• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Galdius

I would love to post a picture with a Switch and Zelda but I haven't found one for a good price here in Brazil yet. But I have some new adittions to the collection:

fRR1dXNh.jpg

And my new car arrived today. It's an armored 2016/2017 A200.

4bykCXyh.jpg

I...I think I'm good on pickups this month. A friend of mine was clearing out on some things and he called me first, knowing I've been wanting an MSX for years and years. I already have Konami MSX Classics on Saturn so this is just as good. I got everything for $250. Not bad at all.

I legit said "whoaaaaaa" in a low whisper at my desk at work. Congrats on that!

Maximus.

pgC5T34.jpg

Purchased the Nintendo Switch Neon, The Legend of Zelda SE, Pro Controller. No pictured are the microsd card and carrying case I purchased as well.

6yQfO9A.jpg

Big fan of Beast Wars and Takara killed it with this masterpiece figure! Hard price to swallow for the size though.

I legit said "whoaaaaaa" in a low whisper at my desk at work. Congrats on that!

Thanks, I actually said woahhhh when he texted me asking if I wanted to buy it. I had played on it a while back and had always wanted this model or one similar as it is, so the fact he asked me first because he knew I was such an MSX fan really meant a lot. :)

Celcius

°Temp. member
I would love to post a picture with a Switch and Zelda but I haven't found one for a good price here in Brazil yet. But I have some new adittions to the collection:

And my new car arrived today. It's an armored 2016/2017 A200.

By armored you mean bulletproof body and windows?

Galdius

Amazing, I'd like to have a car like that someday.
Did you get it just because it's cool, or do you think you'll need it?

I live in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and while I've never been robbed/assaulted I think it's good to have this kind of protection if you can pay for it, specially if you drive a lot at night.
I hope to never have to find out how good the armor is but it's has to endure a few tests (including an army's test) to have the armor certificate.

Justinh

It's obviously a Nintendo kinda day, isn't it?
RetroUSB AVS. It cost me 300 dollars on ebay. They're only 185 on the actual site (or like... on sale for 15 dollars off or something for now), but they won't ship out until from a period of the end of March to the middle of May. I didn't want to wait.
I love this thing so far. From what I've read though, I think I need to open it up try to secure down that usb port in the back. Maybe with some hot glue or epoxy or something.
I also have a PowerPak (and a Kazzo NES dumper too! so I can dump my own ROMS) on the way so I can just leave it in the system and not have to swap games out. Digital future has made me lazy-er
MY LIFE IN GAMING review if you don't know what this thing is. (note, the beta firmware I'm using does allow me to switch palettes and use the unsaturated palette they refer)
Got the 8Bitdo controller and receiver to use with my new console. Also picked up Super C, one of my favorite NES games that I didn't already have (I don't have many).
Oh yeah, I also got this game of course. I love it so far, but only have played it like 3 hours.
These books (along with a couple other volumes) were supposed to arrive between the middle and end of last month. They finally showed up today (still waiting on 4, 6, and 18). I noticed a note on one of the boxes. I put it on the top book there (volume 3).
GOD...
DAMMIT, USPS.

Got volumes 3 and 4 of these IDW Turtles books. I really like the origin story they gave for the Turtles and Splinter in this series. I don't think I ever finished book 2, though. I guess I'll get on that before reading these. Something I think is cool that I just noticed today, is that the cloth bookmark is color matched to the character on the cover. You can see purple for Donatello here, Leo has Blue, Raf (book 1) has a red one and book 2, which is Splinter, has a light brown one. I didn't care about this when I bought them, but now I really like that they all say First Printing in that page in the front. I want them all that way now, so I preordered Book 5 too.

The Amazon listing is a typo. There is no paperback version. If you look at the text in the listing, it says "The classic manga returns in a deluxe box set! Hardcover editions of Revolutionary Girl Utena and The Adolescence of Utena are included in this two-volume collectors’ set with exclusive color pages and poster."

Awesome. Sounds like I'm all set then.

---

Love seeing all the Switch pickups ITT. Console launches are so exciting!

A couple pickups. Starting to replace my case fans with these sweet Noctua fans. I don't want to buy them all at once and realize how expensive they are, so I'm grabbing one each pay check. Hah.

Also, this is probably the third or fourth time I've owned these CD900STs. I always sell them to free up cash, then instantly regret it. They are my favorite headphones ever, so I don't know why I always convince myself to sell them. Lets hope this is the time I hang on to them!

img_0500dqupt.jpg

AmyS

A couple pickups. Starting to replace my case fans with these sweet Noctua fans. I don't want to buy them all at once and realize how expensive they are, so I'm grabbing one each pay check. Hah.

Also, this is probably the third or fourth time I've owned these CD900STs. I always sell them to free up cash, then instantly regret it. They are my favorite headphones ever, so I don't know why I always convince myself to sell them. Lets hope this is the time I hang on to them!

img_0500dqupt.jpg

Whoa, those are awesome headphones.

I picked up a Switch with both versions of Breath of the Wild.

img_0500dqupt.jpg

How do these compare to the MDR-7506? The ones you bought look similar, but sell for like 2X+ more.

Exquisik

My haul in the last couple of days. Already have a PS4 and an XOne, but got the Pro for HZD and got a slim XOne for the 4K blu ray (4K collection is starting to build up). Not opening up my Switch until I find a good screen protector for it. I can play HZD in the meantime while waiting for the screen protector.

Code:
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LWe91r9TAYy3RxMIVPXlsLmWOLnlh5IpciTmfvLG2YldNSwGYwwaI2aikUrVw_gMRJol3o5BLpavwKoG2cULfAtaJbG_8nnlkQEJLmHVDrrH2XxcpHnA3mJv8D-gPj74fuUS8q4q6Fjce3opA-0r_AtQDT_pQXn80XSg9WF2eNCk7Em86EcdUsWB8B5EuifyhbWcBy2D6y28hVlY_YLQkqGCmuJxdFPypEIhCkvIrZSJ3cKyocymWLyn8eTblKLby1k6274_fTx2X4epkYzS_i4KSAZSqDF6cRq2s5vv22E6OjIwwWlXSGdW9UkJlmZs2ObR7_UV5XPY4dMHQkzHaZ5XBNVNJGAvGL7BQ6Iv4k4MPKI0pcfYL2awlie3cO6HObbKRx3c3Mr7Xc-V7ipygUKwz5-F7I32yqfVpYJh50fAhoGUurZKB-KtaADB-26BQc0zUZYdRJ6mvHV8wlJeZLAl235NQ8_oAMILKaH18mtsE1_8lj_ZpObYHXIMB-OnMFRfQ7yUP6ffo4Ce_BPD-YyOsQsEt6wFMODjbgfujkmz3rWC7t6vSjbTwnXg0-bJfPmPQ5ic3rC28AxkwNqbAz0BScax79K8kPucbuKNYqGmM30t-G23=w818-h613-no[/IMG]

Celcius

°Temp. member
The parking space is mine, nobody can park it there besides me so I park it in a way to make it easier to go.

You also have to make quick getaways? I'm starting to get concerned about ya Galdius
just kidding :)

How do these compare to the MDR-7506? The ones you bought look similar, but sell for like 2X+ more.

They're very different. More neutral, more laid back while still being more detailed. Bass is a little toned down from the V6/7506, but not drastically so. Highs are less sharp, but extend higher. And while soundstage is about the same size, these have far nicer imaging. Vocals are absolutely legendary: the best I've heard in a headphone. These two things make them really shine with folk and softer rock.

dodgeme

Well, going into the week I had no intention of buying a Switch, then me and my coworkers saw the Zelda reviews and had to have one. We got lucky, our local Best Buy got sent a large number, they claimed to still have 50+ yesterday afternoon when we went around 1pm. Grabbed the console, Zelda and Bomberman. So far pretty happy. First console that I have actually purchased on launch date.

hugoboss78

Neo Member
My Feb/Mar pickup...

Been picking up a few Wii U games on the cheap (except BoW) thanks to the new Switch. And I don't have a Switch yet. I'll wait until the holidays to snag one. But I could't resist buying the Special Edition Breath of the Wild.
4WEh9x6.jpg

A few retro additions...
JH5A7ud.jpg

And a few toys...
XUwBhrL.jpg

2xa1fL2.jpg

DJChuy

While my gf was at the clinic, I went next door to GameStop to kill some time. The store is different and kind of cool now. Found some neat stuff, but only bought a shirt. Fortunately it was on sale and had my size available.

The Last Guardian T-Shirt

A8PhLLO.jpg

Also picked up these Selena cups. They were hard to find after 9AM as people were buying bundles of them. Some dude bought 50 cups.

pUJOzsE.jpg

Also got tickets for Incubus. Can't wait!

Top Bottom