• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

danyboypremier

Neo Member
Zelda collectible pint glasses.

I'm jealous, but my lovely girlfriend got me that yesterday.
20258360_10155595044192238_4832805988130554454_n.jpg

Stay tuned, next month I should be able to upload some pictures of my new setup!

jbueno

Picked the following while visiting my parents. Didn't plan on getting the Switch, but I managed to pick up the last unit in a GamStop that just received a shipment an hour earlier and since I don't know if the system will still be in shortage when Mario Odyssey launches, picked it up on the spot. Want to also pick Mario Kart or Splatoon 2 later on, but I'm also saving for a trip to Japan in November.

Had quite a month for Xbox pickups. I got all of these across various sales. The most I paid for any game was $20 and the best deal was Wildlands which I found at a pawn shop for $8.

My XB1S controller that came with the system wasn't charging my play-n-charge battery and was draining through AAs so I found the black controller on Amazon for $39.

Super happy with all of it and it'll last me until the X comes out.

KiraXD

So incredibly hyped to meet these two and get this poster signed at SDCC

Ryozo Tsujimoto (Producer) and Kaname Fujioka (Executive Director/Art Director)

From The Monster Hunter series!

Getting images to work on GAF via mobile has been the death of me lately, so Imgur album link: https://imgur.com/a/fFvrq

Basically, here's my haul for July:

• The Last Guardian, Persona 5, & Tales of Berseria (GameStop trade-in deal + B2G1 on pre-owned stuff is great, didn't pay a dime for those three)
  • Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  • Splatoon 2
  • Neon Red/Blue Joy-Cons (now I have a pair of red and blue ones so they can actually match now)
  • Bayonetta, Bayonetta P2, and Guardian amiibos

Finally got an AC router! This is the Lynksis WRC1900ACS.

I don't have the price tag for proof but it was half off new at Walmart, great deal imo

eRfNsWw.jpg

Got myself one of these, have been wanting one since the beginning of the year when I discovered what is was. It's T-Mobile w/ an unlimited data plan. It's certianly dated but still fun to use. I love BlackBerry even though now I primarily use an iPhone...

b5n8WSx.jpg

FFXII PS4 Remaster, it was one of my first games I got for PS2, loved it, and couldn't resist this remake. I just bought a bunch of PS4 games last month though so I haven't gotten around to playing it yet : (

hoFtheX.jpg

Big fan of ship girls lol, bought this as soon as it popped up in my recommended list on Amazon, hope its good!

Vz9xPb9.jpg

Puzzle Dragons figurine! For how much it costs, like $13, this is a really nicely detailed and modeled figurine. Really impressed here.

iblBOjr.jpg

Justinh

Got myself one of these, have been wanting one since the beginning of the year when I discovered what is was. It's T-Mobile w/ an unlimited data plan. It's certianly dated but still fun to use. I love BlackBerry even though now I primarily use an iPhone...

I love mine, although I use a SIlver Edition one. I've always really liked the Blackberry 10 OS. I find myself swiping up from the bottom of the screen on like... everything now.

I love mine, although I use a SIlver Edition one. I've always really liked the Blackberry 10 OS. I find myself swiping up from the bottom of the screen on like... everything now.

It certainly has some interesting hardware quirks that are actually pretty cool!

Plus the battery life is very long and the speakers get freaking loud! I love it! Wish they would make an updated version.

Justinh

It certainly has some interesting hardware quirks that are actually pretty cool!

Plus the battery life is very long and the speakers get freaking loud! I love it! Wish they would make an updated version.

Yeah, an updated version would be great, but I'm a weirdo who thinks they prefer Blackberry 10 and a new one would most likely just use android.

This is the one I got (quoting myself from the PUP thread last year...)
PUhvb2q.jpg

Oh yeah... new phone too. The phone on the right wasn't my last phone, but it was the last phone I had with a keyboard. I think the old one had a better keyboard, but I already find myself getting used to the newer, 3-row keyboard on the Passport. I really like that the keyboard itself acts like a touchpad, and it was weird at first, but I'm getting used to touching the "soft keys" for symbols on the bottom of the screen.
Edit like... five days later: It's a Blackberry Passport. I probably should've noted that.

Make sure you look through this Crackberry thread so you can get Google Play store on it. Kind of a lot of work, if I remember right, but worth it to me so I could get the android app for my security system on it, though.

I got them from a site called retroprotection. Seemed like a sketchy site, to be honest, but my order at least arrived pretty quickly.

I searched for them because those Turtles games manuals I bought came in them and I was like, "Oh! These are nice... things. I should get more!"

Here's the page with the selection of NES bags they sell.

Oh ok, cool. I've actually used that site before, didn't know they had sleeves for manuals.

One day I have to find a site that has sleeves or protectors for big box pc games, which are unfortunately not in a uniform size.

Justinh

One day I have to find a site that has sleeves or protectors for big box pc games, which are unfortunately not in a uniform size.
Yeah, I'm sure that's not going to be easy since, like you say, they're all different sizes.
I guess what you could do is get one of the larger box protector and fill in the gaps with styrofoam or something. I ordered a large sheet of grey foam that's the same thickness and similar to they kind of foam as the foam that comes in Saturn games from someplace called the Foam Factory (I've still yet to cut any to size, too lazy). I guess there's something they sell that could work.
Good luck!

63WUPGz.jpg

Bought this from a fellow GAF member and really happy to finally have a current gen system. I haven't really had the chance to sink my teeth into either of the games as of yet, but it blows my mind that you don't need to use the TV to play - the amount of freedom this provides is astounding and is already my favorite feature of the system. I've also gotten copies of Uncharted 4 and Steins;Gate 0 but both are still in the mail.

DJChuy

Captain America Swimshorts. Got them at the clearance section at my Hot Topic.

hMDHRzp.jpg

Civil War Lounge Pants. I thought it was nice touch to have the other Avengers on the bottom.

tlF6VzY.jpg

Ghost in The Shell 4K Steelbook and Final Fantasy XII Steelbook

ZYfHBtf.jpg

Tekken 7 w/ Steel Book. Got it at the Best Buy sale, and pretty cool of them to give the steel book out for free.

yHEpaR5.jpg

Finally for my hands on it! I'm so happy!!!! #Crying
Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.) Collector's Edition [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Limited Edition]
And I just finished watching this for the third time too.

MORE PICS HERE!

Not sure if I could post an unboxing thread in OFF-TOPIC or not but nvm then. :\

Puzzle Dragons figurine! For how much it costs, like $13, this is a really nicely detailed and modeled figurine. Really impressed here.

iblBOjr.jpg

I'm not much of a figurine person myself, but this is seriously impressive for $13. That's the kind of price that makes me think of shit tier stuff.

zdenko1

Finally for my hands on it! I'm so happy!!!! #Crying
Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.) Collector's Edition [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Limited Edition]
And I just finished watching this for the third time too.

MORE PICS HERE!

Not sure if I could post an unboxing thread in OFF-TOPIC or not but nvm then. :

That's beautiful. Where did you buy it and for how much?

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Found it on Craigslist for a "decent" price. Now I just need to find another first party controller

Baymax

Neo Member
Pick this up today, and it's a damn beast. The best router I've ever used, and getting full signal everywhere in my house. Pulled 516Mbps wireless, and 948Mbps wired. Highly recommended.

i-xzzdHcJ-L.jpg

TheFuzz

Apparently I wasn't the only one to grab one for this month:

3IzGtWN.jpg

Grabbed this for $110. Included a brand new case as well as a new display stand from Rose Colored Gaming. Beautiful little system and the perfect way to play GameBoy games.

AdamMPSP

Picked up a for parts gameboy advance and put in a backlit screen from ebay myself, it is amazing! (actually from last month though) Not pictured is the Everdrive I bought for it.

This is so cool looking. Any chance you can share the specifics of the backlit screen you bought? How hard was installation?

Justinh

Apparently I wasn't the only one to grab one for this month:

https://i.imgur.com/3IzGtWN.jpg

Grabbed this for $110. Included a brand new case as well as a new display stand from Rose Colored Gaming. Beautiful little system and the perfect way to play GameBoy games.
Grrr... you guys are really doing a great job in making me want to get myself one of these next payday lol. I think I've already decided that I'm going to spend a lot of money on NES games, though.

received db super part 1 today finally
I need to get this too...

Strike

Bye Photobucket! Good riddance.

Q7QhC3o.jpg

Got some games on sale.

DqKGe8c.jpg

Still haven't seen this and I had a couple bucks kicking around in my pocket.

tHn4szf.jpg

Pulled the trigger and but a mint launch unit off of eBay. Seller was even nice enough to refund me $10 for forgetting to pack in a stylus and sent me a new one anyway.

Overall not a bad month for pickups.

Fukuzatsu

Tried to fit everything in one picture.

zQ2zI9R.jpg

Sufficed to say, the used game market is very generous. Picked all this up for a little over 6,000 yen. The Geo store down the street was selling PS3s for less than 10,000 yen (so slightly under 100 USD), and could not be more pleased with what I found.

Tried to fit everything in one picture.

zQ2zI9R.jpg

Sufficed to say, the used game market is very generous. Picked all this up for a little over 6,000 yen. The Geo store down the street was selling PS3s for less than 10,000 yen (so slightly under 100 USD), and could not be more pleased with what I found.

Nice pick-up. There's a ton of dope titles in that photo.

I specifically really need that Nier Replicant.

-

Yeah, I'm sure that's not going to be easy since, like you say, they're all different sizes.
I guess what you could do is get one of the larger box protector and fill in the gaps with styrofoam or something. I ordered a large sheet of grey foam that's the same thickness and similar to they kind of foam as the foam that comes in Saturn games from someplace called the Foam Factory (I've still yet to cut any to size, too lazy). I guess there's something they sell that could work.
Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Might give that a try.

Top Bottom