• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

The last of my pick-ups for this month since TLOU Remastered doesn't release here until the end of the week.

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Deluxe manga box set)

I fell in love with this edition as soon as I saw it on here last week and knew I must have it heh. Really beautifully made.
This has always been my favourite Miyazaki movie but after reading so much praise about the manga just recently it sounds like I'll be in for a treat when I eventually get to reading this ^^

Where did you get this, I need this Box in my Life!!!

As the title suggests, my pick-ups today.

Harrington jacket from Ben Sherman:
e16046c53709532b0ff690a12136a9fd_zps7406c962.jpg

Ray-Ban Aviators:
7c5293fe0057efc808f30081accc5b6a_zpsbf34e853.jpg

T-shirt in away colors:
6b9b46fdca618569d6fda1b1d2fcbbf3_zps4cb4da46.jpg

Comics:
6ab0351a26ddb95e8c9d653fefb53104_zps0b3a2c23.jpg

That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing pics of it presented in the way you did, the preview pics just don't do it justice.

The David Lynch box set of his movies on Bluray had a gorgeous set of postcards with it. Are there any inserts / bits / postcards in it that would look nice framed?

The only insert was the 'FIRE WALK WITH ME' note tucked away behind a hidden door at the very bottom of the case. No 'diary of Laura Palmer'...

Ovek

7Member7
Jetfire in the house!

ooXX9tv.jpg

Macross Mode Activate!

jGKaud7.jpg

O3sj5Py.jpg

All in it's a good Jetfire but as with all American/Hasbro releases the joints are far too tight and yet again stupid chrome and missing paint apps on the legs.

Ah well out come the paints... ;)

Ahmed360

FINALLY!!!!

Man its been a long wait, I was waiting for The Last of Us!! So Happy :DDD

v6wMoDP.jpg

Also, A Gameboy Pocket, for the feels and nostalgia :')
Too expensive >_<

2kHzoks.jpg

Gaming RuleZ!

Picked up a Nexus 7 earlier this month too. Loving it, though I've only been reading on it while waiting for Hearthstone to come out.

How you liking it so far?

i´m loving it. I just replaced my pc to the nexus :). I love reading on it, its just great and with Logitech Nexus 7 Keyboard its just perfect.

Sinthetic

Amazing collection. I want these as well, but the price per piece is ridiculous.

Thanks mate, the price is pretty insane as you say. Buying them one at a time helps though.

Where are you guys getting these Disney steelbooks from? Would it be easier to get from where I live right now (Hong Kong) or import to my US residence (Ohio)?

Zavvi as the fella answered earlier.

Is the difference between these and the English releases just the dub and subtitles? I got many of the English bds and was wondering what the differences were?

I think the Japanese ones are the definitive ones to own.

I had no idea this was out in 3D.

Amazing and i hope it comes out in US.

Where did you get the figurine??

Sadly this UK copy is locked to Region B. I think I got the figure from Disney Store when Ratatouille first came out!

Oculus Rift DK2

Amazing pick up man. I shall be round soon for a go on this and to watch Twin Peaks.

Some new stuff:

The Last Stand Steelbook - See more HERE.

UQPAT4l.jpg

13 Assassins Steelbook - See more HERE.

3Q84Qg6.jpg

Twin Peaks - Loads of images HERE.

lUREqhZ.jpg

Snowpiercer Steelbook (Korea) - Full gallery here.

VLSa2pw.gif

QeIRQcu.jpg

SOME-MIST

Some new stuff:

The Last Stand Steelbook - See more HERE.

Twin Peaks - Loads of images HERE.
man that last stand steelbook looks amazing. I want it even though I haven't seen it yet (but I'm a big Jee-woon fan).

I really want that twin peaks collection too but I can't justify the price tag since I already own the dvd gold box collection :/

LAA

Been a somewhat big month

Biggest thing I got this month...
I do own the OLED model and still do, but really liking Vita Slim, the screen honestly doesn't deserve the hate it got, I think it's better than OLED in some cases, not in others, but that's mostly down to opinion.
Loving it atm, so much more comfortable to use and the triggers feel a lot tighter.
I think whatever Vita model you get, you're gonna get a great device, both better and worse than the other in some ways, but I think the slim handles the best.

Games I got this month:
One Piece is something I've gotten into sorta recently so thought it was time to give the game ago, really love it on the vita so far.

The other is of course TLOU, IN MY A- No not here... ha ha.
Only guttering thing is I was expecting Day 1 edition, but no. Also a pre order code, but no either. Luckily found some on ebay for cheapish, hopefully if Gamestop send me a code like I requested (though not sure they can or will), I guess I'll sell that on ebay to make up the cost.

Eolz

Forgot about this thread.
Most notable purchase last month was this:

I just love artbooks, and this was a great deal (even if I was disappointed by the cover condition). It's pretty rare, and I got it for a good price (used obviously, as there's no new copies anymore, it's a 2001 book). Some of the illustrations inside have never been reprinted in another book since.

Top Bottom