• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's "Let's Watch Anime" OT: Now Watching: Servant x Service (6/21-7/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we did Code Gaess before we did Devil is a Part Timer, would any of you participate?

I need to catch up on these episodes, it's just tough when I'm on vacation.
Well I participated less than I intended to, but that's because I sorta forgot and ended up having to binge a bunch of episode at once like three times.
😞

But hey, I still need to watch Code Geass some time so I'm up for it. I watched The Devil is a Part Timer about a month ago so I'm going to have to skip that one.

pbayne

So if we did Code Gaess before we did Devil is a Part Timer, would any of you participate?

I need to catch up on these episodes, it's just tough when I'm on vacation.

A Code Geass one would be a lot of fun if you could rope a lot of first timers into it.

The main problems with it though would be length(50 episodes), im sure a lot of people have already seen it and its ending is one of the worst kept secrets in anime. And people intending to re-watch probably don't want to be in the situation of going "nudge nudge you're not gonna believe what happens next" in fear of spoiling stuff for others.

JulianImp

A Code Geass one would be a lot of fun if you could rope a lot of first timers into it.

The main problems with it though would be length(50 episodes), im sure a lot of people have already seen it and its ending is one of the worst kept secrets in anime. And people intending to re-watch probably don't want to be in the situation of going "nudge nudge you're not gonna believe what happens next" in fear of spoiling stuff for others.

Worst-kept secret? I don't know a thing about the series, so I'd be fine with watching it if it's supposed to be okay.

As far as this show goes, I tried watching Ep4 yesterday but got bored halfway through it. My main gripe with the show is how much it relies on one-note gags (MC's large boobs, cosplay otaku girl, Hasebe being annoying but a nice guy at the same time, Mikuru #2 being an extreme doormat, brocon tsundere little sister with constant angry expression mark on her face), and I can't just bring myself to care about anyone at all.

I'd say that this show wasn't all that good for a let's watch, mostly because of how many anime-centric gags it relies on. The fact that the show repeatedly puts a lampshade on how what everyone's doing to the MC should be considered sexual harrassment, and yet they continue doing it, is just too anime and cringhe-inducing for me, honestly...

Cornbread78

Fun final three episodes, but it's a shame that nothing was settled in the end. I'm guessing there is more to tge manga that hasn't been adapted as of yet? Hopefully, we can get a 2nd season/movie/OVA eventually because the show was pretty fun to watch with good characters and well timed humor. I can see where sone of thd complaints cobd from, but it had a good tone and was fun enough to watch.

Ok, we can start Code Geass next week. It will be a long one, but she be wildly entertaining, so I'm all aboard.

John Blade

Fun final three episodes, but it's a shame that nothing was settled in the end. I'm guessing there is more to tge manga that hasn't been adapted as of yet? Hopefully, we can get a 2nd season eventually because the show was pretty fun to watch with good characters and well timed humor. I can see where sone of thd complaints cobd from, but it had a good tone and was fun enough to watch..

Go read the final volume of the manga as you see the real ending which is actually better than the one on the TV. Also, all the arch ending done quite well. You can get it on Kindle or look for the physical copy for it. Man...look like I did the right thing and got the digital copy of the manga of the show. Still love it for what it's.....just a fun show which isn't hard to follow.

Episode 12
I'm actually surprised that Ichimiya willingly went to see Chihaya. Ichimiya, why are you saying, "Thank goodness," when your girlfriend tries to have sex with you and fails? Aw, why did Lucy ditch the glasses? Hasebe had the same thought. Oh hey, that guess from earlier in the thread was right, it was Hasebe's father that approved Lucy's name.

Episode 13
I'm not a fan of them taking this so seriously, especially with them failing to bring up the earlier point that Lucy's parents are really the ones at fault, but I liked the gag of Lucy's hair hitting the section manager in the eye, and some of the other gags. When everyone was interrupting Lucy and Hasebe's conversation, I was hoping for the section manager to reveal his true self and be all like, "Surprise, motherfuckers." The ending was alright.

The series was alright, overall. Like a lot of comedies, it got better once more characters were introduced and the relationships were better established.

dickroach

a bit LTTP, but just finished up the series. really enjoyable show. the reveal of the guy who approved Lucy's name was obvious since the beginning of episode one, but seeing all the characters' relationships evolve was really fun. Chihaya "lightening the mood" was legit funny. the manager character was ridiculous but I dug it.
+ where can I see the true ending from the manga? I found some of the manga online, but didnt see the ending.

also,
qpqe2Bf.png

7s2Vj0n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom