• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Proc said:
NHL 09 is far from average. It was one of the greatest games of last year. It is however soon to be shadowed by NHL 10 but right now its far from an average pickup (until about two weeks from now :lol )

Yeah 09 is pretty good it's just I can't afford buying the new version every year so I'm always 1 year behind. There are too many Metal Gears that I still need to buy, priorities.

soyboy

SlaughterX said:
IMGP0938.jpg

Where did you grab the Don Q?

I haven't been able to find it in the states!!!

JEKKI

I picked up the greatest pick up ever.

it's a large cream puff, shaped like a turtle, and it costed me $11

but I cant take pics of it coz I ended up waking up... shyt was all a dream...

I also dreamed that the shredded beef combo burritos were back at Del Taco,

so I went to Del Taco to get one and they didnt have them TT_TT

Chorazin

goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

DSCN0459-1.jpg

Finally got the kitten I have been wanting for years. :D And it's a boy! I always wanted a boy! :lol Unfortunately, we're stuck on a name. Hm... We've been calling him Nom-nom, cause he likes to eat almost anything and loves to bite our hands. He's the weirdest thing, compared to my other two cats ( he tries to eat ketchup, hot sauce, ramen, chips, whatever we're trying to eat :lol ).

Chairman Meow!!!

AlfaTrion

I'm LTTTEP but part of the club now! Check it out:

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

I was buying one for my GF's mother's BF and decided to splurge and get one for myself too and then my awesome GF said "I got this one, it can be your early xmas gift". <3 So awesome.

And my dad got me some Nintendo mints lol:

IMG_0486.jpg

Some Rilakuma character that I don't know the name of:

IMG_0488.jpg

outsidah

Kai Ozu said:
2ytqys0.jpg

Good start to my neogeo collection.

Woah.

Memories of my own collection.

I had about 3 or 4 rows of carts like that. It was awesome. Regret selling off my Neo stuff :(

Treasure that stuff, there is nothing like it.

Kobiekun

Recommended by a GAFer in the August pick-up thread:

Caps4stix.jpg

A pair for the PS3 and another for the 360. These things are great!

devilru

Neo Member
mrpjs8.jpg

:D
I find it strange that DSE got PEGI stock, doesn't Australia have its own Blu-ray factory now?

Anyways, I think the printing on the actual Batman:AA disc is fucked, it looks low-res and the 'PLAYSTATION3' bar across the disc is flawed.

JEKKI

CaseyTappy said:
Umihara Kawase , Bitches !

DSCF1831.jpg

Fishy Game though !
I want it! I want the PSP one, but it got canceled in US :(

Yes Boss! said:
Some DSware love.And a $5 shooter from Arika and published by Nintendo!

P1020201.jpg
I want it too!!

hey yes Bauss~!! how do u buy japanese dsi games / where do u get dsi points from??

I have a japense DSi but I cant find point cards on play-asia (unless I am not looking hard enough...), I only found them on ebay.

Charmicarmicat said:
f02m2d.jpg

11b1cas.jpg

mljcph.jpg

Godflesh - 'Selfless/Merciless'
The Wildhearts - '¡Chutzpah!'
AFX - 'Hangable Auto Bulb'
Godflesh - 'Pure/Cold World/Slavestate'
Therapy? - 'Shameless'
Therapy? - 'Semi-Detatched'
Therapy? - 'One Cure Fits All'
Therapy? - 'High Anxiety'
Autechre - 'Incunabla'

Where can I get the booty sweat drink??

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Probably not much of interest to the gaming side, but oh well. Pick-up posts are too addictive to quit. ;)

S6306719.jpg

DVDs: Cassavetes' Husbands and Soderbergh's K-Street series
Books: Jonathan Lethem's The Disappointment Artist essay collection (a second copy since I gave away my first one) and the first installment (from '92) of the Projections series of film essay collections.
Cooking!: Two deep ramekin-style mugs that I'm hoping to bake some small cakes in, a medium enameled pot for baking bread in, and a pretty little China snack plate that I thought would be nice to have (it was only a few dollars).

I also bought a retro McDonald's t-shirt, but I'm actually wearing it at the moment, so it isn't pictured.

[edit] Oh wait, I upgraded my PS3 to the new firmware. Does that count for anything? :p

Groovy Ninja said:
Where can I get the booty sweat drink??

I bought it from CyberCandy in Brighton (UK). It's an import sweet shop so I'm not sure where it's originally from.

Edit: Just had a quick look and if you are in the US you can buy it from Amazon.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

DSCN0459-1.jpg

Finally got the kitten I have been wanting for years. :D And it's a boy! I always wanted a boy! :lol Unfortunately, we're stuck on a name. Hm... We've been calling him Nom-nom, cause he likes to eat almost anything and loves to bite our hands. He's the weirdest thing, compared to my other two cats ( he tries to eat ketchup, hot sauce, ramen, chips, whatever we're trying to eat :lol ).
No matter how hard I try, I can't come up with a better name than Nom-nom.

Except perhaps Captain Nom-nom.

Smash88

Banned
goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

DSCN0459-1.jpg

Garfield.

scaffa

goMaki said:
Pick-up of the year!

img

Henry Catsworth

Drame

DJmizuhara said:
I sold my PS3 Phat 60GB model and got myself a nice new Slim PS3, along with the Gundam PS3 Bundle.

Gah, Gundam! Waiting for my copy to arrive, actually, waiting it to dispatch, pff.

I have been wondering, does the Senki use the new PS3 Slim style box art, or the older one?
Not that it matters though, heh.

oblo

d64_dscn0543.jpg

No metal box for me... I guess that's what you get for being European. Now I'd better be one of the first 5000 to register it on Club Nintendo and get that NES Metroid for VC for free, official release date is like tomorrow so I should be safe... I hope.

AlfaTrion said:
And my dad got me some Nintendo mints lol:

IMG_0486.jpg

Once your mints are gone, that actually makes a fantastic DS game case. I use it all the time.

Also, I've been dying for a nice arcade stick like that.

Got myself a PSP Dissidia Bundle for my 20th and I must say it's pretty sweet. I've only ever played with my brother's fat PSP back in 2005 and I remember it being monstrous, the 3000 weighs about as much as my DS Lite. The screen absolutely gorgeous.

03092009204.jpg

I also grabbed an 8GB memory stick. PSP Go on a budget :D

Oxx

oblo said:
d64_dscn0543.jpg

No metal box for me... I guess that's what you get for being European. Now I'd better be one of the first 5000 to register it on Club Nintendo and get that NES Metroid for VC for free, official release date is like tomorrow so I should be safe... I hope.

Ooh. I had forgotten about that deal. Makes it even more annoying that my copy didn't arrive today.

Then again, I've had difficulty registering games before the release date in the past.

Oxx said:
Then again, I've had difficulty registering games before the release date in the past.
I've had difficulty registering games on or after the date before (though both were low-key releases; the Gamceube version of Twilight Princess and Fire Emblem:Shadow Dragon).

Waqas

Y-Z said:
New Camera :D Great for pick-up Posts. I have always wanted a SLR so i decided to make the switch. Very happy with it.

3877805269_79795fb80d.jpg

and for the kitten, Nobby Nobby boy!

It's a micro four thirds system, there is no pentamirror inside, so it can't be called an slr.

Still a nice camera though :)

alba

Little is the new Big
FallenCow said:
^Seat looks amazing! How much was the seat and the wheel?
399€ for the playseat pack with everything, i bought the wheel last christmas and i don't really remember how much it was, something along the lines of 300€ i guess ;O

WEGGLES

alba said:
399€ for the playseat pack with everything, i bought the wheel last christmas and i don't really remember how much it was, something along the lines of 300€ i guess ;O
Holy schnikies!

I like racing games... but not that much :p

mr stroke

alba said:

:0

Just looked at that set up on Amazon. and wish I could justify the cost($250 wheel+$250 seat-$500 is heavy)

is it really worth it having the seat+wheel? does it make a world of difference?

Toshin

Finally I got a lil something to post, freaking UPS can die....
Markman I know you will enjoy it I dedicate this to you!:D

db8840514a5c111574c8adc610dfffc4.jpg

SmZA

Charmicarmicat said:
Godflesh - 'Selfless/Merciless'
The Wildhearts - '¡Chutzpah!'
AFX - 'Hangable Auto Bulb'
Godflesh - 'Pure/Cold World/Slavestate'
Therapy? - 'Shameless'
Therapy? - 'Semi-Detatched'
Therapy? - 'One Cure Fits All'
Therapy? - 'High Anxiety'
Autechre - 'Incunabla'
Whoa, the Wildhearts are still around? My best mate and I loved their first album back in the day. I only knew about them because I used to buy a short-lived British magazine called Metal-CD which featured them a lot. I knew Therapy? were still around but don't know any of those albums. I'm pretty sure I've got those Godflesh albums though, great band.

zmet

16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for my PSP
sep1.jpg

Blue Thunder and Beetlejuice
sep2.jpg

Legend of Joe Musashi: Shinobi Music Collection - 4 CD set with music from every Sega made 2D Shinobi (yes, even that Master System one with Alex Kid!)
sep3.jpg

.hacked

2v8nytt.jpg

5 user pack

5xjq7r.jpg

Free Van Halen was too much to resist.

30w1gfl.jpg

Hope there will be a disc swap available for Gladiator, if not for the $8.00 after DVD rebate it is not that bad.

339pmoh.jpg

Time to start collecting some anime again :D

Top Bottom