• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Lombax

Banned
Man, looks like a massive painting... That Amaterasu!
Here is the remainder of the sleeve pardon the cell phone pics:
2012_06_11_16_49_28_893.jpg
2012_06_11_16_50_29_156.jpg
2012_06_11_16_49_41_287.jpg

8YKbb.jpg

Both off the recent sales. Bought the entire Magicka collection, enjoying it very much [up until I start getting raped because I'm playing solo].

Bii

I haven't posted in the pick-up threads for the past several weeks. So here are a few things I got between then and now.

7364158128_803d295142_b.jpg

Kid Icarus: Uprising Booster Packs. $45
Kid Icarus: Uprising Promo Packs.
Kid Icarus: Uprising PRIMA Strategy Game Guide. $10
Nintendo is making it extremely difficult to obtain these cards unless you plan to A) attend the events where these promotional booster packs are given out or B) spend a lot of money. For right now, I'm in column B. Unless someone knows a better way to obtain these cards, drop me a PM. These booster packs go for, on average, around $15 per pack. A hefty price to pay for 10 random cards. (Un)Fortunately for me, I only payed $9/pack for the five that I bought. In addition to that, I also got the GameStop promo pack, the Power of Flight card that came in one of Game Informer magazines and the Nintendo Power cards are on the way. Also grabbed the guide from Best Buy where it was on sale. I did manage to get Thursday tickets to San Diego Comic-Con this year; so I'm hoping to get a few packs from Nintendo's booth while I'm there.
Considering that I'm trying to collect all of the cards, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to get there. That damn Three Sacred Treasures card is too expensive.

7364162446_d2b0ae2e5b_b.jpg

7364162356_eb8737977b_b.jpg
7178934657_f2b44a886d_b.jpg

The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Tee. THE KING OF GAMES. Forest Green. Medium. $71
The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Tee. THE KING OF GAMES. Black. Medium. $71

Probably the most expensive tee(s) that I've bought. But when I was notified that they were only available to those who preorder, and I couldn't decide between the two colors, I grabbed both. :/

7364156730_cc4a35421c_b.jpg

2012 Volkswagen GTI. 4 door, 6-speed DSG Auto, Sunroof/Navigation.
For the past 2-3 years, I've been putting off on buying a new car. I finally buckled down and settled on one. I chose the 2012 model over waiting for the 2013 since there wasn't much of a difference between the two at the trim that I was getting it at. I was pretty close to getting an Audi A4 but really loved how the GTI handles. I took a trip driving around curvy roads around a mountain and the cornering was excellent. I also really appreciated the HID/front adaptive lights as I turned into a corner while driving in the dark. I really wanted the 2-door but...

7364169012_2f87f62412_b.jpg

...we're expecting. It's much easier to accommodate the little one with a 4-door car. He'll be our first and we can't wait to meet the little guy. The picture was taken a month back. He's due in September. :D

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
GC: Resident Evil Zero, Luigi's Mansion
luigievilzero.jpg

i had all the hook ups except for controllers even though i have 2 gamecubes :p so i fixed that
gamecubecontroller.jpg

Yes Boss!

Got my Minecraft lego set in...pretty fricken' cute!

4efe45fa.jpg

Got a cheapy used 360 VGA cable to hook up the 360 to a forthcoming broadcast monitor and my cabinets.

ff2c672f.jpg

Got up to date on the last few months of indian blu releases. Bollies:

c2b424a3.jpg

Kolly:

d7ef862a.jpg

Tollies:

eba23725.jpg

And Gravity Rush today shipped from Amazon...wait begins!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but that's mostly because I haven't bought shit in a while. But I did this time.

I needed pants, so I bought pants.

zxBWW.jpg

And I also bought a shirt. Ima wear this shirt while I spray champagne in some bitch's fucking face.

67tPw.jpg

I also had a major shortage in the shoe supply, which caused it to be difficult to walk up to a bitch and stick my foot up they ass. So I fixed that and go back to battering.

EalNt.jpg

I also got a couple gamesofts and a BD. As you can or can not tell, I watched Breaking Bad (not that I didn't already watch it when it aired originally), and I played Syndicate. Lollipop Chainsaw isn't opened, because I got it like 10 minutes ago and because I'm waiting to see if the 360 version's better... in which case, back to Mr. Retailer this goes!

VmN1q.jpg

Very nice. Its got desktop specs. If I made the jump, I would have with this one.

No buyers remorse?

not once I cancelled that order and got the student discount + the $100 app store gift card.
I've been in need of a new machine - had the money already so it was basically a "do I once again buy a rev A machine or wait another 6mos to a year for the rest of the line to catch up..."

I'm almost done with school so this will fit nicely for the wifes photo editing and little ones schooling.

goMaki

It's installing now! I can't wait to play it. My BF has a friend at Best Buy so he hooked me up with the keychain. <3
June-2012_LC.jpg

Spooky decided she wanted to be in the picture so here she is with the other two game pickups of the day.
June-2012_SHD_GS.jpg

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
impressions of BD so far? waiting for my copy to come in (thank you Alex!)
so anxiously reading up on the reviews (a little sparse ATM)

I think it's a pretty good game. Beat one route last night. I wish there was more weapon variety between suits. A lot of them play the same. The boost system is a bit weird to me since I've only played the Vs series before. The Seed setting might throw some people off of course. Really good game for any Seed fan.

538112_4192289404259_1827939132_n.jpg

Awwwwww yeah. 20 bucks. Picked up in preparation for Wii U, which won't be backwards compatible with GameCube games, and I figure it'll make for a nice party box.

And I also bought a shirt. Ima wear this shirt while I spray champagne in some bitch's fucking face.

I also had a major shortage in the shoe supply, which caused it to be difficult to walk up to a bitch and stick my foot up they ass. So I fixed that and go back to battering.

i bet you anything if you stopped talking about women that way, you wouldn't need to impress them with new, expensive clothes ;)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Hot out of the couriers van and into my house! =D

2YQlL.jpg

Now I just need an amp that supports a phono input (I have a Technics turntable) :^/

*edit*

Actually, I bought that Blade Runner game for the PC too last week, didn't intend for it to be in the pic, but since it's there, yeah, I bought it. Struggling to get it to run though despite following a few guides. Stupid 13yo PC games.

sikkinixx

Ah, man, they messed up The Hulk. I like the original Hulk better.
0NJFj.jpg

I actually kinda like it. I have him set up beside the original on my shelf. There is a 3rd variant but it's a double pack with abomination and frankly they both look ugly. I like the "cuter" version I guess

marvel-mini-muggs-hulk-and-abomination-figures-by-hasbro---2-pc..jpg

^

Ugh.

Awwwwww yeah. 20 bucks. Picked up in preparation for Wii U, which won't be backwards compatible with GameCube games, and I figure it'll make for a nice party box.

I wish I had a black one instead of the platinum. Now you just need the Gameboy player and you'll be in business!

I've considered hunting a cheap one down in the past, but since there is a Wii in my house, and I have two controllers and a memory card there doesn't feel much need anymore. Lovely looking system though!

Saroyan

New games, 3 of which just released today, I usually don't buy so many new releases at once, but oh well.

Played around with Gravity Rush for about 30 mins, it looks really nice and I like it so far, looks great on the Vita screen. Vita screenshots always manage to make the games look so ugly, but then they are so beautiful when you actually play them.

I'm gonna put Gravity Rush off to the side for now though, since I really want to check out Lollipop Chainsaw!

Cheddahz

Banned
I finally got the money to go grab Xenoblade and a Classi Controller Pro. I traded in some crappy sport games to Best Buy and I managed to get Mass Effect 3 for only a buck and I need to own a Smiths album, so I picked up the "Single" album for cheap on Amazon. Oh and yeah, the quality of the image sucks because I was lazy and took this with my iPod.
oOJ3Q.jpg

TwIsTeD

It says mid 2012.. and I guess he got it in-store.

Yea picked it up in store thanks to a buddy giving me a heads up, its the base $2100 model but its plenty....most stores got at least 2 today so if your itching give them a call and see if they can take care of you

The screen is GOD LIKE and honestly I think this will just become my primary machine...now to put some Windows 8 on and see some games in action

I think it's a pretty good game. Beat one route last night. I wish there was more weapon variety between suits. A lot of them play the same. The boost system is a bit weird to me since I've only played the Vs series before. The Seed setting might throw some people off of course. Really good game for any Seed fan.

Thanks! looking forward to something a bit more linear compared to the Vs for a bit

GQman2121

Banned
Uniqlo MGS shirt. This is really the only one that I liked and felt I had to have.

0M6Iul.jpg

Gift soap from the Middle East....umm yeah.

JWdgal.jpg

tvnR3l.jpg

Finally upgraded from my 5 year old hp media center to a real PC !!

Cooler master 932 HAF case
Intel i5 Ivy-bridge 3570k
HIS Radeon Ice Q 7850
8 GB Corsair vengeance
128 gb crucial ssd
600 ocz power supply
asrock z77 pro m4 motherboard
samsung 1080p 24 inch monitor

601130_10150881272700967_469408824_n.jpg

576925_10150885221120967_1122511543_n.jpg

Very happy so far, able to run everything at max that I've tried.

Top Bottom