• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Picked up Titanfall 2 on Xbox One from GameStop for $20. It's on sale right now. I've been wanting to get it for months. I love the first game (have it on Xbox 360 and Xbox One), and loved the beta. So glad to finally have it.
uG3qIuV.jpg

I'm also waiting on Amazon to ship my pre-order of Injustice 2. It says it should arrive on Monday, which is almost a full week late. Heh.

Mionix Castor + Mionx Alioth.

A local supplier is having an insane special - 53% off - so I got both for around the equivalent of 42 dollars. My old mouse was the OG Deathadder - but it had started double clicking when I single click, and was a pain to use. The Mionix is great, and the rubber coating is amazing.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VCOUIAU.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/gGmWrnk.jpg[/img]

Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition + Free Batman T-shirt & Set of Magnets!

kA2RJgz.jpg

My first gaming laptop, Lenovo Y520. Bought this beauty for FFXIV Stormblood!

lyi6uSr.jpg

theecakee

Not necessarily gaming, gonna use this for work and school.

However, my Dell XPS 13 9360 came today. Really really nice! I bought it refurbished off eBay for like $200 off the original price. Has the Kaby Lake i5, 8GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD. Super light weight.

Justinh

Guess this counts as a pickup. I moved on Wednesday. I'm now like 20 mins walking distance from my office, compared to the hour on the train that I was before.
That kinda sounds wonderful, you know... unless it's raining or something lol. Congrats!

Ohhh man, I hate unpacking...

Grief.exe

pRsCGu6.jpg

Not necessarily gaming, gonna use this for work and school.

However, my Dell XPS 13 9360 came today. Really really nice! I bought it refurbished off eBay for like $200 off the original price. Has the Kaby Lake i5, 8GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD. Super light weight.

I'm biased since I have one, but the Dell XPS line is gorgeous. Linux runs beautifully out of the box too.

Steelseries QcK XXL mousepad. It was time for something bigger.

33787180254_132b0cf736_o.png

The only problem with the QCK is the edges will inevitably fray away as they aren't stitched.

eXistor

Just came back from a retro convention. Kind of a bust to be honest, lots of modern stuff and very little actual retro stuff and almost no imports (relatively speaking anyway). There's another one next week I wasn't gonna go to, but I might just do it anyway to make up for this time.

Even so, I still found a few things I was looking for, so it's not all bad.

n7FzRMY.jpg

SCB3

few pickups to end may and possibly the summer

The Surge:

Big fan of Souls like games, I enjoyed Lords of the Fallen and thios was cheapish so, no brainer here

UfdmNg1.jpg

Minecraft Switch Edition

Kids love Minecraft, I think I now own every single edition released, I may play this one though!
DmxB0No.jpg

Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition

Can honestly say that the first game was my favourite fighting game in a long time. I'm loving this so far if not more

23bIkYn.jpg

A Arcade Stick, finally:

Official Sony PS3/4 Arcade stick by Venom

Went with one with decent reviews and cheap enough to practice one, not used one since about Tekken 3 I believe, so with Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 out this summer, a perfect time to get back to using one. Hell if this works fine, I may upgrade to something a bit more solid and expensive

A few new Blu Rays to add to my collection
KtYhmFk.jpg

Nice bargain at £10 for all 3
u7FZY1R.jpg

Adding to my Game Art Books (Nice round 60 now)
z9nXANJ.jpg

A nice like new car, 11 years old with 1 owner, the condition is fantastic:

lIAzHp1m.jpg

And since theres no Bluetooth inside yet, a few CD's to play
64Ms5zw.jpg

DJChuy

Some more pick-ups:

Juanes and Paramore CDs. Juanes is one of my favorite latin artists, and I'm in love with his new audio-visual album. Paramore is also pretty good.

ufZuQ3O.jpg

Some more pops. I'm probably going to collect the whole Guardians of the Galaxy ones. Rocket was given as a gift by my gf, and I couldn't resist Devil Jin.

xx74WWh.jpg

Picked this up at the Chevelle concert. Great concert. Pretty much played the songs people wanted to hear.

d5s0eBW.jpg

Got this at GameStop. My gf and I instantly loved it when we saw it.

Iqxi4ps.jpg

Steam controller, was on sale at Amazon. Importing with them was the easiest experience I've ever had. You pay them import fees at checkout, and they handle it all. Took 6 working days to get here. Crazy fast compared to 3 months+ for the stuff I've bought from Aliexpress. I've seen complaints online that the controller feels cheap and lightweight, but it feels great to me. Granted, my previous 360 controller was cabled, but I think there's nothing wrong with the manufacturing quality. The haptics make a weird sound though, kind of like a groaning frog. The gyro is boss.

It's a sex toy now. :p The rubber cover is nice, but the bumps are unnecessary and it was obviously not designed by anyone who has owned a steam controller. I'll probably make some modifications and cut off the bits around the face buttons and stick.

Clearos

Finally had to put my Acura TL '04 down so got myself a 2016 CrossTrek
YPlPRo1.jpg

Mega Man Pixel Tactics
4iYk8XG.jpg

Digital Titles:
PU:BG
Forts
Tumbleseed

Mooshoo

Neo Member
So I've been a fan of these threads for years now and never contributed. Well, it was my birthday month and I made the Dean's List, so here's some of the goodies that I grabbed over the course of the last week.

s7HYEZu.jpg

theecakee

I'm biased since I have one, but the Dell XPS line is gorgeous. Linux runs beautifully out of the box too.

Yup I'm loving this thing. Guess you saw, but I threw Linux on it immediately since I'm only gonna be using this thing for school, programming, and browsing the web.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

Got me reissues for G1 Megatron (Japanese) and Optimus prime (US). After seeing Megatron is Gun mode I can see why it isn't sold in the US anymore. Had it as a kid but dam it can easily pass as a gun.

Got Fire Emblem Echoes LE, this thing is huge.
rq1EQJu.jpg

mostly because of the art book.
ykiKrXd.jpg

the entire married with children collection
5iQE0Jr.jpg

and some new shoe pickups
adidas parley ultra boost uncaged
gscy9h6.jpg

then I found these adidas eqt support ultra pk on sale, so I bought them as well.
XE6gT2C.jpg

illusionary

I'm rather pleased with a few of these! To get the more mundane out of the way first, here's Skyrim on PS4

qP5L5V5.jpg

The Fire Emblem Echoes Limited Edition:

UQXphBG.jpg

This has taken some effort to get hold of! The NieR: Automata SteelBook for PS4:

ZxIH4Wv.jpg

And finally, my First 4 Figures Breath of the Wild Link figurine:

KNoQI6y.jpg

lem0n

Got the desk, coffee table, and bookcase to finish off getting furniture for my apartment. Having an Ikea 5 miles away is dangerous.

18033535_101546319884a1pue.jpg

And a phone. Midnight Black S8+

18557353_101547103633m9rkx.jpg

TheMoon

pnQE0po.jpg

I just picked this up.

I am a street fighter fan so this was automatic for the Switch.

Glad i bought it.

Would have liked SF4.

The box art is really nice. I'll get this too once it hits a more reasonable price point. I have too many VC versions of SFII and I just use them as an interactive juke box basically :)

But my SFII SNES box disappeared into the void somehow and physically repping the only fighting game I like is always nice. :)

TacosNSalsa

Got me reissues for G1 Megatron (Japanese) and Optimus prime (US). After seeing Megatron is Gun mode I can see why it isn't sold in the US anymore. Had it as a kid but dam it can easily pass as a gun.

Oh man those are nice! I've recently started collecting myself. Do you have any experience with the MP Ultra Magnus? Was thinking of getting that one next..

JEKKI

yo I went to gamestop to pick up this copy of Uncharted 3

PMejgVUm.jpg

it only costed me $3 and came with an instruction booklet for Uncharted 1 inside of it.

this particular gamestop also had a small cabinet of retro games!

including a copy of Contra Hard Corps for $40!

so tempting!!!

I picked up these movies on Blu-ray from the flea market yesterday for a few bucks. 300, Sucker Punch Extended Cut, The Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I got the latter two mainly just to help finish off my Spider-Man and X-Men collections.

eXistor

Which retro convention was it?

It's simply called Retro Game Beurs Tilburg. It's in the Netherlands, they hold them a few times a year and it's literally a sports hall filled with (unfortunately) resellers and collectors selling their stuff. No great deals to be found, but it's definitely not as bad as eBay.

I grew up watching the classic Batman Animated tv series and several others. Been having this urge to get into comics in a serious way and finally decided to. Plus I need some good stuff to read when I travel.
WhXICYd.jpg

Did I get the right stuff comic book expert GAF?

Top Bottom