• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, To Arms!

OPs pic doesnt load up for me. These are my handguns (not the actual ones but pics of the same model):

CZ-82 (primary home defense)

CZ-83-sized.jpg

Ruger GP100 6" (This is my run into the street to in my undies to investigate a disturbance gun)

wm_6217355.jpg

Last edited:
It also can't be repeated enough, you need to know your weapon like you would know any other tool you'd use respectfully in your house. Know it very well and don't let yourself EVER be surprised by your OWN weapon. Also, remember, guns are LOUD. If you have newly purchased a weapon without much knowledge of if, you need to understand and prepare for that too. Don't let the first time someone breaks into your house be the first time you try and fire your gun, you would probably end up hurting yourself more than helping most situations.

BigBooper

A revolver isn't bad if you learn how to use it, because you pretty much don't have to worry whether it will work or not. If you use it for a while though, you'll probably be wanting to get a backup too.

nush

I suggest anyone thinking they are going to go self-defense Rambo spend just a few minutes watching this video,

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Never owned a gun but I’ve been to the shooting range and fired handguns, shotguns, and assault rifles.

I’ve been thinking of getting myself some big scary ass looking assault rifle lately.

Coily

Banned
You're the most blatant Era troll I've seen in a long, long time.
ResetEra is too Far-Left and is deep in Woke.

i'm a normal guy with Centrist beliefs. I am Centre-Left on Health Care, and I am Centre-Right on National Security and shit.

But if we are to talk about normal people, normal society and normal countries. Walking around with guns is not fucking normal

The Far-Left is not Normal
The Far-Right is not Normal

Last edited:
ResetEra is too Far-Left and is deep in Woke.

i'm a normal guy with Centrist beliefs. I am Centre-Left on Health Care, and I am Centre-Right on National Security and shit.

But if we are to talk about normal people, normal society and normal countries. Walking around with guns is not fucking normal

The Far-Left is not Normal
The Far-Right is not Normal

I agree with this in that you can have your own beliefs on separate issues and not be shoehorned into any particular tribe.

I just bought my first ever hand gun and firearm in general. I think this interesting times require additional protection.
Do you have gun? Show it if you will!
77UK0ZW.jpg

Is that a SAA?

I personally wouldn't use a SAA for personal defense when it comes to revolver. At a minimum it's needs to be a double action revolver. I never use the single action because in a self defense moment your not going to be cocking back the hammer.

I carry a revolver at the moment. A Smith & Wesson Model 19 chambered in 357 Magnum with a hogue bantam grip for conceal carry.

19c5-600x336.jpg

Couldn't load pictures of my revolver. Mine is like the one in the picture but with much smaller black rubber grips.

Last edited:
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Damn bro, but why'd you buy a revolver? Something like a glock is more for protection purposes.

Less to go wrong with a revolver when you need it most. Semi-autos can jam, etc...

I generally carry a Glock 43 in the summer and a Glock 19 in the winter but I also have a little snub nose .38 that a carry when I'm wearing something where the Glocks might show.

Other than that, I have way too many other guns to mention here. To say I'm a firearm enthusiast would be putting it lightly.

keraj37

Is that a SAA?

I personally wouldn't use a SAA for personal defense when it comes to revolver. At a minimum it's needs to be a double action revolver. I never use the single action because in a self defense moment your not going to be cocking back the hammer.

I carry a revolver at the moment. A Smith & Wesson Model 19 chambered in 357 Magnum with a hogue bantam grip for conceal carry.

19c5-600x336.jpg

Couldn't load pictures of my revolver. Mine is like the one in the picture but with much smaller black rubber grips.

Yeah it is SAA, so far it works fine for me, but maybe you are right - I wanted a gun not only for protection but also something I would like to have and look at.
Your image is not showing BTW.

It works well:
UHvjpY5.jpg

uzKJG4F.jpg

Last edited:

keraj37

Less to go wrong with a revolver when you need it most. Semi-autos can jam, etc...

I generally carry a Glock 43 in the summer and a Glock 19 in the winter but I also have a little snub nose .38 that a carry when I'm wearing something where the Glocks might show.

Other than that, I have way too many other guns to mention here. To say I'm a firearm enthusiast would be putting it lightly.

I have a glock to :D

MiJCJG6.jpg

vbgNo8s.jpg

BTW, very good, light and cheap combat knife.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I'd definitely buy a handgun if it wasn't problematic (I had a lot of fun in the shooting range), but in my country it's difficult to do it legally and the whole process takes months.

keraj37

i bet the Empire will be ringing you up to get you to enlist with that sort of shooting

Unfortunately I made only 3 shots to get a bottle killed and from that distance minimum to qualify for a stormtrooper is 5 shots. I have no chances - so I stay in SEALs.

Last edited:

keraj37

Funny, I will have 3 of this SAA - the first one with 5.5" barrel, the second with 4.75" and the third with 7.5" - the 3rd one is due to mistake - I thought order was cancelled so I bought the 4.75" but it was only suspended and now it is on the way to my home :)
(Yeah, you can tell - I am really into old revolvers )
ytUBLpS.jpg

WH4o1NH.jpg

Last edited:

keraj37

Thinking about testing out an M&P Shield next week. Going to need something for CC.

Nice pistol - however it is very expensive for a handgun like that, no? I could find one for 350$. It still much less for any of my revolvers - they cost 650$ each at least.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Reloading like this... is a revolution.

J-Roderton

Nice pistol - however it is very expensive for a handgun like that, no? I could find one for 350$. It still much less for any of my revolvers - they cost 650$ each at least.

Any good brands you’d recommend to check out for 9mm concealed carry?

keraj37

Any good brands you’d recommend to check out for 9mm concealed carry?

I am not an expert by any means, but from what I hear Glock 17 is good for that purpose, but I just checked the price, and wow - the price starts at 500$, so maybe your M&P Shield is good choice after all.

J-Roderton

I am not an expert by any means, but from what I hear Glock 17 is good for that purpose, but I just checked the price, and wow - the price starts at 500$, so maybe your M&P Shield is good choice after all.

Ha. I was going to say, I thought the shield was fairly affordable by most accounts. I’m no expert either when it comes to handguns especially. 👊🏻

Lrnex

If you’re going for a 9mm Glock for concealed carry I would always recommend the G26. Its grip and barrel are shorter which makes it generally more comfortable for carry, but you can also use G17 magazines in it and grip extenders to effectively make it the same size as the G17 only with a shorter barrel.

Basically just gives you more options. You can always make the smaller gun larger but never vice versa.

LokusAbriss

The idea of people running around with revolvers, like its Read Dead Redemption, is insane to me. As a German, the idea of owning a gun is very foreign. But that depends on where you live. I live in an extremely safe neighborhood, but we have our „no go zones“ too.

Whatever the reason that makes you buy a gun, you should always use and store it safely.

I always keep a huge torque wrench in my car for the small chance of a more dangerous conflict, but thats it.

Lol at the brits who aren‘t even allowed to have knives.

I have a gun that always hangs below my waist.
As a german, the idea of owning a gun is pretty insane. It is easily possible,

Wanna touch it, OP?
Japanese dick energy...

Last edited:

keraj37

I've been researching firearms recently, and now seems like the absolute worst time to try purchasing anything. Even ammo is scarce.

Oh yes, that is why I rushed a bit - I still could get few thousands rounds of ammo and 4 revolvers at a bit higher price than before all interesting things happened recently.
But I believe that if that time is bad time to buy firearms, it will only gets worse.

Last edited:

showernota

Oh yes, that is why I rushed a bit - I still could get few thousands rounds of ammo and 4 revolvers at a bit higher price than before all interesting things happened recently.
But I believe that if that time is bad time to buy firearms, it will only gets worse.

The guy in the video agrees with you, things will probably continue to get worse until the election. I'm not even against buying something overpriced, its just that there is no stock for most firearms (not just including the popular budget models)

mango drank

There's a free-to-play game / simulator on Steam, that lets you field strip real-world guns, and do various ops (reload, shoot, engage safety) in slo-mo and x-ray, to understand how they work. Pretty sick.

Colt 1911 cutaway while firing:

yTKthmb.jpg

Remington Derringer x-ray, showing the operation of the trigger and hammer:

CKt6f0L.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom