• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Sophia

I got used to stealth editing in PersonaGAF, and had to break the habit for Mafia.

I go back to PersonaGAF after Mafia, and I got used to double posting to add information, so I had to break the habit for posting there.

It's a never ending cycle of bad Linkin Park songs breaking one habit after another. ;_;

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Most scumtells are just plausible excuses to lynch someone who disagrees with you. The rest are wrong.

Ourobolus

Banned
You just played a game of mafia with me. You should know by now that redundancy describes almost everything I type! D:
I'm Numb to it right now, but In the End I'm happy I've found Somewhere I Belong. Even though I stress out to the point of feeling Faint, I am always Crawling back for the next game.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As a side note, I never had the chance to read the S5 games conclusions. Did they seem balanced? How did the vetting process work?

RetroMG

As a side note, I never had the chance to read the S5 games conclusions. Did they seem balanced? How did the vetting process work?

Love Boat was great, no complaints.
Phoenix Wright was good except opinions varied on the Serial Killer/Cop role.
Disney Princess' town steamrolled the scum team, but I don't think that was a balance problem so much as really strong play from the Town team. (Someone correct me if this is wrong.)

The vetting system seems sound on the whole, though I feel there were some hiccups in Season 5. It seems to be mostly going well for S6, though.

SalvaPot

Let we tell you about a game called WWE...

2e3.gif

roytheone

Batman was tweaked by Bear though. It makes sense it was the most balanced out of the three.

pfff, I could have just ignored his advice and keep the 4 kings, 2 recruiters, 5 cops and the unkillable watcher serial killer combo that also had a fake major reveal. But I didn't.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm floating some ideas for the mid-season, and I was wondering whether people preferred the idea of Jojo mafia or Game of Thrones mafia?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We talked about GoT mafia a few pages ago, I'd totally be willing to help with it if you need it

my only concern with GoT is that it has almost too much flavour for its own good; I'd worry it'd end up being some multi-faction cultist monstrosity with a bajillion roles and weird interactions and seven fools. I think to do it well, you'd have to pick a fairly limited scenario.

RetroMG

I'd worry it'd end up being some multi-faction cultist monstrosity with a bajillion roles and weird interactions and seven fools.

Remind me to talk to you later about Gafia 2036.

Why yes, I do just say things like this to tease the community. <3

my only concern with GoT is that it has almost too much flavour for its own good; I'd worry it'd end up being some multi-faction cultist monstrosity with a bajillion roles and weird interactions and seven fools. I think to do it well, you'd have to pick a fairly limited scenario.

I have faith

You say that like it's a bad thing

roytheone

I think the most important thing with such a game is to be completely up front about it and say: "guys, this shit is barely a mafia game, so only join if you just want to have some insane fun, not if you actually want to play mafia". I think there is totally a place for such an experience as long as it is very clear up front.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If there's other people discussing a GoT, I don't want to steal their thunder. Plus, I have some pretty good ideas for a Jojo game, so I'll probably stick with that anyway. I'll try getting it ready for 6.5.

If there's other people discussing a GoT, I don't want to steal their thunder. Plus, I have some pretty good ideas for a Jojo game, so I'll probably stick with that anyway. I'll try getting it ready for 6.5.

you can take the helm on this, crab

me and ouro and palmer and retro took the direction through to a very weird place, and i think the theme is best in your capable hands (and dragi's)

Top Bottom