• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

cabot

More L4D2 Versus tonight for those who are interested. Earlier than saturday, though:

cya_1486584000.png

SIGN-UP LIST

1. cabot
2. acohrs

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
200_s.gif

""Did he have six votes or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a D1 random wagon, the most powerful GAFIA meta in the world and would lynch you straight off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"

Hey, Royal, you need to fix your site's security Certificate, Firefox flips out every time I go on your site.
(quote from the DR3 thread)

So, I think this is of general interest.

HTTPS is a protocol that transfers the data between you (the client) and the votetool (the server) encrypted. HTTPS also can be used to prevent spoofing (a malicious site disguises itself as another site, e.g. your bank's). For this your HTTPS certificate needs to be signed by a certified, "trusted" entity. There are companies who do this, some banks, etc. The thing is, unless you go to some rather sketchy sites that don't really check your credentials, this will cost some amount of money, probably on a yearly basis as these certificates expire after a certain time. I'm not really willing to pay money as I don't host webcontent that is meant for the general public, so I use a certificate that is signed by myself, an untrusted entity. Therefore your browser warns you when you connect to my site via HTTPS. In my opinion the warning is way too big and I still rather connect via an uncertified HTTPS connection than via unencrypted HTTP but apparently the big browsers have another opinion. The vote tool in theory is accessible via plain HTTP. I don't know if you can force HTTP for certain sites in your browser.

If I got anything wrong or somebody has a solution for it, fell free to correct me.

Karkador

Banned

HTTPS is a protocol that transfers the data between you (the client) and the votetool (the server) encrypted. HTTPS also can be used to prevent spoofing (a malicious site disguises itself as another site, e.g. your bank's). For this your HTTPS certificate needs to be signed by a certified, "trusted" entity. There are companies who do this, some banks, etc. The thing is, unless you go to some rather sketchy sites that don't really check your credentials, this will cost some amount of money, probably on a yearly basis as these certificates expire after a certain time. I'm not really willing to pay money as I don't host webcontent that is meant for the general public, so I use a certificate that is signed by myself, an untrusted entity. Therefore your browser warns you when you connect to my site via HTTPS. In my opinion the warning is way too big and I still rather connect via an uncertified HTTPS connection than via unencrypted HTTP but apparently the big browsers have another opinion. The vote tool in theory is accessible via plain HTTP. I don't know if you can force HTTP for certain sites in your browser.

If I got anything wrong or somebody has a solution for it, fell free to correct me.

Is Let's Encrypt a sketchy site?

Yeah it let me put an exception for your site, so it's cool now, but it was weird and I wasn't sure if your site was broken or something.

(Also the add exception button is buried which is probably a bad thing for the less tech savvy players here)

RetroMG

Spec Access, pls. Discord or OG?

Just as a general comment, (not to you specifically, Flush,) but as a rule, we don't do spectator chats on Discord because (for now, at least) we can't easily archive them for later. If Discord adds the ability for us to save the transcript of a certain room, (there has been noise that this may be coming,) then we will re-assess at that time.

The only "Spectator" chat on Discord is Mod Chat, and if you come to Mod Chat, it's assumed that you are either modding a game, or volunteering to step in as a backup if a mod is unavailable when their game needs them.

Karkador

Banned
Unrelated, but I'm offering my communities some free Steam game codes from the Humble Freedom bundle. Just reply in this thread with your request, first come first serve, one game per post. No spamming the thread, please!

Keep in mind, you're competing to gobble up these games with the Board Game GAF Community, so make sure to pay them a visit and see all the fun you're missing!

Steam Games Up For Grabs, 100% Free, Not Fake News, Classical Fact

Day of the Tentacle
Overgrowth
Nuclear Throne
Invisible, Inc <--Karkador Recommended
Super Meat Boy
World of Goo
Mushroom 11
Guacamelee
The Swapper <-- Karkador Recommended
Spirits
A Virus Named TOM
Waking Mars
Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat <-- Karkador Recommended
Mini Metro <-- Karkador Recommended
Retro Game Crunch
Tower of Guns
AI War: Fleet Command
Secrets of Rætikon
Ellipsis
Streamline
Ninja Pizza Girl
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball

Swamped

Banned
Unrelated, but I'm offering my communities some free Steam game codes from the Humble Freedom bundle. Just reply in this thread with your request, first come first serve, one game per post. No spamming the thread, please!

That is really nice of you! I actually just bought this bundle but I gave away my unwanted games to my husband (it is valentine's day after all, who doesn't want "Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball"?). Looking forward to trying out the Kark recs.

Btw, when are we recruiting for Gafia 3?

Sorian

Banned

Keep in mind, you're competing to gobble up these games with the Board Game GAF Community, so make sure to pay them a visit and see all the fun you're missing!

Day of the Tentacle
Overgrowth
Nuclear Throne
Super Meat Boy
World of Goo
Mushroom 11
Guacamelee
Spirits
A Virus Named TOM
Waking Mars
Retro Game Crunch
Tower of Guns
Secrets of Rætikon
Ellipsis
Streamline
Ninja Pizza Girl

That 7 grand steps game looks interesting. May I?

seriously.

i want it nooooow.

see karka? your fawning audience awaits

That is really nice of you! I actually just bought this bundle but I gave away my unwanted games to my husband (it is valentine's day after all, who doesn't want "Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball"?). Looking forward to trying out the Kark recs.

Btw, when are we recruiting for Gafia 3?

I think the mandate from retro is that the other midseason games need to wrap up first so everyone is free agent so anyone can sign up to Gafia games cuz it speshul or something :3

am a chaotic neutral tempest cleric elemental being that worships yet-to-be-determined deity with a corgiling pet who is a druid that can transform into human form (and not a human druid that can transform into corgi, mind you)

what is melon? :D

elf ranger?

I have nothing fancy made up.

Yn asking the real questions

Were we doing standard D&D or did we decide to have the cat one instead?

the cat one? there's a cat one?? i miss all the fun DnD chatter.

I'd take Mini Metro if it's still available.

CzarTim

Day of the Tentacle
Overgrowth
Nuclear Throne
Super Meat Boy
World of Goo
Mushroom 11
Guacamelee
Spirits
A Virus Named TOM
Waking Mars
Retro Game Crunch
Tower of Guns
Secrets of Rætikon
Ellipsis
Streamline
Ninja Pizza Girl

Been wanting to play Day of the Tentacle

It's yours, I'll send you the code later

Gotcha

Feel free to claim more than one, I just didn't want anybody posting once and taking a bunch of stuff.

Also, if you just lurk this thread, feel free to claim a game and say hi!

Thanks a lot!

I'll wait a day before I go for a second one. Gotta give the others a chance :D

Could I take Invisible Inc.?
(I also second The Swapper recommendation, great game.)
------------------------------------
Also I said this the discord chat but I have a code for Sunset Overdrive that I've had for a while (not sure if it expired or not) that anybody is welcome to try!

Top Bottom