• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Murkas

Would like to thank the people who recommended this game in the Kirby thread I made. Having so much fun, kinda makes me sad that I missed it when I first had a GB :(

c9C1C.jpg

Used the left over money to buy this

IKr0s.jpg

Murkas said:
Would like to thank the people who recommended this game in the Kirby thread I made. Having so much fun, kinda makes me sad that I missed it when I first had a GB :(

c9C1C.jpg

Kirby's dreamland is still a great game.

Ledsen

Murkas said:

c9C1C.jpg

Used the left over money to buy this

IKr0s.jpg

Are virtual console games still tied the console and not any type of user account?

JEKKI

Amazon deal of the day!!

aka... Shane BOMBAhausen~!!

cf84bd5d48584eb8ad09ef68c16e93cc_7.jpg

also picked up 2 games at this classic gaming collectors event last nite...

I want a Commodore monitor now!!

1702 or 1084...? which one is the best?!?!?!

Acidote

FloppyDelux said:
Kirby's dreamland is still a great game.

I still have some kind of... remorse...

Back when I was a kid, I had a GB Pocket with Kirby's Dream Land for Christmas. I finished the game before any of my parents or brothers woke up.

Spookie

speedline said:
It's a great time for comics imo. Picked these up over the last few weeks. DC brought me back to the world of comics for the first time since 1995 and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

<WALL O COMICS>

Dude. There was me thinking I bought too many this month haha. :)

Aguirre

nOgyA.jpg

berserk anime official ost
wEDlv.jpg

bonus: when i was in aberdeen, recovering a smashed nissan pick up with my land cruiser
abFrc.png

Rh3L3.jpg

One Piece: Thought I'd see what the fuss was about. It's alright. Typical kinda daft shonen stuff.

Deus Ex: It was £17 on Amazon so I thought I'd bite. It's pretty cool, although any attempt at stealth always results in a shoot out for me. The Detroit Police Station is now completely unstaffed.

Disgaea 4: Couldn't wait for the PAL release (November?!) so I imported it. Hell yeahs :D Roll on DLC, though.

Murkas

Ledsen said:
Are virtual console games still tied the console and not any type of user account?

Not sure, I'm guessing it would be like the Wii and DSi and be hardware only (I linked my club Nintendo account with the 3DS so maybe that can work?), don't know why Nintendo are akward when it comes to this stuff.

Hopefully someone who knows more about the subject can answer your question.

Acidote said:
I still have some kind of... remorse...

Back when I was a kid, I had a GB Pocket with Kirby's Dream Land for Christmas. I finished the game before any of my parents or brothers woke up.

I'm on Mt. Dedede right now, I can say that you made a great choice. Game is so fun.

guest1321

mblitek said:
Is that the GT5 Edition PS3?
As I recall the GT5 version was a much darker blue and slightly metallic? Or maybe it was called "metallic blue" and wasn't metallic at all. Either way, that is way to blue to be it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
mailgooglecom.jpg

Finished Ready Player One, highly recommended.

Got Uncharted Dual Pack for $25 at Best Buy. I have never played either game.

300 pages into Reamde and still a looong way to go. It is massive.

Blackheim

MiniBossman said:
Looks like it must be a domestic licencee not the Japanese release.

No, not a JP release without the VAP logo/info now that I take a closer look at it. I dig the foil on the slipcase though. Either way, damn good soundtrack :D

Hanzou

Guileless said:

Besides Reamde being long, how is it?

Guileless said:
mailgooglecom.jpg

Good call on Uncharted DP. Is U2 the GOTY version?

Tomodachi

moop2000 said:
The U.S.?
Yep, I know it's the U.S. because I looked at his profile :D
That's definitely something you would not see here in Italy. And they only sell retro games? That's amazing, I'm so jealous :O

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
JEKKI said:
Amazon deal of the day!!

aka... Shane BOMBAhausen~!!

cf84bd5d48584eb8ad09ef68c16e93cc_7.jpg

also picked up 2 games at this classic gaming collectors event last nite...

I want a Commodore monitor now!!

1702 or 1084...? which one is the best?!?!?!

Nice! You went to C3? Also man, Guardian Legend is so good.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
guest1321 said:
As I recall the GT5 version was a much darker blue and slightly metallic? Or maybe it was called "metallic blue" and wasn't metallic at all. Either way, that is way to blue to be it.

It looks like he had flash on, that's how mine looks when I take flash photography.

Zwei

Apenheul said:
nesgames.jpg

Good to see so many old games in this thread, I love RETRO-GAF!

Double Dragon II and NES Open? So good, man. You've inspired me to finally get a NES clone.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Hanzou said:
Besides Reamde being long, how is it?

It's definitely a Neal Stephenson book. You'll probably either love it or hate it based on whether you click with his distinctive style. I agree with this line from the NYT's review:

Stephenson’s novels have always been a little nuts, but thoughtfully nuts. That he is even able to keep this big, careening, recreational-­vehicular novel on the road during its hairpin narrative turns says a lot about him as a plot juggler and information wrangler.

Good call on Uncharted DP. Is U2 the GOTY version?

According to the box, yes. And it includes a voucher for Uncharted 3 DLC. I'm looking forward to finally playing the series.

guest1321

MarkMan said:
It looks like he had flash on, that's how mine looks when I take flash photography.
Since you said that I went and looked around on the web. It does not look nearly as dark as I had thought. I think that probably is then!

mike23

omgkitty said:
DAMN YOU! I wanted one so bad, but I couldn't honestly spend that much money on a poster, and it sold out in under 2 minutes! That's absolutely insane. I could definitely see that poster going for over a grand easy.

The person who runs that website is a terrible businessman. I can understand how a somewhat limited supply could be beneficial to the company's image, but when posters sell out in <10 minutes and then half of them end up on ebay 10 minutes later, you're just leaving money on the table like a fool. There are dozens of posters that I would have bought from that site, but since I don't follow the site news every minute of the day and spam F5, I've never gotten any. It's ridiculous.

mike23 said:
The person who runs that website is a terrible businessman. I can understand how a somewhat limited supply could be beneficial to the company's image, but when posters sell out in <10 minutes and then half of them end up on ebay 10 minutes later, you're just leaving money on the table like a fool. There are dozens of posters that I would have bought from that site, but since I don't follow the site news every minute of the day and spam F5, I've never gotten any. It's ridiculous.

Not entirely their fault - getting the licenses from the studio, it's understood that each poster will be a limited run, to not impede with whatever sale/production of posters the studio themselves were doing. Just so happens that people go fucking apeshit for Mondo's posters.

Ainaurdur

Late September Selection. Didn't get a chance to post these sooner.

b3kbuq.jpg

Fringe Seasons 2 and 3. Had to catch up before 4 started!

72r284.jpg
2hcf79u.jpg

Top Bottom