• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

sephi22

v4Kx9.jpg

Dark Souls LE.
This is the 49th PS3 game I own. 1 more till 50. I actually bought half a dozen more games over the years which I sold for cheap.

Tuck

Bazhard said:
May i ask how much is it? and is it good for games? im building a PC in feb and cant find a monitor.

It was on sale for $199 at the time. Usually it is 80 bucks more. I haven't played games with it, but I think the response time is 5ms.

The model number is 2509b.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MarkMan said:
Oops, I forgot I got that too...

296113_10150310462093883_507353882_8139403_1935344954_n.jpg
I want to Kazuya-f,N,d/f:2 you right now :(

JORMBO

Darkness no more
oct.jpg

Another Alien Bee 800 Strobe Head + Grid set (in bright pink, of course)
Sekonic 358 Light Meter
Gears of War 3
Ico Collection

Ledsen

nny said:
[IG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/toofhairy/Pick-ups/DSC07389.jpg[/IMG]

DSC07387.jpg

[IG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/toofhairy/Pick-ups/stm-hfp.png[/IMG]

Nice, you got the good (swedish) version of our nation's latest pride and joy :) The book is even better!

Bii

Darkness said:
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8475/oct.jpg

Another Alien Bee 800 Strobe Head + Grid set (in bright pink, of course)
Sekonic 358 Light Meter
Gears of War 3
Ico Collection

I've considered getting the AB800 for quite a while. I may just have to splurge on it before the end of the year. Nice pick-up!

6200836323_6558d2219c_b.jpg

Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy. $19.99
The Transformers films are a guilty pleasure of mine. I didn't get to see Dark of the Moon while it was on the big screen but figured I could use that money spent on purchasing the Blu-Ray itself once it releases. Oh, I'd also like to mention that I love these easy-to-peel stickers that are slapped on the slipcovers/cases. Those stickers didn't leave a residue after removal unlike other Blu-Rays that I've bought. Seen above, before and after picture of the sticker removal.

6201347144_f3cf5fd3d6_b.jpg

Dragon Warrior I & II. Game Boy Color. $20.50
Having only played a bit of Dragon Warrior VII and completing Dragon Quest VIII, I wanted to explore the roots of the franchise. $20 for a complete copy is good enough for me. I booted the game up real quick to see if the battery needs replacing and as it turns out, it doesn't! I'll have to find some time to fit this game into my schedule between some other games I'm playing and the releases that are due this month and November.

Ledsen

Bii said:
I've considered getting the AB800 for quite a while. I may just have to splurge on it before the end of the year. Nice pick-up!

[ig]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6028/6200836323_6558d2219c_b.jpg[/img]

Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy. $19.99
The Transformers films are a guilty pleasure of mine. I didn't get to see Dark of the Moon while it was on the big screen but figured I could use that money spent on purchasing the Blu-Ray itself once it releases. Oh, I'd also like to mention that I love these easy-to-peel stickers that are slapped on the slipcovers/cases. Those stickers didn't leave a residue after removal unlike other Blu-Rays that I've bought. Seen above, before and after picture of the sticker removal.

6201347144_f3cf5fd3d6_b.jpg

Dragon Warrior I & II. Game Boy Color. $20.50
Having only played a bit of Dragon Warrior VII and completing Dragon Quest VIII, I wanted to explore the roots of the franchise. $20 for a complete copy is good enough for me. I booted the game up real quick to see if the battery needs replacing and as it turns out, it doesn't! I'll have to find some time to fit this game into my schedule between some other games I'm playing and the releases that are due this month and November.

Awesome, awesome games, and the remakes are top notch. Enjoy!

speedline

Banned
It's a great time for comics imo. Picked these up over the last few weeks. DC brought me back to the world of comics for the first time since 1995 and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

IMG_5034.jpg
[/IMG]

DeVeAn

Dark Schala said:
I collected them from when I was 8 (1996) to when I turned 15 (2003; I did pick them up every now and then but they weren't too compelling since the writing wasn't as good as it was before), and then I started collecting them again a few months ago since I heard the stories had gotten better (due to Flynn's writing) and the art had improved (I think I heard about the improvements in one of the Sonic threads). I heard the Sonic X stuff is pretty good as well, so if I find those I'll be sure to pick them up. I'm just happy that, when I was younger, I got to collect the Knuckles comics and the NiGHTS comics before they went out of print. :D

It's really nice to see Patrick Spaziante on board for the Sonic Genesis issues (like, not just doing the cover art) as well. I really liked his work when I was younger. The Mega Man art he's doing is fantastic.
Spaz is beast. Yea I haven't read them in years been collecting ever since so yes I own every single issue even the Sally mini series...lol. I remember Spaz did the Canon Spike cover for Gamefan.

luffeN

_dementia said:
Great DS acquisitions! I'm playing through Ghost Trick right now. It's excellent.
I somehow had an urge to play some more DS games on my 3DS after beating 9 9 9 once. Have played Kirby for half an hour and it's fun. Need to start Ghost Trick :D

Snkfanatic said:
Nice, mind sharing the frame manufacturer?
Those are Nike sports glasses. Played indoor soccer last night and they sat tight.

TxdoHawk

_dementia said:
How much of an improvement do you feel they are?

I didn't get the same exact parts as this guy, but I bought the same FightStick and upgraded the stick/buttons...to me, upgrading the buttons was like night and day. Did not feel the stock buttons were responsive enough. In comparison, I didn't have nearly as many complaints about the stock stick.

The only thing is: After the cost of parts + the SE stick, I could've just bought a TE stick. It was nice to spread the expenditure out though.

Risible

.hacked said:
r9rd6f.jpg

Mac Mini Server (2011) - 2.0ghz i7, 4gb ram and 500gb x 2 HDD set up in RAID 0.

Wait, do you have the internal HD and an external Firewire HD set up as a RAID? Or is there a way to put two HDs internal to the unibody mini?

TxdoHawk

Risible said:
Wait, do you have the internal HD and an external Firewire HD set up as a RAID? Or is there a way to put two HDs internal to the unibody mini?

The OS X Server Mac Minis come with two internal drives.

nny

Ledsen said:
Nice, you got the good (swedish) version of our nation's latest pride and joy :) The book is even better!

I just finished watching it; I quite like it, it's surprisingly beautiful.

hawt

_dementia said:
How much of an improvement do you feel they are?
There's clearly a difference between the stock parts and the Sanwa buttons and joystick; which is a good thing. I literally had to punch the buttons before I made the switch. I felt like I was breaking the thing just so I could play effectively. (Maybe I was doing it wrong...? Lol.) But yeah, overall the Sanwa parts feel a lot nicer. It's definitely one of the best investments I've made and I'd recommend others to give it a go (or just buy a fight stick with Sanwa parts).

someone picked up one of these a month or two ago and I posted how jealous I was, sooooo, I went out and got one myself

o8tq1j.jpg

2011 Subaru Forester

WARP10CK

Banned
c91bdada.jpg
[/IMG]

Star Wars the unfucked edition I am boycotting the blu-rays this contains the original theatrical cut, I am still waiting for Empire Strikes Back should have it next week.

Mutagenic said:
valkyrie.jpg

Two amazing games. Why didn't someone tell me how much better RR for PSP is than the 3DS version?!.

Is it, now....

I bought Ridge Racer 3D when I bought Starfox and I've played more Ridge Racer than Starfox thus far, my first Ridge Racer game; I'm really digging it. Might have to check out the PSP release.

.hacked

Risible said:

it has 2 500gigs inside, external is a 1tb backup drive.

Lombax

Banned
WARP10CK said:
Star Wars the unfucked edition I am boycotting the blu-rays this contains the original theatrical cut, I am still waiting for Empire Strikes Back should have it next week.

./highfive

I picked them all up last month as well. protip both the widescreen and 4:3 editions have the theatrical widescreen release on the second DVD. enjoy.

Wario64 said:
Should have picked up Ridge Racers 2 instead.
Don't know where he lives, but they didn't even release that game in North America.

And yes, the PSP launch game is fucking great. Still probably my favorite PSP racer.

Top Bottom