• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's struggle with the meaning of "minimalism"

Melchiah

This comes to mind.

OlBvfR2.jpg

I'm not sure if the best thing about this thread is GAF's total lack of understanding, or the fact that almost nobody read the text accompanying the Gitaroo Man post and they all think it was a legit suggestion.

Cropduster89

Neo Member
nyBli.jpg

I think the NTSC vs PAL covers demonstrate the difference pretty well,

I bought ICO based on how amazing the PAL cover art was, it's a got a pretty evocative charm to it. I don't think I'd have bothered if I'd if I'd seen the NTSC version first.

Floex

This thread is brilliant 😂

Not sure if posted yet but Cosmic Smash gets my vote for one of the best minimalist covers.

hdr0176actual.jpg

Tiops

Dear God, I saw people complaining about this thread but didn't think it was THIS bad. Some suggestion actually made me laugh out loud (mixed with anger).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The artstyle GBA games are probably the best examples of minimalism in this thread... I guess when I think of minimalism my mind instantly thinks "something that looks like it could be the cover of a Kompakt records album circa 2007". Like aforementioned artstyle games or this:

isinternalsectionplaystationjp.jpg

Top Bottom