• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, To Arms!

keraj37

I just bought my first ever hand gun and firearm in general. I think this interesting times require additional protection.
Do you have gun? Show it if you will!
77UK0ZW.jpg

-YFC-

Damn bro, but why'd you buy a revolver? Something like a glock is more for protection purposes.
Yeah I own a gun and I keep it under my bed in case of a burgulary. I don't got a picture right now cuz it's under my bed and I'm too lazy to get up from my chair right now, but it's CZ gun 9mm.

keraj37

Damn bro, but why'd you buy a revolver? Something like a glock is more for protection purposes.
Yeah I own a gun and I keep it under my bed in case of a burgulary. I don't got a picture right now cuz it's under my bed and I'm too lazy to get up from my chair right now, but it's CZ gun 9mm.

Yeah, maybe you are right but this is .45 that usually means, one bullet is enough. 9mm not always I think?

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
You chose poorly Dirty Larry. You may have had a chance of actually hitting something if you had got a shotgun.

iconmaster

Banned
I’m all for gun ownership, but I’m not going to get one until the kids are out of the house. The worry would kill me.

I think this might be where I'm at too. This year has really made me consider whether I ought to have a gun in the home (fortunately, I'm still pretty far removed from all the unrest), and my kids are all old enough not to play with things they shouldn't; but counter-intuitively the combination feels less safe to me.

Papa

Banned
No, my household is gun free and my mother forced my dad to turn his guns over as soon as my brother and i was born. If i lived on my own however i wouldn't mind picking up a Beretta or something for self defense at this point.

Would you buy it or steal it

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
My father offered me one of his a few months back; I initially declined but I'll probably take him up on it eventually though.

I'd like to take the proper training courses first though.

Cravis

I’m all for gun ownership, but I’m not going to get one until the kids are out of the house. The worry would kill me.
I’ve got a simple 4 button code activated box that I have my .38 locked up in.

I do change the batteries on that thing religiously because I worry that I’ll need it and won’t be able to open it due to no juice. It does have a backup key but it’d be quicker to punch in the code when I was in a situation where seconds mattered.

TaySan

Banned
Did you steal that too?
Nah i do very well for myself and have savings, thank you.
You would probably end up fumbling the gun during a home invasion and shoot yourself in the leg.
I've shot guns before, granted it's been a while since i was a wee child. But i'm sure a simple gun course can refresh my memory and skill.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Nah i do very well for myself and have savings, thank you.

I've shot guns before, granted it's been a while since i was a wee child. But i'm sure a simple gun course can refresh my memory and skill.

What do you do

Sejan

I just bought my first ever hand gun and firearm in general. I think this interesting times require additional protection.
Do you have gun? Show it if you will!
77UK0ZW.jpg
If its your first firearm, practice with it a lot. As soon as you pull out a weapon in any situation you make up the stakes. Its more dangerous for both the one that you pull it on as well as yourself. You cannot ever have enough practice and training with a weapon like that.

Yes, but my money is of my own and i can live on my own if i want to

Ive heard Berreta APX can be had for 399 which is basically a Glock, but 200 dollars cheaper. May take a look into that if i move out. lol
Why don't you then? The ladies get tickled when you invite them back to spend some quality time with the folks?

I keep a Springfield XD-.45 at my desk and in my bedroom. Though I'm thinking about putting in the deep safe and just getting a .22 pistol for my daily home defense. .45 can shoot through walls too easily.

Last edited:
Top Bottom