• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT-Redux| Around the World in 124 Dick Pics

Jhoan

I think Jipan was the last person to post scans. So everything after him.
I was indeed the last person to scan in the entries. Mines was the last entry made public. Happy to see the book has been moving quickly lately. Keep fighting the good fight on the war against procrastination.

Also to respond to the previous entries in the book...

- PrimaNocta, I choose #37! Prime numbers woo!
- PinkoMarx, I worked on Ghosts so seeing you mention it was neat.
- Oceanic & Soka, good luck on your PhDs! My brother in law is getting his in chemistry in a few weeks (he specializes in NMRI), good luck with yours!
- WhereAreMahDragonz, my brother-in-law above was actually a C130 mechanic in the Air Force before he got tired of not finishing his undergrad because we kept going to war, so he dropped out, got a job as a civil A/P mechanic, then eventually ditched that to go to school full time, and now his PhD. It's a very inspirational story to me.
- Batousai, good luck with your studies and everything!

Ourobolus

Banned
FedEx says it was delivered to Ouro, enjoy the Perler bead figure.

OmDqTw7.jpg

mSKgUG9.jpg

Thanks, dude!

Ourobolus

Banned
2 years ago I had an idea of what to write. I'll think of something. I do have a couple other GAF friends nearby so I may get them to contribute something as well.

I'll get everything scanned and uploaded, and hopefully have it off within about a week.

Jhoan

2 years ago I had an idea of what to write. I'll think of something. I do have a couple other GAF friends nearby so I may get them to contribute something as well.

I'll get everything scanned and uploaded, and hopefully have it off within about a week.
The Keeper of the Book finally gets to keep the book
temporarily. ;)
Good idea to get local GAF members in on it.

It's something I would have loved to have done but I never got around to it and was on a hiatus from organizing GAF meet ups. Another book for sure. PrimaNocta disappeared from the thread!

Some of the more recent entries were a bit hard to read but they were very candid and sincere. It's nice to know that there are other people out there at a crossroads point in their lives. Everyone has to go through that some point.

Oh shit the vessel finally found its way into the hands of one of the OGs, keep it longer than a week we gonna sick the dogs on you!

Ohhhh yeah keep it going mayne!

Ourobolus

Banned
Been a busy week, but I'll hopefully have it out soon. I think my friend is coming over this weekend so hopefully I can get it all knocked out then.

On a totally unrelated note, I figured I'd float this in here since we already have quite a few Notebookers in the GAF Mafia community.

Season 6 signups are starting!

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm aware. I'm leaving for a vacation in a couple weeks so I've been bouncing off the walls trying to get everything ready at work.

Remove my tag if it's not sent out by next weekend. :p

Ourobolus

Banned
All right got my page completed. Finally managed to get the drivers in my surface for my scanner, so I'll get those posted in the next couple days.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm gonna be in Jamaica from June 16-22, so I'm leaving the package with some money for our house sitter to deliver (I had zero time during the week getting all of my work stuff ready for my trip). I'll let you guys know if it gets sent out!

Look what showed up at my house yesterday!
fVCmH7r.jpg

It looks like this box has been traveling with the notebook for quite some time. I'll continue the tradition and send it along in the same box.
The taping job alone was... impressive, to say the least. It took me at least 10 minutes to get the box open ahahaha

nfUKJYb.jpg

Here's what's inside!

WYx0vpm.png

It's a book!

HhtQQD9.png

This thing is THICK.

I still haven't really decided what I want to put in as my entry. Hopefully what's currently included will give me some inspiration.
I'll get started reading on it right away.

I would like to move my spot on the list, as I am physically moving at the end of the week to Los Angeles. :)

Is jumping the queue frowned upon in the US? I sure hope so, cannot stand it myself.

Sorry, everyone! I was hit by the Curse of the Notebook and kept it for way too long.
I've PMed the next person in line and will ship it out asap!

Sorry for the delay, but the notebook is now officially on its way to Charles Alan Ratliff!

Since I kept the book in the same box (that looked like it had also been to a couple of gaffers before me) I decided to screw around and have a little fun with the bottom of the box in the hopes that it would stay with the book and other gaffers could put their own spin on the box as well.

AGcU0Fj.png

It looks like garbage and this was my third attempt at completely respraying it in the hopes of fixing the overspray, but I got annoyed with it and ran out of time so I just threw on two THICK coats of clear lacquer to protect the paint.

If anyone else wants to have a shot at improving this (or if you want to cover it up completely), please be my guest. I made a stencil that you can print and cut out, so let me know if you'd like me to send it to you.

Also, PrimaNocta, I choose #25.
Besada, you made some great music!

Gotcha. I'll update as soon as I can.
Awesome!
Sorry for the delay, but the notebook is now officially on its way to Charles Alan Ratliff!

Since I kept the book in the same box (that looked like it had also been to a couple of gaffers before me) I decided to screw around and have a little fun with the bottom of the box in the hopes that it would stay with the book and other gaffers could put their own spin on the box as well.

AGcU0Fj.png

It looks like garbage and this was my third attempt at completely respraying it in the hopes of fixing the overspray, but I got annoyed with it and ran out of time so I just threw on two THICK coats of clear lacquer to protect the paint.

If anyone else wants to have a shot at improving this (or if you want to cover it up completely), please be my guest. I made a stencil that you can print and cut out, so let me know if you'd like me to send it to you.

Also, PrimaNocta, I choose #25.
Besada, you made some great music!

Awesome!

Top Bottom