• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | 2016 Edition

daevv

A lot of easy trophy games in the current Mid Year NA sale. Anyone play Claire on PS4/Vita? It has a plat on both, wondering how was the game, and how easy the trophies are? No actual guides anywhere.

Edit: Also anyone have any experience with the PS4 game Wand Wars?

daevv

It's a lot of fun but if you're aiming for the Plat expect a fair amount of luck and time to go into achieving some of the situations needed.

Thanks! I'm gonna pass on it for now. Leaning towards Yomawari: Night Alone, Puzzle Showdown 4K, Claire (cross buy) this week. Two Vita and two PS4 games. :)

Already bought and completed last week:
Adam's Venture
Energy Cycle
1000 Top Rated

Bought but haven't started:
The Flame in the Flood
PlayStation Vita Pets

Melchiah

Just beat the last boss in Let It Die, and it became the rarest trophy I have currently.

CwfVBMf.jpg

xuchu

mhckaslooc8z.jpg

Wanted a relatively hard and mechanically intensive game to be my 50th platinum. Metal Gear Rising was purely exhilarating once you get the perfect Parry timings down so you can do them without thinking. S ranking revengeance mode and getting no damage bosses felt amazing and rewarding when eventually done after some practice. VR missions were hard but fun too. Incredible dynamic boss music too. Kept it really motivating when going for the no damage runs.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Was looking to finish sniper ghost warrior 3 this weekend only had a little bit of cleanup left and now the games jank is directly affecting my ability to complete it
I need a handful of collectibles yet
If I search an areas map that is different than the one I'm on ( I.e. I'm on dam and search through the village map) the collectibles show up on the map. Once I fast travel to the next area (i.e. travel from dam to village to get said collectibles) the collectible icons disappear and I have trouble even finding them at all.
Is this a normal issue?
Is there a fix?

Edit: I followed a video and that worked Idk why it wouldn't work properly but whatever I'm done with this game now

Managed to get both this and energy cycle done last night
Puts me at 53 total

sphinx

the piano man
has anyone tried platinuming the games in the Crash Bandicot trilogy??

any report? hard, fun easy?

I'v never played any of them and just watched a trailer, I'd like to try them.

I3rand0

has anyone tried platinuming the games in the Crash Bandicot trilogy??

any report? hard, fun easy?

I'v never played any of them and just watched a trailer, I'd like to try them.

I have all three platinums and the later sequels are much easier than the original.

Here's how I would rate them difficulty wise:

Crash 1 - 9/10 - the Dark Souls of platform games. Physics seem off to me compared to the original and platforming requires precision to complete most jumps. Levels are long and you have to destroy all boxes/crates for clear gems and many later levels can take up to 5 minutes or more to complete. You also have to get colored gems (all boxes again but no deaths allowed) in later levels (the hardest ones) to go back to earlier levels and get some clear gems. You then have time trials to earn gold relics which is completing the level as fast as possible to beat a benchmark time.
Crash 2 - 8/10 - Easier than the first. Crash has more moves, the levels aren't as difficult, but some of the clear gems require significant backtracking (i.e. Cold Hard Crash) taking multiple paths within a level. You get speed shoes by beating the game which helps cuts down some of the difficulty with the relics.
Crash 3 - 7/10 - If you can get the first two platinums this game is even easier. You get access to even more moves such as a double jump. There's a lot of vehicle gimmick level stages that have bad controls, but it's not as bad as the first.

mstevens

It has been a few months since I've posted in here, so here are the games I've completed since my last post.

Platinum #63 - Final Fantasy XIII-2
I actually really liked this game. I'm in the minority I think, but I love the FF13 battle system (the game has its faults in other areas) and the battle system is even more refined in this game. I also love the music and aesthetic of these games. Having a monster you can change as the 3rd party member was cool too. I'll probably revisit this game at some point.

Platinum #64 - The Wither 3: Wild Hunt
I got really burned by Dragon Age Inquisition a couple years ago and have been wary of WRPGs ever since. I don't really like Skyrim either. Putting this game off was a huge mistake, though. What a masterpiece. The biggest takeaway from me regarding the platinum was that this game was meant to be played on the highest difficulty. Once you get used to it and past the first area, the difficulty levels off and the combat is much more fun than it would have been had it been easier.

Platinum #65 - Nier: Automata
I really enjoyed some aspects of this game (story and aesthetic) and some aspects not so much (repetitiveness). Gonna be honest here, I definitely bought some of the more time consuming trophy requirements from the in game shop. I probably wouldn't have if I wasn't burning out on the game so quickly. I'll have to go back and play the first one at some point.

Platinum #66 - Persona 5
Hmmm. I feel as though I need to let this one breathe a bit before I really nail down my opinion of it. In theory this should be my favorite Persona game. I played P4G in 2013 and P3P a few months later and adored both of them. P4 is probably in my top 10 favorite games now. Persona 5 does so many things better than 4 (combat, dungeons, style [subjective]) yet it didn't hit me the same way. I think the only party character I liked compared to their counterparts in previous games was Makoto. The pacing seemed way off in this game and I haven't been this burnt out towards the end of a platinum in quite awhile. I had almost the opposite experience in...

Platinum #67 - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
I think my playtime when I hit the platinum was around 70 hours, but somehow I wish it would keep going. No burn out what-so-ever. The 2x-4x speed increases made grinding and filling out the bestiary a breeze when it could have been so tedious. I played this game only up until the Tomb of Raithwall back on PS2, but I couldn't stop this time. Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite game of all time, so it was great to return to Ivalice, and I think they did the world building and atmosphere it's just due. This is a game I will return to in the future for challenge runs or unique build playthroughts. Amazing game.

mstevens

Platinum #68 - Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
I think I need a break from JRPGs for a bit lol 3 really long ones back-to-back-back. I actually started this game about a year ago, but got distracted around the Fairygrounds and shelved it for awhile. I really liked the game. The post game was very grindy (thank god for podcasts) but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Managed to get everything done in less than 70 hours. I really enjoyed how it was always clear where to go next and that there were no miss-able items.. was refreshing not to feel an urge to check a guide at any point during the story. I'm still looking forward to the next game, although my initial impressions is a little iffy. The combat in this game wasn't perfect by any means, but I'm worried they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I also am not a fan of the world map character design, especially since this game nailed it so well. I'll still give it a chance, though.

Not sure what I'm going to play next on PSN. Planning on getting Sonic Mania and Mario Rabbits on Switch this month.. My friend wants me to get Everybody's Golf but I doubt I'll go for the platinum on that.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
3 plats in the last month
Ffxv finally got into it ploughed my way through
Tekken 7 a fantastic 10 hours volcanos and all
Bloodborne after putting this down for almost a year I spent about 2 weeks bursting through the plat now just have to run through old hunters

August so far is looking like
Evolve since I bought that damn humble bundle
Bf4 forcing myself through the dumb campaign
Injustice 2 if I can get my head around the meter burn trophies and hopefully luck out in koth matches (speaking of if a couple people would wanna help out I wouldn't be upset lol)

sphinx

the piano man
I need to ask you trophy hunters, is anyone here playing Everybody's Golf (the game that came out some days ago, not past iterations) ?

is there any kind of trophies that requires another human being to have them unlocked?

(Local or online co-op/MP, multiple accounts on your PS4)

I need to ask your trophy hunters, is anyone here playing Everybody's Golf (the game that came out some days ago, not past iterations) ?

is there any kind of trophies that requires another human being to have them unlocked?

(Local or online co-op/MP, multiple accounts on your PS4)
No multiplayer trophies, and the only online one unlocks literally the first time you enter the online mode so it's a complete non-issue! :)

sphinx

the piano man
yesterday I platinum'd Final Fantasy X HD.

I didn't mind the grinding that much because that's how I am as a gamer, but the Complete Sphere Grid thing has no place being a trophy, that's EXACTLY how you shouldn't do trophies. mindless grinding, with no relation to the core gameplay or story.

it belongs together in the trash can with shit trophies like "jump for 10'000'00 times" in platformers or "collect 999999 of this useless thing".

otherwise, very enjoyable.

Thanks!!

Yes, did Old Hunters prior.

Getting Beasts Claw was only item I needed for platinum.

nice to hear about people beating Orphan, Ludwig and Laurence.

Joni

I didn't mind the grinding that much because that's how I am as a gamer, but the Complete Sphere Grid thing has no place being a trophy, that's EXACTLY how you shouldn't do trophies. mindless grinding, with no relation to the core gameplay or story.

If you do Penance as a legit fight instead of Yojimbo, it is a must though.

sphinx

the piano man
I just noticed this thread is the 2016 edition

was there ever a 2017 edition??

also, I am on my way to platinum Everybody's Golf, just waiting for the daily events to happen.

what I was meaning to ask here, to those with experience in both games:

what platinum is harder to get, Everybody's Golf or Bloodborne??

in EG, I feel like while the condors are a pain in the ass, it's a matter of patience and being there when the conditions are the right ones.

Some Bloodborne bosses may remain unbeatable for many, so I think it's harder.

Tizoc

Haven't earned a danged Platinum in like....3 ish years ever since I started gaming mainly on my Laptop. Wonder if I can get one this year @_@

Here's my current Trophy Card.

Surprised I am still #2 in my country at least according to this site :p

Anyway here is a list of games I plan on playing soon mainly so I can finish them and clear them from my PS4; I don't exactly intend to Platinum any of them but it is high time I worked on clearing my PS4 backlog :p
FF15- A king's tale
ArcaniA
Battle Worlds Kronos
Big City Stories
Color Guardians
CounterSpy
Crash 2 Remake
Curses 'n' chaos
Escape Plan
Flame Over
flow
Flower
Gauntlet
God of War 3 Remastered
Hohokum
Hue
Hyper Void
inFamous SS
inFamous First Light
Jak 1 (MAYBE I can Plat this? I did plat it on PS3 years ago)
Journey
Kero Blaster (would be nice to revisit this lovely game on my PS4 :p)
Nova-111
Pumped BMX+
Rebel Galaxy
Red Faction
Resogun
Riptide GP: Renegade
Shadow of the Beast (Gonna replay it on Easy since I wanna finish it quick but I could replay it on Higher dificulties in the future)
Skylanders Imaginators
Strike Vector EX
Super Robot Wars OG- Moon Dwellers
Tearaway Unfolded
Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Last of us left behind
Type: Rider
Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin!
Uncharted LL

If some of these bore me after a couple of hours I'll drop them.

Need to clear space and get rid of some games to make room for Doom 2016 again :V

BHK3

Banned
Haven't earned a danged Platinum in like....3 ish years ever since I started gaming mainly on my Laptop. Wonder if I can get one this year @_@

I was in the same boat as you up until a year ago or so. I actually went 2 years with no platinum and maybe a whole year as well without a trophy. I'm currently going through every PS+ game for the PS3 and then I'll go after some games I picked up from sales like JoJo and platinuming all my disc games. Funny thing is I wanted to do this before even buying a PS4, but I saw a good deal and cracked, I have a ton of games for that now too. I bought just about every PS2 classic on PS4 as well(good thing I never played any heavy hitters from the PS2 days!).

My problem right now is the getting a plat but it'll be like 70% because games just have so much DLC nowadays. Just finished Borderlands 1(yes, the first one) after starting it 5 years ago but I don't own any DLC so it's at bloody 57%. It's getting hard to not crack and buy DLC for half decade-decade old games at this point so I can just have the trophies...

Currently trying to boost some online games and man it's a drag trying to find people for this stuff, can't wait till I finally jump to ps4, won't have any issues trying to boost games there hopefully.

wew lad. time just flies by
2410e2c541.jpg

Tizoc

^Eh if you want my advice. Just play through your backlog and get as many trophies as you can. Don't go for trophies if they frustrate you. It is not worth it.
Find a game that you enjoy and just play it, if the trophy hunting gets in the way, just ignore it and simply enjoy the game getting as many trophies as you can.
IF eventually you find that you can plat a game and its remaining trophies aren't that difficult or frustarting, sure go for the plat if you want.

Anyways Colo(u)r Guardians beaten!
Not gonna bother with the Platinum since that final boss took me 30 minutes to beat thasnk to his blasted RNG!

Next up
EDIT: Ya know what, let me get far in whatever I play next and I'll let y'all know :V

Top Bottom