• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | 2016 Edition

LakeEarth

I'm 2 trophies away from the Rocket League platinum trophy.

#1 - the "all cars" trophy, I didn't realize I had to win a game with different car models to get this last car. I kept thinking it would randomly unlock eventually like every other car did.

#2 - play with a friend. Once I'm home and have the time, I'll go to the Rocket League OT and find someone who's willing to go through the trouble of playing a game with me.

I am also well on my way to the SF5 platinum trophy. However, the 1 million "fight money" trophy will take a while, as I have no intention of playing "Extreme" survival more than once (to get the Gold trophy attached to beating it). It'll just take time.

DarkLS1

damn this bronze I just earned was tough in dantes inferno

"It's in the Trial"
Beat 25 different single player and 15 different two-player EA trials

So glad its over

Drayco21

I'm 2 trophies away from the Rocket League platinum trophy.

#1 - the "all cars" trophy, I didn't realize I had to win a game with different car models to get this last car. I kept thinking it would randomly unlock eventually like every other car did.

#2 - play with a friend. Once I'm home and have the time, I'll go to the Rocket League OT and find someone who's willing to go through the trouble of playing a game with me.

I am also well on my way to the SF5 platinum trophy. However, the 1 million "fight money" trophy will take a while, as I have no intention of playing "Extreme" survival more than once (to get the Gold trophy attached to beating it). It'll just take time.

The play with a friend trophy is the only one I'm missing too; if you want to shoot me a friend request sometime (Drayco90 on PSN), I'd be down for a match.

I feel like I got the Rocket League friend trophy by using my second account, having a friend use it on my second controller and then us going online together.

But using a GAF friend is probably easier :p

oggob

Update 1.2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New
Best Day has been added to the March Summary for each proflle who achieved the highest point scoring day last month.

The Monthly Update has also received the same data for each profile to show what each person's highest scoring day.

Updates
All Tables have been reposted, in light of a few more details on how PSN Profiles calculates data, I re-jigged all my calculations to fall more closely in line with how the site operates.

All Point Summaries are now based on the difference between the last day of each month and not the first day of each month, as the website count for trophies on any given day is shown to be the end of day figures.

Levels Data, was previously showing the Level and Percentage from the beginning of the posted month, this has now been updated to show levels at the end of the month.

Top 10 Data layout was updated, 4 months across by 3 down, this allows the overall list to be abit more detailed, so everyone can find their score range

With all tables being reposted after the calculation changes, there will be movements for some agents, some for better and some for the worse (I apologise to those that dropped positions). The Winners of each month all still reminded the same.

Profiles
1 GAF Account assigned to a PSN Profile
4 New PSN Profiles have been captured, updated into the workbooks and ready to slot in from the next new month.

General Workbooks
After the changes above, there are no further plans to update the workbooks for any major future modifications in mind. The dust is settled and from now on everything focuses to the monthly updates, etc.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm not usually a trophy hunter, but I do love going for trophies/platinums when I beat a game and know it won't be something impossible for myself. Got my Bloodborne platinum last week finally! (damn you Defilied Watch Dog of the Old Lords! He took me forever and almost got me to give in :X)

Now working on Demon's Souls platinum to keep me hyped til DS3 next week lol. Things seem to be going well on the collection front of Rings and Weapons (actually just got done with most world tendency events, both white and black). Those weapon crafting trophies look like they are gonna be the death of me. Most aren't that bad considering I got a Pure stone for many of the ores, but damn I'm never gonna find that Pure Bladestone, took me 4 hours or so of grinding even to get a few chunks so far and that was with Pure Black tendency -_____-

libregkd

Nice to see a new thread! Surprises me that I ended up coming in the top 5 for February but I guess that is usually a slow month for people lol.

I'm close to finally getting my Platinum in P4AU. I just need to get through 1 character's challenges and I'm golden.

#109 Vanquish. Man, glad that's over. Challenge 6 was absolutely ridiculous. Good thing youtube exists these days, without the right strategy i don't think i could have beaten it.

Tapejara

Platinum #44 Tales from the Borderlands - I honestly don't know what to say; this game was amazing. I thought I was sick of the Telltale formula, but by the time I finished the first episode I was hooked. Easy platinum too!

Hypron

Damn just when I finish Dark Souls III and bring my completion ratio back to 100% the Binding of Isaac DLC comes out and brings it down again :(

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Same. I bought and started playing Ghostbusters two days after the online went down. :/

I got 12 of 13 Trophies for Playstation Home. I will never be able to complete that last trophy so it will remain in my profile, a testament to my lack of commitment that will taunt me until the day i die. I got over it eventually, some things will remain unfinished and that's that. Also i'm gonna try to platinum MGSV, doesn't seem too hard except getting an S every mission.

Hypron

God damn, I gave up on that 100% dream years ago.

Haha I gave up on it on my xbox profile but when I finally got a PS4 I thought I'd try to keep it at 100%. I only finished TBOI because I started playing it before making that decision so I'm not too stoked about having to play it even more. It's a good enough game but the trophies are too time consuming...

Tapejara

Same. I bought and started playing Ghostbusters two days after the online went down. :/

That's shitty. I think SOCOM Confrontation and MAG were the first games that locked me out of my 100%. I also started F.E.A.R. 2 a few days before the Gamespy closure was announced, but by then I didn't have the time to start and finish the multiplayer.

At this point I have way too many games tied to my profile to even attempt it anyway. So many games with multiplayer trophies too; doubt I'll ever finish stuff like Binary Domain, Inversion and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Haha I gave up on it on my xbox profile but when I finally got a PS4 I thought I'd try to keep it at 100%. I only finished TBOI because I started playing it before making that decision so I'm not too stoked about having to play it even more. It's a good enough game but the trophies are too time consuming...

Lol yeah, that's a time consuming platinum. Good luck keeping everything at 100% :).

Consumer

#51 Hotline Miami 2. The game itself isn't that hard -- only a 6/10 at most -- but due to inconsistent mechanics and RNG, it felt like a 9/10 sometimes because things would just never go my way. Fun game, but glad it's over.

Next up is PSASBR (vita). I just boosted the online trophies, so only the Arcade Mode grind remains. Shoutout to gaffer DarkLs1 for the boosting assistance. Matchmaking gave us way too much trouble, but everything worked out well surprisingly.

Fisty

damn this bronze I just earned was tough in dantes inferno

"It's in the Trial"
Beat 25 different single player and 15 different two-player EA trials

So glad its over

Spamming crosses is how i finished that. One of the hardest bronzes i think.

JSoup

Banned
Also i'm gonna try to platinum MGSV, doesn't seem too hard except getting an S every mission.

Having never played the game myself, but watched a friend stream, I'm under the impression the S ranks are easy to get if you abuse mechanics and Quite.

Joni

Those sports games should never get online trophies. My first impossible one is FIFA 09 where they stopped some competetion long before they shut down the servers.

oggob

Platinum #83 : BigFest

*sigh* I wanted to like this more than it turned out, needed to be more like Theme Park with R&D and things like that...

But it's modern mobile type influenced, lots of grinding for cash to level up, but the social links and setlist options are broken, so technically you can't 100% in game anymore, the Platinum doesn't require 100%.

So much potential but it really falls short...

I'd like to be added.

http://psnprofiles.com/StrangeInStereo

I basically stopped going for trophies when Destiny came out since that was all I played. But I've been getting into it again and I've been having a ton of fun. Really close to the Dark Souls III platinum and to my platinum #100.

After that I'll probably keep playing Dark Souls III for a while, game is fantastic and I want to have several builds/characters near end game for when the DLC drops.

DryvBy

Since starting this month, I've managed to (after a few hours longer) platinum Bloodborne. I'm almost level 32 finally.

Platinum #114 - Lego Marvel's Avengers.

Took me about 25 hours to finish, never really got boring either. Also got the 100% on the 3 dlc packs that are out right now.

Up next, Toren, Volume and Firewatch!

Just got my 10,000 trophy. God that's a lot of trophies XD
Surprisingly it ended up being the U3 platinum on PS4. Ready for U4!

Drayco21

I'm doing pretty alright this month;

Platinum #21- Rocket League

Ended up grinding botless, 1 score to win AI matches to get all the customization parts to get those trophies, and then wrapped things up by playing a match online with a friend; another pretty easy list for a pretty fun game. I'd probably never have gotten that gold item unlock trophy naturally though.

Platinum #22- The Wolf Among Us

I really dislike the Telltale-style of adventure game, and I found Fables itself to be pretty disappointing and lost interest in it quickly, despite the fantastic premise, so on paper, The Wolf Among Us should be something I have no interest in. I'm glad I gave it a shot though, because I really enjoyed it; way more than either elements making it up. Super easy trophies too; slightly harder than Walking Dead, but only in the sense that there are a couple trophies that can actually be missed.

RyoonZ

Banned
Finally hitting 10000 milestone
Started from April 2011

EBeyq1Z.jpg

oggob

Ha! I'm coming upto 7,000... only 3000+ more to go, I'll be there by about 2019 by my rate... ;)

Wow, that is still a long time!

-----

Update : 17/04/16

On Leaderboard stuff... I finally sat down to get export captures for Jan and Feb, so I will look to post them over the coming days.

Inactive accounts, there are a few accounts that have registered no increases for 3 straight months, in the event that an account has no change in 6mths, I'm going to cull it from the lists going forward.

Everything is going reasonably smoothly and I'm currently ready to go for April.

Thank you oggob and all the other people for putting in all the hard work and making this thread legit again.

Playing more Xbox and PC now but trophies are still part of the deal for me, just not as focused as before.... ;) . Going to Japan until the end of the month so it will probably be just Vita stuff for me

Platinum #115 - Ratchet & Clank

Easy and fun plat. Had to play through the game 3 times to fully upgrade everything and get all the card sets. The game becomes really easy at a certain point when all the weapons are close to being maxed out, so that 3rd playthough was really fast. Think it took me about 17-18 hours to get the plat.

Easy and fun plat. Had to play through the game 3 times to fully upgrade everything and get all the card sets. The game becomes really easy at a certain point when all the weapons are close to being maxed out, so that 3rd playthough was really fast. Think it took me about 17-18 hours to get the plat.
Nice! Comes out in the UK on the 22nd. Hoping to plat it before month end. I tried it at a demo kiosk today. It's so beautiful!

Joni

Good news, I think I'm getting it next week so it is nice that it is an easy platinum.

#110 Gravity Rush: Remastered. It hasn't been too long since i played the vita version (almost 2 years) but i'm very impressed with this remaster. It played ALOT better than it did on the vita. Now the wait for Gravity Rush 2 begins.

Just got Platinum #12: Senran Kagura Estival Versus not sure if I'm supposed to be thrilled or ashamed. Should also be able to get Ratchet and Clank's Platinum soon since I just have to do the various challenge mode trophies for that one.

Windforce

That's shitty. I think SOCOM Confrontation and MAG were the first games that locked me out of my 100%. I also started F.E.A.R. 2 a few days before the Gamespy closure was announced, but by then I didn't have the time to start and finish the multiplayer.

At this point I have way too many games tied to my profile to even attempt it anyway. So many games with multiplayer trophies too; doubt I'll ever finish stuff like Binary Domain, Inversion and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Lol yeah, that's a time consuming platinum. Good luck keeping everything at 100% :).

My trophy completion is around 69%.

Theoretically the only currently unachievables in my list are a couple of Fifa 13 trophies (and the platinum), also Burn Zombie Burn DLC that never got released (doH!).

But there are also stupidly difficult trophies I might as well kiss goodbye, such as:
Uncharted 3 multiplayer DLC (I got plat and 51%)
Uncharted 2 multiplayer DLC
Uno's top 50 in the world leaderboard trophy (haha)
Elder Scrolls Online's Emperor trophy

And lots of others.

With some effort I could shoot for 90% completion, but my 100% ship sailed long ago. It's kinda good it happened though, so I can play whatever I like, no fear.

Top Bottom