• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
This is how it is during the day, when night comes around Sunday and Monday prepare for dial up speeds...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1927803838.png

Still slower than 67% of US. It seems 5Mb/512Kb is the norm in Georgia unfortunately.

That's rough, I'm on 5mb/s too with grandfathered unlimited bandwidth until some smaller company around here starts taking customers again, but if anyone has any downloads going then I'm lucky to watch a youtube video

I'd be game tonight, I guess

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
FOR HOW LONG UNTIL YOU ARE DISCONNECTED??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I'm at my new place I shouldn't get disconnected at least I hope :(

That's rough, I'm on 5mb/s too with grandfathered unlimited bandwidth until some smaller company around here starts taking customers again, but if anyone has any downloads going then I'm lucky to watch a youtube video

I'd be game tonight, I guess

We didn't play together once last year dude. It's been a while...

you've got to be kidding...i'm sorry we didn't get the goal there...but the FUCK kind of a call was that??

how do I cancel out of shot? I thought i'd be getting a pass

yall gonna have to forgive me while i shake off this shitty rust

Red_Man

Good news is I didn't drop bad news is I was playing like shit, that was my first time playin D in a few months, I was pretty terrible. Just gonna stick to forward for now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Good to have you back ph33nix. We played like absolute shit tonight. First game was laggy as fuck but the last 2 were just a mess. Ended up with an AI LD that last game and that team exploited the fuck out of the shortside. 4 of their 5 goals were on that garbage.

Red_Man

That non called goalie interference that led to a goal is one of the most ridiculous pieces of shit I've ever seen in this game. I would say it's unbelievable but it's EA so yea.

well shit I didn't mean to get those dumbass penalties. I thought we were pretty good on offense though. with time we'll be unstoppable

Red_Man

Do you normally play LW pheenix? Cause you keep drifting to the right wall and it's throwing me off i can give you RW if that's what you normally play I don't really care what wing I play

I do, that's just me being a dumbass. I see it, sometimes I'm just trying to fill in gaps

sorry for some of my shitty weak ass passes lol

ggs yall, everyone played pretty well

legit that one move you pulled off was dirty, you know which one...
noz was a beast on faceoffs and scored some timely goals
pheeniks passing was on point and he put some pucks in the net

we would have went undefeated if I didnt lose my mind the one game and keep pinching on defense at the wrong times and give up breakaways

Red_Man

You're taking about the guy I undressed and then went on a mini break away and scored :lol I legit laughed cause the defender was so bad. GGs overall me and Noz had some great chemistry going I hit like 3-4 posts, it feels great not dropping and I only had a little lag in the one game.

Nozdeuce

ggs yall, everyone played pretty well

legit that one move you pulled off was dirty, you know which one...
noz was a beast on faceoffs and scored some timely goals
pheeniks passing was on point and he put some pucks in the net

we would have went undefeated if I didnt lose my mind the one game and keep pinching on defense at the wrong times and give up breakaways

You're my hero of defense! Sometime when you have a chance could you post your center build? That was actually fun enough it makes me wanna play more, gonna work on tweaking my build some. I'm not entirely sure I need 95 deking when I'm too dumb to ever put it to use

You're taking about the guy I undressed and then went on a mini break away and scored :lol I legit laughed cause the defender was so bad. GGs overall me and Noz had some great chemistry going I hit like 3-4 posts, it feels great not dropping and I only had a little lag in the one game.
That was a sweet move! I think that was the best we've ever played together, generated so many chances and bizarrely good forechecking. Do you prefer playing wing to center nowadays?

Now that I'm not utterly shellshocked in the faceoff circle I really do want to play more

You're my hero of defense! Sometime when you have a chance could you post your center build? That was actually fun enough it makes me wanna play more, gonna work on tweaking my build some. I'm not entirely sure I need 95 deking when I'm too dumb to ever put it to use

yea ill post it tomorrow, you are probably better off using the Milly/Antti/GAF build that was posted awhile ago that everyone else uses though. No one else really plays the style I do so it might not help you out at all

Nozdeuce

yea ill post it tomorrow, you are probably better off using the Milly/Antti/GAF build that was posted awhile ago that everyone else uses though. No one else really plays the style I do so it might not help you out at all

Maaaaan, I can't do anything Milly style, but I'll hunt it down. Sweet thanks, mostly just curious to see what the general consensus is on various stats. Like the last time I did my build a million years ago Hand-Eye was out of vogue. Have screens ever ended up working well at all? I miss doing nothing but screening the goalie and crushing people from last year.

Red_Man

That was a sweet move! I think that was the best we've ever played together, generated so many chances and bizarrely good forechecking. Do you prefer playing wing to center nowadays?

Now that I'm not utterly shellshocked in the faceoff circle I really do want to play more
I was pretty impartial to all forward positions and then Marvie started playing C full time, and all my builds got wiped out and I didn't create a C yet so Vis said to let you play it tonight. You did great, especially in the faceoff circle, everyone played good tonight, it was a lot of fun.

Maaaaan, I can't do anything Milly style, but I'll hunt it down. Sweet thanks, mostly just curious to see what the general consensus is on various stats. Like the last time I did my build a million years ago Hand-Eye was out of vogue. Have screens ever ended up working well at all? I miss doing nothing but screening the goalie and crushing people from last year.

hand eye helps you settle down tough passes to be able to shoot one-timers easily as well as help you get deflections, i think its worth dumping some points into

screens that dont deflect work really well, I usually just park my guy in front of the goalie when I play Center and it usually gets us a goal or two each game.

We rarely get deflection goals, but I think that's more to do with the shooters then the screeners. All of the defensemen we have had are not comfortable making moves and carrying the puck to set up the kind of good shooting chances you need to score of deflections

Nozdeuce

I was pretty impartial to all forward positions and then Marvie started playing C full time, and all my builds got wiped out and I didn't create a C yet so Vis said to let you play it tonight. You did great, especially in the faceoff circle, everyone played good tonight, it was a lot of fun.

Lol even knowing that it was an awfully gutsy call by Viz. That works for me then, just wanted to be sure I wasn't stealing your spot.

hand eye helps you settle down tough passes to be able to shoot one-timers easily as well as help you get deflections, i think its worth dumping some points into

screens that dont deflect work really well, I usually just park my guy in front of the goalie when I play Center and it usually gets us a goal or two each game.

We rarely get deflection goals, but I think that's more to do with the shooters then the screeners. All of the defensemen we have had are not comfortable making moves and carrying the puck to set up the kind of good shooting chances you need to score of deflections
Ahhh okay cool. I've definitely got some tweaking to do then. Thanks for all the awesome pointers!

I liked it when you nailed me with your slapper but didn't injure me for once

Red_Man

Nope it's all good, I prefer playing on wing these last few months and you did great in the middle and like I said we created some chemistry really quickly which is always a great sign.

Marvie_3

Banned
Was gonna play last night until I realized I left my power brick at home when I came to my parents' house for a few days. Oh well. Should be back by Thursday.

Nozdeuce

Pretty rough night. Me and pheenix just couldn't get anything going on offense. That one goal we did score in that last game was a pretty sweet play all around though

my bad tonight, I think me changing positions every game really fucked us with not getting any continuity going

for you guys on offense, you have to get rid of that puck if you see a hit coming. I dont care where, throw it back down the ice if you have to. The hits look so obvious to me, they line you guys up from a mile away right at the blueline almost every time and you continue doing the same thing over and over.

Outside of the 1st game where we dominated and lost we did pretty much nothing all night on offense.

Nozdeuce

for you guys on offense, you have to get rid of that puck if you see a hit coming. I dont care where, throw it back down the ice if you have to. The hits look so obvious to me, they line you guys up from a mile away right at the blueline almost every time and you continue doing the same thing over and over.

I am bad at this. Even more annoying is when I do get it in just fine, but then see a hit coming and hammer away on the trigger to pass and do nothing.

Me and Pheenix are just having a rough time gelling. Seems like whenever I'm not flinging a pass up the boards to him we're bumping into each other. Blargh

Viz is disturbingly patient, but playing following the Flyers elimination would be some god damn fortitude

im not even watching the Flyers tonight, I've come to grips that we just cannot beat NJ, just like we couldn't beat NYR this year, not even worth the effort to watch them go down flailing.

When the "deepest defense corps" in the league cant even move the puck out of their own end all night against the caliber of journeymen and scrubs that make up 90% of the Devils roster, then its time to get the golf clubs out for the summer

you know its sad when I decided to play BF3 because it seemed the less frustrating of the 2 choices...

Red_Man

im not even watching the Flyers tonight, I've come to grips that we just cannot beat NJ, just like we couldn't beat NYR this year, not even worth the effort to watch them go down flailing.

When the "deepest defense corps" in the league cant even move the puck out of their own end all night against the caliber of journeymen and scrubs that make up 90% of the Devils roster, then its time to get the golf clubs out for the summer

you know its sad when I decided to play BF3 because it seemed the less frustrating of the 2 choices...
Indianajonesyouchoosewisely.jpeg

Top Bottom