guy minifig. Totally awesome with little holes for his eyes to look through and a zipper on his back!

69ba7d8b.jpg

Holy shit, where did you get this? I want, slash, need this in my life.

Mithos

Replacing my old Logitech MX 1000 (flawed/broken/issues, dbl-clicks randomly when single-clicking) with: Logitech Performance Mouse MX.

hLNTS.jpg

Yes Boss!

sn0zc0r3 said:
Holy shit, where did you get this? I want, slash, need this in my life.
It was from Series 3 random packs...you randomly get one of sixteen minifigs for €2 (or $3 stateside). Sold at supermarkets. I got mine at Real, a sort of Walmart like store in germany. I reckon they sell them at places like Toys R Us. Got lucky by buying one pack and getting the best one...lots of drama with this little guy. He is sweating!

Alternately, you can probably just buy him on eBay for five bucks or so. Search "Series 3 Minifig Lego" and a few show up.

nny

Yes Boss! said:
It was from Series 3 random packs...you randomly get one of sixteen minifigs for €2 (or $3 stateside). Sold at supermarkets. I got mine at Real, a sort of Walmart like store in germany. I reckon they sell them at places like Toys R Us. Got lucky by buying one pack and getting the best one...lots of drama with this little guy. He is sweating!

Alternately, you can probably just buy him on eBay for five bucks or so. Search "Series 3 Minifig Lego" and a few show up.

You can (try to) tell which figure it is by some markings on the bag. Series 1 and 2 were easy (bar code); but the newer series are a pain: http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/miscellaneous/8803Dots.jpg

TxdoHawk

bigwinnerx said:
Trips home to PA always result in good loot.

rBeMX40

Oh yes. Love me some krimpets.

Mithos said:
Replacing my old Logitech MX 1000 (flawed/broken/issues, dbl-clicks randomly when single-clicking) with: Logitech Performance Mouse MX.

I need to replace my MX1000, but I want a cradle damnit. :(

Top Bottom