• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

kemalettin said:
My fav game(not uncharted talking about MoH) and my fav OST
dude im listening that OST daily Micheal Giacchino's best work (he does music for Lost also)

Agreed. His MOH stuff is still his best work. And I'm the same, whenever I need some background noise I'll just put on one of his scores in the background. Lennertz stuff is great as well.

FHIZ

I got a handfull of comics today, but none of them are as important as this

2dh615c.jpg

After 16 months, Bruce Wayne is actually in a comic, and its fucking awesome.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Android18a said:
Thats awesome! I got nothing (even though I was one of the 2nd or 3rd place winners I think)

really? You could try PM'ing him/her your address. It took about a month to get here from when they shipped it.

stonedwal

Been wanting to post in here for ages, but had no camera. That was rectified with this (apologies for the filthy carpet):

iphone.jpg

I've been on a bit of a dry streak with buying stuff due to heavy study commitments, but I was a little naughty this month.

Grabbed these for my Sonic collection. I'm trying to complete a collection of the major console/region variants - it's nice when you can pick them all up cheaply like this lot, which were all in the $15-20 range. I'm pretty sure there's a special place in Hell for me now that I own Shadow the Hedgehog and multiple copies of Sonic 2006 :D

sonics.jpg

I'm also building a Halo collection - a much easier prospect due to the general lack of variants and spin-offs. After this lot, I just need the GOTY version and Japanese version of the first game, the map pack for Halo 2 and Halo Wars LE. Not sure I will go after the various regional variations since there's little aesthetic difference.

halos.jpg

The missus bought me this, it was meant to be an anniversary present (June 30) but we have a tendency to start buying presents too early, which results in overexcitement and early gift exchange.

MH.jpg

The Tekken 6 here was about 60% off, so a good excuse for a 360 stick, and a little treat for myself for actually sticking to my plan to study every day for a month. The Jedi Knight was dirt cheap - my girlfriend is an ASM at a local EB, which is rather handy for picking up cheap used stuff. The Splinter Cell was sent to EB managers, but the store manager is a PC gamer, so he gave it to my girlfriend, who gave it to me.

tekkenetc.jpg

Got my eyes on a few things for the rest of the month, but I just paid for anniversary presents, so they might have to wait.

Eteric Rice

This month has been a good month so far. I also found Dragonball GT: Final Bout, but I forgot where I put it. :lol

Some of the N64 carts have names written on the top/side. I don't really consider that damage since you can remove it if you really, really want to.

I <3 pawn shops.

ip6vt3.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Fire Emblem from Goozex, Bedknobs from $9.99 sale, DMC4 for $7.99 (pm'ed), Meet The Robinson's Blu (Free DMR Birthday Blu), and my biggest pickup for this thread ever...$5k invisalign (6 month treatment, closing some minor spaces)

33zbsr9.jpg

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
purg3 said:
what's the model of that keyboard, looking for something to replace the monstrosity that is the G15 that I'm currently using.
Not sure. I'll be away from home for a few days and won't be able to check. I paid like $30 at Fry's so I'd have a way to communicate in MHTri.

LiK

New Macbook Pro GET! 15" hi-res anti-glare screen :D
macbookpro-1.jpg

a stand for it
macbook-stand-1.jpg

Yakuza 2 figure. finally found it!
yakuza2-figfront-1.jpg

yakuza2-figback-1.jpg

final fight press kit
FF-presskit-1.jpg

ibu

ResidentDante said:
I like the new keyboards on HP, I have worked a few years setting up HP laptops and the new keyboards feel and look great.

Yeah the new keyboard is really really good. Intuitive to use and not as easy to miss the keys as it was on my HP Pavilion lappy. But it is massively underpowered and not a gaming rig at all... I do really need to upgrade the RAM though. At some point anyway.

-Red_Mage- said:
I've seen these a few times now and I have to ask .. what exactly are they for? Just for casual wear? And if so, do you really wear them out to malls and restaurants and such or these more or less for just around the house? Also, what protects the bottom of your feet from sharp stuff? And does the webbing between the toes cause any problems?

S. L.

Maklershed said:
I've seen these a few times now and I have to ask .. what exactly are they for? Just for casual wear? And if so, do you really wear them out to malls and restaurants and such or these more or less for just around the house? Also, what protects the bottom of your feet from sharp stuff? And does the webbing between the toes cause any problems?
primarily for sport activities, i.e. running

theDeeDubs

S. L. said:
primarily for sport activities, i.e. running

Ya, I use them for running and hiking. The protection is decent enough for rocks, but you definitely feel them :D . The webbing is mainly to simulate a barefoot feel. The argument is that tennis shoes have become a 'coffin' for your feet. After seeing some in a pickup post a while back and reading up more on them, I was introduced to a great book, Born to Run, that I can't recommend enough.

Bii

4605572598_1ccf8cf7ce.jpg

SteelSeries QcK+ Mouse Pad. $15.

Took advice from the PC thread and bought this gigantic mouse pad. Totally worth it; I don't even have to lift my mouse in order to scroll. :O
This'll make my workflow much smoother.

4604956911_e1a8c81960.jpg

Black Cap Basslet. $45.

Went to my local fish store and was set to buy a Royal Gramma, instead, I saw this one and had to snatch 'em up. It's still in the Gramma family, at least. :p This makes fish number five. I don't think my tank can handle any more fish...or maybe just one more...
It's still a bit shy but it looks like it has settled into a spot in the tank. I was a bit worried about territorial disputes with the other fish I have in the aquarium.

4605002723_e8500855e1.jpg

Unidentified People Eater. Four polyps. $25.

I'll have these identified later but they looked too good to pass up. This photo reminds me that I need to work on my macro photography; I haven't really been using my macro lens lately. =/

Also got (but not pictured) Portal for free from Steam and a Kingston 19-in-1 Media Reader for $13.

Salsa

In absence of cool new stuff because of no money i shall post my not-really-that-cool new keychain! with a really shitty picture!

25qdw2g.jpg

fucking slow month

WEGGLES

Silver DS lite

Original launch White DS lite was showing age. DSi XLs are ugly and DSi is too expensive considering all it has is the DSi store. Suck the DSlite is a dying breed. Only 4 colours left. Red/Black, Blue/Black, Silver and gross metalic pink. :[.

Feels nice to have a sturdy hinge that doesn't sound like stepping on a wicker basket and a touch screen that works right :).

Click for full size

Now I can trade pokemon with my self. No more buggin people online :)

SalsaShark said:
In absence of cool new stuff because of no money i shall post my not-really-that-cool new keychain! with a really shitty picture!

fucking slow month
Seeing Lammy makes me smile, so that's something!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Eteric Rice said:
Some of the N64 carts have names written on the top/side. I don't really consider that damage since you can remove it if you really, really want to.
Bro.. I implore you.. please remove that. Rubbing alcohol. 10 seconds :)

ibu

stonedwal said:
Been wanting to post in here for ages, but had no camera. That was rectified with this (apologies for the filthy carpet):

iphone.jpg

Got my eyes on a few things for the rest of the month, but I just paid for anniversary presents, so they might have to wait.

First off welcome to the clan. I take it yours is the black back iPhone? What size it?
I just bought a white 16gb 3gs, I keep hearing from people about the new one coming out in June, but I will get the new iphone as a free upgrade at the beginning of the year if I don't get one before.

Also congrats on the upcoming Anniversary.

SDC11347.jpg

I had a crack at Super earlier, my god how horrible I've become :lol

The lack of Indestructible instantly made Super a 100% improvement over vanilla.

Kjellson

Finally got my original German language Kraftwerk box set from Amazon.de today:

ipshnk.jpg

eba3c8.jpg

9lkfu1.jpg

The box also contained giant image booklets for each album. Awesome.

Top Bottom