• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yes Boss!

Not sure what the point is of reposting stuff you already posted in the previous pick-up thread.

First page or two is usually favorite pick-ups from the previous month. December is usually favorite pick-ups from the year, woven in.

This is a thread about consumption!

mxgt

Banned
Went a little nuts boosting my blu ray collection today. Not in pic: Kill Bill boxset

ibakQcZ5EtcFs9.jpg

Fast and Furious seems so out of place among the other films. Guilty pleasure.

Saroyan

Oh man, I hate The Fly. I saw it for the first time when I was pretty young, I don't remember how old I was exactly, but now I just absolutely can't watch it again. I was for sure younger than 10, and I'm in my 30's now. A couple of the scenes are still so disturbing to me, it probably would be no big deal now but I just can't do it, haha. This is the only movie that I feel that way about.

zlatko

Banned
Can someone give me ad irect link to some of these cool uniqlo shirts like the MGS ones and the One Piece ones? I did a google search like a week ago for their site, and I tried USA/Japan one and I couldn't navigate to find the t-shirts anywhere for what I want.

just got it yesterday, read it to death since. ahahah

lots of backstory in it, and the artwork and writing is freaking awesome.

a must buy for fans before D3 comes out.

EDIT:

my girlfriend went to portland, got me some spicy Cheetos and stuff. (canada doesn't have them :( )

feelsgoodman

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Oh man, I hate The Fly. I saw it for the first time when I was pretty young, I don't remember how old I was exactly, but now I just absolutely can't watch it again. I was for sure younger than 10, and I'm in my 30's now. A couple of the scenes are still so disturbing to me, it probably would be no big deal now but I just can't do it, haha. This is the only movie that I feel that way about.

Watch more movies by David Cronenberg. Especially his earlier stuff.

Cross posting from the shmups forum.

Look what just came in the mail.

OCwazl.jpg

Pretty good condition, and only about $60 USD shipped.

Awesome, great pick-up. So good to see people appreciating YGW.

I picked up Ibara about two years ago and it still lurks in the shelf behind me, menacing. Tough, tough game. Best I did was Stage 4 I believe.

And now for my haul:

1FetFl.jpg

One of my favorite CAVE soundtracks. Cover is eh but the music is amazing.

Gameboy415

lolo2ozbq.jpg

Collected these at a relatively local game store. I need #2 now!

Nice! I need to track down Lolo 2 and 3 for my collection.

I got some cool stuff this past weekend, mostly with Amazon credit.

1204-Misc3.jpg

Found Mario Tennis GBC (for $1.99) and the Wii Points Card (for $12.99) at Goodwill.
James Noir's Hollywood Crimes for 3DS was $11.98 at Target.
Got the rest of the stuff using Amazon credit.
The games were ~$5 each, grabbed the Beauty & The Beast Blu-Rays b/c they were just vaulted on 4/30, and I got Disney's WOW to calibrate my new 3DTV and now it looks even better! :D

AGITΩ

eRtgk.jpg

I'll mix my May with Aprils.
Got Duke today for $3
New Darksiders for $10 2 weeks ago
El Shaddai Price Dropped at Best Buy last week for $20 as well.

7133923435_d50a66e6ba_b.jpg

Zeta Gundam Complete Collection II and a Master Grade 2.0 RX-178 Gundam MK-II (A.E.U.G. Colors).
The MG's box is so massive. It dwarfs the DVD case.

jbueno

Awesome, great pick-up. So good to see people appreciating YGW.

I picked up Ibara about two years ago and it still lurks in the shelf behind me, menacing. Tough, tough game. Best I did was Stage 4 I believe.

And now for my haul:

1FetFl.jpg

One of my favorite CAVE soundtracks. Cover is eh but the music is amazing.

Ibara is great, but it is indeed very menacing as most Yagawa-san games are. I have played it before on a friend´s PCB but really haven´t fully grasped the system, and it´s kicking my ass because I can´t rank control for shit and thus not getting the needed extends to keep up. I should invest in a PS2 stick, perhaps I´ll dual mod my HRAP EX-SE someday.

Oh and nice pick-up too by the way, that Espgaluda II BL OST is godly, specially the track for Stage 3. RIP Uemoto-san.

Is that Sam Gideon figure a new pick-up as well?

haikira

I know all about the silent Hill collection. But I was using two coupons at a local super market. One to discount 10 pound if a certain price is spent and another to just take off 10. Both run out in a few days. I couldn't find anything else to raise the price, and I figured there's the patch coming out soon.

Need to figure a way to get that sticker off, from the girl with the dragon tattoo box. Really wish they'd put shit like that on the wrapper.

imag0188yi.jpg

mblitek

An Idiot Abroad collection
6987878236_e5a0bbe13a_c.jpg

This is the best unintentional humor I have witnessed on T.V. Karl's similes and comparisons can't be beat. He just genuinely does not like to travel. Although, the one thing I couldn't do is in Season 2 when he eats that "dish" that inspired Sushi. A 3yr old fermented fish!? It costs $170 GBP :eek:

robot

Another month, another PCB! This time it's Data East's Diet Go Go! A Snow Bros. style game where you fatten up enemies and bounce them around the screen to chain into other enemies. Lot's of fun, can't wait to try it co-op.

tumblr_m3djrzXlCh1qhxqk0o1_500.jpg

Cheska

e41f47d6.jpg

080cb9e0.jpg

72d46048.jpg

46376c78.jpg

edaf278f.jpg

21f8bc5f.jpg

A lot of April and May mixed together. A lot of those games were nabbed at pretty sweet deals, like DMC HD collection for $20 and Devil Survivor 2 for $14. Not pictured is Shenmue for the Dreamcast and the new Sookie Stackhouse book I bought today.

canocha

Too bad it took two weeks for it to arrive in poor package consisting of something resembling a garbage bag :(

Damn that package must have been in some weird places!! Sorry about that!

Got a Sega 32X SCART cable:

9bl8V.jpg

I had a RF cable before... the image quality is sooooo much better now!!

Does anyone know if there a way to force PAL games to play @ 60hz (without hardware modding)??

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Damn that package must have been in some weird places!! Sorry about that!

Got a Sega 32X SCART cable:

9bl8V.jpg

I had a RF cable before... the image quality is sooooo much better now!!

Does anyone know if there a way to force PAL games to play @ 60hz (without hardware modding)??

Lol, talk about obscure.

And I'm pretty sure you can't force PAL games to 60hz... they were programmed to run at 50, and that's how they shall remain. As far as I know... some games had a 60hz mode, but on the 32x? I doubt it.

canocha

Lol, talk about obscure.

And I'm pretty sure you can't force PAL games to 60hz... they were programmed to run at 50, and that's how they shall remain. As far as I know... some games had a 60hz mode, but on the 32x? I doubt it.

Its not obscure its a SCART cable for Mega Drive 2/32X/CDX!

Thanks... awful borders and sloooowww music it is!

Ladies and gentlemen I may have hit my holy grail.

I TOLD YA ALL I WOULD GET IT

and I did, happy birthday to me.

C5lIl.jpg

The Turbo Express

Congrats! I love mine!

My 10 fave TurboGrafx games for TurboExpress play:

1. Devil's Crush/Crash
  2. Splatterhouse
  3. Ninja Spirit
  4. Military Madness
  5. Air Zonk
  6. any Bonk game
  7. Adventure Island
  8. Blazing Lazers
  9. Chew Man Fu
  10. either Legendary Axe

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Its not obscure its a SCART cable for Mega Drive 2/32X/CDX!

Thanks... awful borders and sloooowww music it is!

Hey man, I get it - SCART kicks ass. I use it for my Saturn, and it has allowed me to play games with a constant erection! Ya just don't see them every day. SCART cables, that is.

Top Bottom