• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Timepiece Thread Of Fine Wristwatches

You think the Pepsi is less gaudy than the the BLNR?

Well, personally I think red and blue is more 'gaudy' (as in 'extravagant') than Blue and Black for a bezel...

But I also think blue and black is much less iconic and less interesting than Pepsi.

And for what it's worth, my favorite is fuschia and blue, here is mine:

16583984_170553350107421_8489111978483122176_n.jpg

When I think of the GMT Master, I think of the Pepsi.

That's fair.

Well, personally I think red and blue is more 'gaudy' (as in 'extravagant') than Blue and Black for a bezel...

But I also think blue and black is much less iconic and less interesting than Pepsi.

And for what it's worth, my favorite is fuschia and blue, here is mine:

That looks really nice. For what it's worth I think I'm gonna buy the blue and black today.

DavidSW has 3 in stock, I just saw 2 at my local AD, I don't think it qualifies (yet?) as 'hard to find modern Rolexes'....

DavidSW also had ceramic Daytonas, so not a great indicator of rarity. When I was looking last the BLNR was hot - only ever saw one in person.

I would hope now it is easier to find

Accoun

I just ordered a Seiko 5 SNKK35. It's "just" a 5, but I really like the design and it got pretty hard to find for a decent price. Luckily, Skywatches seem to have a few in stock again, along with SNKE63 - another field-ish one.
I hope it's not just a mistake. [FAUX EDIT: Hmm... seems like it was the last (only?) one, since it's now out of stock again]

Did you end up buying from Jomashop? Which model is this?

No, I ended up just going to a legit Omega store and buying it. I'll consider buying from Jomashop in the future but I felt more comfortable with getting a manufacturer warranty. That and it was a bit of a spur of the moment decision.

This is the watch, I'll try and take a better picture tomorrow when there's better light.

Speedmaster Moonwatch PROFESSIONAL CHRONOGRAPH 42 mm

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Time to catch up.

Well, that happened. I guess I can join Watch-Gaf now.
http://i.imgur.com/wJez1BE.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Absolutely gorgeous.

[quote="Jason's Ultimatum, post: 230181739"]As for the 62mas reissue, the pic I posted wasn't indicative of the reveal. It uses arrow hands :([/QUOTE] The limited re-issue is much closer to the original. But of course the GS movement puts it out of reach for most.

[quote="PjotrStroganov, post: 230813950"]Strapsco sharkmesh came in. I guess it looks beter on the baby tuna on the photo but irl the smaller case of the 007 seems to fit better with the non tapering strap.[/QUOTE] Wish I could pull off shark mesh. I think I just need the right watch.

[quote="GalacticSushiman, post: 230872611"]And for what it's worth, my favorite is fuschia and blue, here is mine:[/QUOTE]

Always showing us up. ;)

[quote="LyleLanley, post: 230926975"]Update:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qEucZt1.jpg?1[IMG][/QUOTE]

Very nice Rolex, make sure to enjo...

[quote="LyleLanley, post: 231246373"]I wasn't planning on buying another watch so soon but here we are.[/QUOTE]

...you absolute madman!
I'm wearing my Speedy at the moment. I wear it in spurts and every time I come back to it I wonder why I don't just wear it all the time. I love it.

[quote="OnkelC, post: 231247975"]The SRPA21K1 finally arrived! I like it a lot.

[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/OnkelC/Uhren/DA692CF5-1F05-479E-BF31-D13C4E2097D0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's sweet, and such a great price.
I took on vacation so it got some nice ocean time.

At least most of watch gaf aren't into hi-fi audiophile equipment. Unfortunately I'm into both...as well as cars...

Hey I am into watches and hi-fi(ve) audiophile stuff too (+ old video games)!

Always wanted to have a picture of an APRO, on my Audeze LCD-2, standing on a Neo Geo Blazing Star AES cartridge :D

'boys and their toys' - my wife.

nitewulf

Hey I am into watches and hi-fi(ve) audiophile stuff too (+ old video games)!

Always wanted to have a picture of an APRO, on my Audeze LCD-2, standing on a Neo Geo Blazing Star AES cartridge :D

'boys and their toys' - my wife.

Heh, well now I am deciding between buying a really nice watch or a really nice pair of speakers (it'll be the speakers...)

checked this out today:
Perpetuals are definitely my favorite complication:
MB110715.jpg

I however liked the Annual Calendar even more! It's also much cheaper:
montblanc-heritage-chronometrie-quantieme-annuel-men_s-watch-112534_1.jpg

Radec

5YkZhyn.jpg

Bought this last week.

Then just saw the new Seiko Samurai limited.. :|

I hope I can say no to my urge to buy it next month.

Accoun

Meanwhile, I got myself a simple 5. It actually was hard to find at a decent price, but I waited and it got restocked in one store. Either I've snatched the last one or... the only one.

Now to get a strap for that thing.

Omega revealed the new RM. It's nice looking with its vintage look.

New Aqua Terra looks terribad with the horizontal teak.

New SM300 hasn't been revealed yet, but apparently it'll be under 40mm and thickness reduced.

New SM300 dimensions if true would be amazlng.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have my eye on a few of these new watches being shown. I'm not sure if 38.5mm is too small though. While I generally prefer a smaller watch, I have nothing below 40.

Actually this Baselworld has been lackluster. The hype has worn down from the omega watches. The sm300 is still thick as balls.

Tudor did nothin my for me. I love the black bays, but they're too chunky. Don't think I'll ever get one unless they reduce size.

Seiko ALMOST got it right with 62mas non LE editions. Gorgeous dive watches, but 43mm. :/

Honestly I want that PP sub dial watch the one gaffer has. Less is definitely more.

Is creationwatches.com legit? Trying to buy skx009j and they're a little cheaper than jomashop or whatever it's called.

Thanks, and lovely posts from all of you in here, I'm jealous.

Is creationwatches.com legit? Trying to buy skx009j and they're a little cheaper than jomashop or whatever it's called.

Pretty sure they're "gray market legit", but they ship in generic boxes to save on shipping costs (and no manufacturer warranty, needless to say)

dos

Neo Member

Can confirm creation are legit. Bought a couple of watches from them and no problems. Apparently they don't have the best customer service if there is a problem with the watch but so that's something to consider.

Also have to say some of you have some absolutely stunning pieces so keep it up haha. I have a small but growing collection, gets a bit tough on the wallet at times

New002

Hey all!

I'm looking for a versatile watch under, say, $300? Something I can wear 90% of the time regardless of outfit. I don't really know much about what's out there so I figured this was a good place to ask! Anybody have any favorites or recommendations? I'm really open to any sort of style. Just curious to hear what people think.

Oh, I also have really small wrists >_>

Thanks so much!

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
ugh so after S-Town podcast and reading the Gary Shteyngart New Yorker piece on non-quartz watches, I was looking around at skeletons and found this lil guy at 85% off with some coupon diving, and I bit.

Dear god what did I do? I bought a movado bold digital years ago and barely wore it and it kinda broke after a battery replacement. ugh. oh well, nice to have 1 or 2 nice things right? even 85% off that thing was expensive.

oh yeah it's called an oris artelier skeleton

Hey all!

I'm looking for a versatile watch under, say, $300? Something I can wear 90% of the time regardless of outfit. I don't really know much about what's out there so I figured this was a good place to ask! Anybody have any favorites or recommendations? I'm really open to any sort of style. Just curious to hear what people think.

Oh, I also have really small wrists >_>

Thanks so much!

Seiko skx007j,

Hamilton khaki king

Those are my two favorites in that price. Both super versatile, hamilton might be a little more, the seiko a little less than 300.

Top Bottom