• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Galdius

I didn't think the Switch would arrive so fast here in Brazil but today a lot of places already had it so I bought one. It wasn't cheap but I really wanted to play it.

a6X7SDih.jpg

jewbA1c.jpg

0wTP0fT.jpg

I got this on launch and pro controller today from amazon.com

I really hope this is not a bad purchase.

My concern is that the docked version of games will not be able to get 1080/60 and we end up with something like zelda where it runs better on portable VS docked.

TacosNSalsa

Finally got a new stick . Went with Qanba this time as Mad Catz seems to be dragging their feet with the 3.5mm headset port for some reason.

YpbVfrxl.jpg

WJvxvnQl.jpg

lePuXytl.jpg

I live in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and while I've never been robbed/assaulted I think it's good to have this kind of protection if you can pay for it, specially if you drive a lot at night.
I hope to never have to find out how good the armor is but it's has to endure a few tests (including an army's test) to have the armor certificate.

If you don't mind saying, how much is an armored merc? I had a quick google and couldn't find much. Is it a dealer option or after market?

Galdius

If you don't mind saying, how much is an armored merc? I had a quick google and couldn't find much. Is it a dealer option or after market?

Just the armor is around US$17k but this is price that it will cost on almost any car here in Brazil. Then you have tbe car'a pricd to add to it. Every dealer has a company that does the armor. You usually buy the car and the armor together and then instead of you picking up the car immediately after the purchase, you pick it up after 30-40 daya because it goes to get the armor installed. Everything is custom made so it takes a long time to get ready.

jewbA1c.jpg
I really hope this is not a bad purchase.

My concern is that the docked version of games will not be able to get 1080/60 and we end up with something like zelda where it runs better on portable VS docked.

Hey, I had also read this somewhere else, but someone has already done this test (http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/3/14802390/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-framerate-docked-vs-portable). There's a definite visible difference in frame rate with docked vs. undocked (with undocked having the advantage).

hugoboss78

Neo Member
Got the 8Bitdo controller and receiver to use with my new console.

Hope you have better luck with yours. I bought the same controller/receiver for my AVS and had problems with it. The buttons would't respond accordingly. Pretty disappointed as I had high hopes for it.

BNGames

It's obviously a Nintendo kinda day, isn't it?

RetroUSB AVS. It cost me 300 dollars on ebay. They're only 185 on the actual site (or like... on sale for 15 dollars off or something for now), but they won't ship out until from a period of the end of March to the middle of May. I didn't want to wait.
I love this thing so far. From what I've read though, I think I need to open it up try to secure down that usb port in the back. Maybe with some hot glue or epoxy or something.
I also have a PowerPak (and a Kazzo NES dumper too! so I can dump my own ROMS) on the way so I can just leave it in the system and not have to swap games out. Digital future has made me lazy-er
MY LIFE IN GAMING review if you don't know what this thing is. (note, the beta firmware I'm using does allow me to switch palettes and use the unsaturated palette they refer)

Careful, I ran into some compatibility issues with mine.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K86-7y0MHd0

SBwrx4kl.jpg

Justinh

Careful, I ran into some compatibility issues with mine.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K86-7y0MHd0

SBwrx4kl.jpg

Oh wow, I actually watched this before buying, lol. What popped in my simple head was "Well, I don't have that game so I shouldn't worry." I guess I should be concerned with any compatibility problems since these things cost so much. I was hoping that all the games I'm going to be ripping are popular ones like Super C, Castlevania, 2, and 3, and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! that which mapper would be correct would be known... or something.

I've never dumped a rom yet, so I don't really know anything about it, I was just going to "wing it" as I went along.

edit: I'm more worried about reports of the weak-as-hell usb port in the AVS. I ordered some epoxy that'll be here tomorrow in hope of securing it better.
Oh look! A video about LS-56s! I've been curious about these vs. LS-40s. ~Bookmarked for tomorrow.
Hope you have better luck with yours. I bought the same controller/receiver for my AVS and had problems with it. The buttons would't respond accordingly. Pretty disappointed as I had high hopes for it.

No problems with the buttons, but man I do not like this Dpad. It feels really weird. Like sometimes it feels like hitting diagonals is really hard and sometimes it feels really hard not hitting diagonals. I'm hoping that I just have to break it in, playing Super C with it ain't fun.
Oh wait, by buttons "not responding correctly" do you mean B being the A button and Y being the B button? Yeah I thought that was annoying, but I just got used to it, until I unplugged it. I prefer the straight across buttons anyways.

krae_man

My local EB had these on clearance for $30 and I couldn't not walk out with it:

rv355WB.jpg

Then I had to walk home with it which was a challenge since this thing is huge and heavy as hell.

Just the armor is around US$17k but this is price that it will cost on almost any car here in Brazil. Then you have tbe car'a pricd to add to it. Every dealer has a company that does the armor. You usually buy the car and the armor together and then instead of you picking up the car immediately after the purchase, you pick it up after 30-40 daya because it goes to get the armor installed. Everything is custom made so it takes a long time to get ready.

Ah ok, thought it might have been done by Mercedes themselves. Thanks for replying.

BNGames

Oh wow, I actually watched this before buying, lol. What popped in my simple head was "Well, I don't have that game so I shouldn't worry." I guess I should be concerned with any compatibility problems since these things cost so much. I was hoping that all the games I'm going to be ripping are popular ones like Super C, Castlevania, 2, and 3, and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! that which mapper would be correct would be known... or something.

I've never dumped a rom yet, so I don't really know anything about it, I was just going to "wing it" as I went along.

edit: I'm more worried about reports of the weak-as-hell usb port in the AVS. I ordered some epoxy that'll be here tomorrow in hope of securing it better.
Oh look! A video about LS-56s! I've been curious about these vs. LS-40s. ~Bookmarked for tomorrow.

lol the USB port on mine is ok (So far..). I know in the forums the game issue is definitely something with the mappers and from I can tell it hasn't been addressed. Im thinking it wont either.

I got plenty of Arcade stuff on the channel, thanks for watching!

Marceles

Jordan Cherry 13s and 1 All Stars

aVp8Wtul.jpg

Horizon Collector's Edition

KJc9LRll.jpg

Nintendo Switch w/carrying case & screen protector, joy-con charging grip, 5 amiibos, and Zelda BotW Master Edition

vGnclETl.jpg

Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card

mSALm4Yl.jpg

//ARCANUM

I don't think I've ever actually posted my purchases in this thread, even though I've been following it for years and even complemented MarkMan on it in person, lol.

I spent a bunch already this month on Switch stuff for myself and for work. Here's *some* of it:

N5UgpG0.jpg

However, my wife and I made a slightly more expensive purchase this month as well...

J11GrGJ.jpg

Our first house! Feels like an appropriate first pickup post, lol!

Ghostoflies

Neo Member
Got this last week. Traded my ps3 for it. LOVING it so far. Picked up Smash and Binding of Isaac. Gave my 2ds to my son to play. Love the form factor and how fast it loads up.
q0vTqmd.jpg

Ashler

Its a Switchmas miracle!!

FFDE4762-3C53-4D29-85DA-04F4B8B66774_zpsg85oae8r.jpg

Nintendo Switch Grey
Pro Controller
128Gb SD Card
The BOTW Amiibo
LoZ - BoTW Special Edition
LoZ - BoTW
LoZ - BoTW WiiU
Super Bomberman R
1-2 Switch
Just Dance 2017
Skylanders Switch

... and Horizon Zero Dawn! :)

I still have some of the switch stuff being delivered tomorrow:

Nintendo Switch Neon Red/Blue
I am Setsuna
Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2
LoZ - BoTW WiiU (US and JP versions)

Justinh

I don't think I've ever actually posted my purchases in this thread, even though I've been following it for years and even complemented MarkMan on it in person, lol.

However, my wife and I made a slightly more expensive purchase this month as well...

J11GrGJ.jpg

Congrats! That's quite the pickup!

joekusa

Hi ^^

My loot from 2017 :

899806rodcod.jpg

Rodea was hard but cost nothing here and COD was "free" (special offer in my shop)

882536re7.jpg

926902nioh.jpg

My two master piece from March :

303072horizon.jpg

To follow the WII U on her last trip

412141zelda.jpg

And, at least, after all my life with a PC, I go to the other side :

423397mac.jpg

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

I spent a bunch already this month on Switch stuff for myself and for work. Here's *some* of it:

N5UgpG0.jpg

J11GrGJ.jpg

Quite the hall there.. congratulations!!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

N5UgpG0.jpg

J11GrGJ.jpg

Congratulations on the new place and the Switch! Welcome to the thread (posting wise)!

Estocolmo

how much did that set you back?

Im glad you asked!

I first came in contact to Fire Emblem on iPhone, Fire Emblem Heroes.

I saw a lot of fun potential so I wanted to play more games in the same universe. I only own an Xbox One and Nintendo DS so my only option to play a Fire Emblem game is Shadow Dragon on the DS. So I started researching around the internet and the only FE game for a console I own is Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. But apparently it was very expensive new and used. I live in Sweden so we have our own currency. The cheapest price on a store was 120€ used!

Im a cheap ass gamer, but I’m not afraid to pay a little more for hard-to-get titles. I then started to subscribe to a service on Tradera (the Swedish equivalent to Ebay) when everytime someone wanted to sell a game with the word “Fire Emblem” on the title I got an email for it.

About 1 week ago Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon finally appeared! I decided that I was willing to bid up to 100€ for it. So in case I didnt like it I would probably not lose if I resell it because the cheapest store price is 120€.

In the end I won the bidding and it stopped at 65€! I have played it a bit and I really enjoy it and I’m looking forward to explore the FE universe!

TheMoon

Im glad you asked!

I first came in contact to Fire Emblem on iPhone, Fire Emblem Heroes.

I saw a lot of fun potential so I wanted to play more games in the same universe. I only own an Xbox One and Nintendo DS so my only option to play a Fire Emblem game is Shadow Dragon on the DS. So I started researching around the internet and the only FE game for a console I own is Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. But apparently it was very expensive new and used. I live in Sweden so we have our own currency. The cheapest price on a store was 120€ used!

Im a cheap ass gamer, but I’m not afraid to pay a little more for hard-to-get titles. I then started to subscribe to a service on Tradera (the Swedish equivalent to Ebay) when everytime someone wanted to sell a game with the word “Fire Emblem” on the title I got an email for it.

About 1 week ago Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon finally appeared! I decided that I was willing to bid up to 100€ for it. So in case I didnt like it I would probably not lose if I resell it because the cheapest store price is 120€.

In the end I won the bidding and it stopped at 65€! I have played it a bit and I really enjoy it and I’m looking forward to explore the FE universe!

Oh wow that's quite a bit!

But did you know you could also play "Fire Emblem" and "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones" which are both GBA games on your DS? Assuming you're talking about a DS or DSLite, not a DSi which dropped the GBA slot.

hugoboss78

Neo Member
No problems with the buttons, but man I do not like this Dpad. It feels really weird. Like sometimes it feels like hitting diagonals is really hard and sometimes it feels really hard not hitting diagonals. I'm hoping that I just have to break it in, playing Super C with it ain't fun.
Oh wait, by buttons "not responding correctly" do you mean B being the A button and Y being the B button? Yeah I thought that was annoying, but I just got used to it, until I unplugged it. I prefer the straight across buttons anyways.

I mean, sometimes the character would move on its own without input from me pressing buttons. Or if I want it jump, it wouldn't or shoot, etc. It was frustrating! I ended up returning them.

Justinh

I mean, sometimes the character would move on its own without input from me pressing buttons. Or if I want it jump, it wouldn't or shoot, etc. It was frustrating! I ended up returning them.

Oh no, I had no issues like that!
Yeah, I think returning it would've been the right move in that case.

illusionary

It's taken a few days for this lot to trickle in, but nearly everything's now here so it feels like a good time to post.

First, the Switch and Zelda - the US Master Edition, then the European standard edition for Wii U and Switch:

JMUoaiY.jpg

Closer image of Zelda, also showing the pre-order bonus keyring and posters (two of each):

qQwt02U.jpg

The Master Edition extras:

oy681Ju.jpg

amiibo!

UK10PDN.jpg

And alongside the Switch, more stock finally arrived for the NES Classic:

H29PgBl.jpg

All assembled gives a rather pleasing picture!

gE9daMK.jpg

And then, for something a little different to finish... here's Horizon: Zero Dawn and GTA IV:

9l1BbTf.jpg

My local EB had these on clearance for $30 and I couldn't not walk out with it:

rv355WB.jpg

Then I had to walk home with it which was a challenge since this thing is huge and heavy as hell.

Oh man, I feel like the EB's close to my work are all crap when it comes to good deals. Too many university students around to find steals of a deal like this.

Finally got a copy of Nier for PS3.
Amazing game pick up. Is it your first playthrough?

J11GrGJ.jpg

Congrats on your first home. I look forward to the day I can call a place of my own home.

AmyS

N5UgpG0.jpg

J11GrGJ.jpg

Wow! Congratulations on your new home :)

Top Bottom