• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Most Anticipated Games of 2017

Lifeline

#10 in 2014: Ground Zeroes
#10 in 2015: The Order 1886
#10 in 2016: No Mans Sky

There's a #10 curse and Ni No Kuni is next

For the most part people seem to be loyal to studios and creators who they've enjoyed the work of in the past though. After Journey, I'm massively excited for Game #4 even after just a teaser image.

I wouldn't expect it to be in the Top 10 or anything but its lack of appearance is a surprise to me. For example, Project Sonic 2017 is at #43.

It had 6 points if you were interested.

Persona 5 was robbed! :lol

What really suprised me was RDR2. That literally had like one trailer and Rockstar just said it was coming right? Crazy how anticipated people are. RDR was one of my favorite games of all time too!

Moofers

I'm surprised Persona was almost the winner and even more surprised that Nier was in the top 10 at all, much less #6. They are both games I'm excited for, but I didn't know there were so many others here like me. I also thought maybe RE7 would be a couple spots higher but whatever.

Oh, and Tekken 7 is way too far down the list, IMO.

Lifeline

I'm surprised Persona was almost the winner and even more surprised that Nier was in the top 10 at all, much less #6. They are both games I'm excited for, but I didn't know there were so many others here like me. I also thought maybe RE7 would be a couple spots higher but whatever.

The demo coming out right around the voting time probably helped a lot.

timberger

Zelda winning isn't too big a surprise considering what this place has been like in recent times whenever it gets mentioned. I'd be more excited for it if not for that ludicrous sounding rumour about the Wii U version being delayed. Really hope that ends up being bullshit.

My money on delays is all on Red Dead. No way that makes this year. NNK2 is the runner up. Too little shown so far for my liking. The rest of the top 10 all seem reasonable enough for this year though.

mrmickfran

My list vs GAFs list:

1. Zelda -> #1
2. Persona -> #2
3. Nier: Automata -> #6
4. Hatsune Miku -> #68
5. Nioh -> #7
6. Sonic Mania -> #19
7. Yooka-Laylee -> #11
8. Final Fantasy XII -> #17
9. Danganronpa -> #15
10. Mahvel -> #18

This is the first year where the majority of my list coincides so well with GAFs list. I'm becoming one with the hivemind :0

Poor Miku though :((((

I never expected Danganronpa to be so high tho lmao

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Come on GAF needs to get more excited for Ace Combat 7. That game's going to be tits.

I can't wait for the first 5 games listed. I honestly cant see any of those games being bad. Maybe Horizon, but all signs point to it being at least decent.

StoveOven

Banned
Where My Top 10 Placed:

1. Persona 5 (2)
2. NieR: Automata (6)
3. Zelda: BOTW (1)
4. Gravity Rush 2 (9)
5. Nex Machina (58)
6. Pyre (45)
7. Ni No Kuni II (10)
8. Horizon (3)
9. Cosmic Star Heroine (39)
10. Yakuza 0 (16)

So not too out of line with GAF's taste, but not exactly in-line either. Also, it's cool to see Cosmic Star jumping from 93 last year to 39 this year

Lifeline

All the more smaller and surprising games that made the list (Nier, Nioh, GR2) had pretty popular demos. Hopefully this means more games start doing demos again, including the bigger AAA games.

mrmickfran

I was looking back at the lists for the other years and holy shit, you guys weren't kidding.

This is Persona's 4th year in a row lmao

Genio88

Zelda first is right as it should be, i expected better results for RE7 though, i know the saga took a bad path, but this one looks really great, and it's right behind the corner now

DMONKUMA

Nice list all of the top ten is games I want to play this year and cool that two of my comments are up there :)

Great work Shinobi.

17 of the top 25 are Japanese, complete domination!

Western gaming definitely seems to be struggling for ideas at the moment, I don't disagree.

Wow, very close result for the top two spots. What a great list, though. This really highlights how fantastic a year 2017 is shaping up to be.

Pretty good taste, GAF. And great work Shinobi, as always!

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild [1]
2. Resident Evil 7 [8]
3. Red Dead Redemption 2 [4]
4. Prey [13]
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn [3]
6. Cuphead [27]
7. Yooka-Laylee [11]

My tastes are a bit out of line with the consensus...not a lot of love for cRPG's on this forum. Also surprised at how low Styx is ranked, one of the best stealth games of the past years.

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera (#29)
2. Divinity: Original Sin 2 (#26)
3. Expeditions: Viking (#82)
4. Kingdome Come: Deliverance (#51)
5. ELEX (#70)
6. Styx: Shards of Darkness (#84)
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda (#5)
8. Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones (#262)
9. Battletech (#46)
10. South Park: The Fractured But Whole (#12)

Nier and Gravity Rush 2 in Top10

15973729.gif

kromeo

You don't come around here much do you? :p

Exentryk

Close top 2 there. Glad to see NieR and Ni No Kuni 2 make the top 10.
Gorgeous banner work! Thanks for the all the work, guys!

LordKano

Zelda FTW ! Glad to see my quote is amongst the chosen ones.

Four games out of my five picks are in the top 20 (Zelda, Persona 5, Dangaronpa V3 and Sonic Mania), the only missing is #21 and it's Dragon Quest XI.

Very solid list nonethless.

I'm really glad to see Zelda at #1, even though Nioh is my personal #1.

Persona 5 is an assured great game solely because it is refining the excellent P3 formula. I won't be burned out since I did not play 4, but P5 is ultimately just JRPG comfort. That's why I only ranked it #6, and put Zelda at #2.

Horizon has a lot to live up to with its #3 ranking. It will be the only big first-party Sony exclusive for the first half of 2017, so it had better deliver.

Ni no Kuni 2, Resident Evil 7, FF XII: Zodiac Age, and Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite are all higher than I expected, so I'm happy to see them where they are.

This is going to be a big year.

Top Bottom