• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT-Redux| Around the World in 124 Dick Pics

Cheddahz

Banned
Happy holidays everyone! I'm proud to announce that I (finally) completed my piece for the notebook over the weekend and the notebook has been shipped off to Palmer_v1!

Palmer_v1

I gave up on the artistic shit and wrote what I've been feeling lately. Just need to get it repackaged and shipped. Way too easy to procrastinate.

Jhoan

If only the book had technology and moved itself after content was added. The thread title should be changed to Procastinating around the World in 124 Dick Pics. ;p

^^^Holy crap! Congrats man!

Palmer_v1

PAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLMEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

Sooo... I just saw my discord for the first time in like a month, cause I was going to play Ghost Recon with my bro. Why didn't anyone PM me on here!?

I solemnly swear I will not touch another video game until I get this to fedex/post office.

Ourobolus

Banned
Sooo... I just saw my discord for the first time in like a month, cause I was going to play Ghost Recon with my bro. Why didn't anyone PM me on here!?

I solemnly swear I will not touch another video game until I get this to fedex/post office.

I figured you always showed online on Discord that you'd eventually see it.

Jhoan

To be fair, some people on GAF ignore their PMs or take a while to respond to them (read: procrastinate). It's hard to gauge when/if someone is active on GAF aside from their last online date. Regardless of the fact, I'm happy to see that the book is alive and will be moving again. I swear Dudebro II will finally be out by the time the book finally leaves the US!

Jhoan

giphy.gif

NJDEN

I'll let everyone know when I get the book and I'll msg the next person for their address later today.

edit:

The notebook has arrived safely.

edit:

I'm not seeing the flash drive & the disk in the book, or packaging. Not sure if it was lost, or one of the previous recipients took them out and forgot to re-include them. Once I'm done with my pages I'll scan from where the last scanner left off and send those images to Ouroboulus.

NJDEN

Okay, I finished my pages, sent the scans to the email in the OT, and will mail it from the post office tomorrow (21st) and Pops should expect it by this Friday.

I also replaced the box and added new packaging... Unfortunately the new box does not have a nifty NeoGAF logo on it, but it seemed like it was time to retire the previous one.

Ourobolus

Banned
Okay, I finished my pages, sent the scans to the email in the OT, and will mail it from the post office tomorrow (21st) and Pops should expect it by this Friday.

I also replaced the box and added new packaging... Unfortunately the new box does not have a nifty NeoGAF logo on it, but it seemed like it was time to retire the previous one.

Got your email! Shame about the drive and the disc though. :(

Jhoan

While I'm happy the book is moving on already, it totally sucks to hear about the USB stick and CD seemingly gone missing. Those were some of the more creative things in the book along with the hotel key cards and the army patch.

NJDEN

While I'm happy the book is moving on already, it totally sucks to hear about the USB stick and CD seemingly gone missing. Those were some of the more creative things in the book along with the hotel key cards and the army patch.

Key cards and military patches were still there, so that is some good news. I checked the packaging and did not find anything, so I'm betting someone took them out and just forgot to re-include them when they mailed it off.

I thought this would be dead in the water ages ago but damn was this a fun ride even if we crash and burn. Imagine getting this neogaf lore in your hands, the temptation just to keep it, I am sauced as hell keeper of the book I will always be jelly of your tag, whatever user has it pass it on MAYNE, will always be a solider for Neogaf we crashed and burned in the r/place pixel challenge.

Live forever in infamy or die trying.

besada

Banned
Who's got the books? If you have the books, consider my presence and my desire to see them move on, as well as your account, to be strong motivation to send them on to the next person.

Who's got the books? If you have the books, consider my presence and my desire to see them move on, as well as your account, to be strong motivation to send them on to the next person.

Just finished up my entry for the book, had some packaging made for it that isn't worth waiting for at this point so I'll send it on Friday morning and potentially mail the box I made to someone later down the line.

I feel like this is a bit of a meme in this thread at this point, but I'm super sorry for taking so long with it. I did scan everything though, if that's still helpful.

Edit: also there was a USB stick hiding in the CD folder, not sure if that's the one from earlier but there is technically still one in there.

I tried emulating this project in another community cause I thought it was cool but someone who said they could afford shipping costs apparently didnt look up how much it would cost to ship overseas and couldn't afford it so it died after like 4 people, glad something like that didnt happen with this

I tried emulating this project in another community cause I thought it was cool but someone who said they could afford shipping costs apparently didnt look up how much it would cost to ship overseas and couldn't afford it so it died after like 4 people, glad something like that didnt happen with this

Don't jinx it now...

I sent a second book to New Zealand for like 34 dollars and it got "lost" after lastplayed sent it out. If you want to be in on this you should be able to cover some costs.

Edit: I am a liar Ourobolus covered the costs.

Ourobolus

Banned
I sent a second book to New Zealand for like 34 dollars and it got "lost" after lastplayed sent it out. If you want to be in on this you should be able to cover some costs.

:p

Also, Pops has the book, he's doing something with it. Hopefully will be sent out soon enough.

EDIT: oh he posted, oops

It got lost once it reached catmincer in Auckland. There was some excuse about moving house or something? Never trust an Aucklander. :p

NJDEN

Just finished up my entry for the book, had some packaging made for it that isn't worth waiting for at this point so I'll send it on Friday morning and potentially mail the box I made to someone later down the line.

I feel like this is a bit of a meme in this thread at this point, but I'm super sorry for taking so long with it. I did scan everything though, if that's still helpful.

Edit: also there was a USB stick hiding in the CD folder, not sure if that's the one from earlier but there is technically still one in there.

Wow, I can't believe that the USB was in there. I must have completely missed it or didn't check in the pouch.

It has been over 2 years since I filled in my page(s) on the notebook.

Has anyone scanned it and uploaded all the pages recently? Would be a shame to lose... 3? 4? years of work.

Let's see where it goes, I wonder how a pen pal type project would go. I did this on MySpace ages ago and it was fun to get photos/letters from around the world.

Ourobolus

Banned
Just pinged Pops because I'm not entirely sure who he ended up sending it to. I think it would be KhalifaJayy, who may hold a grudge against me, so we'll see :p

By the way, I moved to Seattle in January, so thankfully I got mine out of the way, haha

Jhoan

Just pinged Pops because I'm not entirely sure who he ended up sending it to. I think it would be KhalifaJayy, who may hold a grudge against me, so we'll see :p

By the way, I moved to Seattle in January, so thankfully I got mine out of the way, haha
You mentioned that you applied for a job at Microsoft right? That's great! You get to enjoy big cons such as PAX West and Emerald City Comic Con.

It's coming full circle with the person who originally pitched the idea in the west coast. I'm looking forward to seeing some updated scans.

Top Bottom