• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles #2

Nabster92

Yea something like that might work. At one big tournament from last year that had like 170ish people, they didn't feel like doing a 256 people bracket so they made pools where everyone was put into 16 groups of like 10 or 11 people, and you played everyone in the group and the top 4 moved on to play in the actual 64 people bracket. Of course we don't have nearly enough people for that so it'd have to be on a smaller scale, plus it would take a bit longer to do something like that. Like if theres 40 people have 8 pools of 5 and have top 2 or 4 advance if you want a 16 or 32 people bracket so that would be 4 matches for everyone before the bracket actually starts.

Suppose we could just like lay down the groups according to seeds and have like smashville be a default stage for everyone to use first game and just have everyone play each other at their own leisure for the pools. That way everyone gets at LEAST 4 games in, and then we could just take top 2 for a 16 people bracket to decide it overall or something. I could see that taking just as long as the 128 bracket tourney did even though its only 40 people though.

Arol

Nabster92 said:

Yeah I've been to a few tournaments as well when there has been an odd number of players and pools are done. They tend to be a bit longer. Usually there is no seeding precedent so you put good players in one group.

I was merely stipulating if a future GAF Brawl Singles is done with <32 players. Just so players are able to get more games in with a smaller turn-out.

Rotanibor

Awesome, another tournament! I regret not entering the last one.

Rotanibor Eht / -RoB- / 2062-8845-5765 / Southern CA

Nabster92

Now that we've just gone over 32 we need another 15 for a clean bracket. 14 if Crimmy's partner joins in. So hurry up and join people!

Crimmy

Iam Canadian said:
NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles #2 winner confirmed.

Sorry, Relix! :D

oh stop lol. i was lucky to get as fa as i did.

i wont be winnin this touney and i cud almost put money on it. and my partner in the team tourney might enter if hes allowed too which will make things worse but at the same time, very interesting. i see him getting very very far.

usea

I haven't played brawl since my last match against somebody from gaf (wtfffffffff). Should I enter this? I honestly don't even remember many of my characters' moves.

Maybe I'll play some people on irc first? I'm drukn :( but that's no excuse or anything. pretty sure I play melee as well drunk as I do sober. we'll see.

edit: ZERO people on irc? c'mon, wtf.

Crimmy

usea said:
I haven't played brawl since my last match against somebody from gaf (wtfffffffff). Should I enter this? I honestly don't even remember many of my characters' moves.

Maybe I'll play some people on irc first? I'm drukn :( but that's no excuse or anything. pretty sure I play melee as well drunk as I do sober. we'll see.

edit: ZERO people on irc? c'mon, wtf.

more than likely ur in the old room and not #gaf_wfc

Nabster92

yessss more....MOAR victi*coughahem* I mean entrants. Inlcuding crimmy's partner if he joins thats 38. 10 more spots people!

Masked Man

I said wow
Aw, I miss all of my Gaf-friends! I feel bad because I haven't played Smash in a while, but I'll try to hone my skillz a little. :D I really hope that I can participate!

Masked Man / M@ / 1976-9853-1849 / OH

Iam Canadian said:
NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles #2 winner confirmed.

Sorry, Relix! :D
:lol Seriously, Crimmy is ridiculously good.

Milabrega

Okay, I hope 8 more people do not sign up so we have to go with the 48 bracket, because we do not want Icana to compete. :D

Masked Man

I said wow
Iam Canadian said:
Good to see you again, my masked friend! I hope that we can meet on the field of battle once more. :D

Likewise, my neighbor from the North! :D

Indeed, meet again we shall. The soul still burns--a fire, quenched only by the fulfillment of a lust for battle. :lol

OliveJuice / Nin / 1934-0346-5121 / Canada

Have not played in the longest time, been, and still am, way too busy. I prolly suck hard now, but I'll still give it a shot if there's room left.

Arol

Were the brackets already made?

Well there's still time left. Hopefully there is a surge in the weekend so no one gets left out.

Milabrega

Arol said:
Were the brackets already made?

Well there's still time left. Hopefully there is a surge in the weekend so no one gets left out.

Tentative brackets for the 32 cap have been made by Nabster. We need 9 more people to hit the 48 bracket # so hopefully we can reach that by sunday in order to incorporate everyone.

Crimmy

Masked Man said:
Aw, I miss all of my Gaf-friends! I feel bad because I haven't played Smash in a while, but I'll try to hone my skillz a little. :D I really hope that I can participate!

Masked Man / M@ / 1976-9853-1849 / OH

:lol Seriously, Crimmy is ridiculously good.

My first Brawl friend!!! Where have u been lol.

good to see u bac. you were definitely MIA for a while. I was going to send you a PM but I figured maybe you went on vacation or somethin since its summertime and all.

Masked Man

I said wow
Crimmy said:
My first Brawl friend!!! Where have u been lol.

good to see u bac. you were definitely MIA for a while. I was going to send you a PM but I figured maybe you went on vacation or somethin since its summertime and all.

I know! We took each other's respective Wi-Fi virginity. :lol

My second semester classes became so taxing after spring break that I basically didn't have a social life for the last two months of the semester. Needless to say, it wasn't a fun time. But now I'm back! It feels good, and I miss me some Smash. I'll hopefully be getting online again sometime soon--maybe even for the tourney (if luck should have it)! :D

Teknoman

I feel lame because I still havent beaten Subspace. Was going through co-op with my friend, but we never can sync up time to go ahead and beat the game.

Milabrega

If we don't reach the 48 sign up number by tonight, we have two alternative lay outs for the tourney being discussed right now that would incorporate the 40 already signed up.

Masked Man

I said wow
Milabrega said:
If we don't reach the 48 sign up number by tonight, we have two alternative lay outs for the tourney being discussed right now that would incorporate the 40 already signed up.
Yayyy! Sounds good to me. :D

Milabrega

Anyone who signs up after this point will be considered a sub in the order that they sign up. We will likely need 3-4 subs so please if you are still interested sign up.

The Tourney Thread will be up soon and Round 1 will begin tonight.

Siyou

am i able to join or is it too late? I'm cool with subbing, just curious if you still need subs and such

Siyou/Siyou/1676-3567-3163/MI

my friend who doesnt have an account here on Neogaf is also very interested if that's fine as well

Dano/1547-4907-0980/MI

You need one more drop out to get in Dragon.

Edit: Oh, just read Siyou's post. I guess two. Looks like Siyou and Mars are now in.

Top Bottom