• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #2

Arol

Arol (ToonLink) Over KillaSasa (Donkey Kong) Smashville
Arol (ToonLink) Over KillaSasa (Donkey Kong) Halberd

GGs Sasa, never expected to face Donkey Kong.

Edit: Also realized I'm done with pools woo.

SuperAndroid17 (Wario) over Gamer @ Heart (Kirby) on Smashville
SuperAndroid17 (Wario) over Gamer @ Heart (Kirby) on Final Desitination.

The first match was ALL Adroid. The second match I fucked up at the end after leading the whoel thing. I am ashamed.

Droid decided to give me a third match because the lag was so bad on the first which i won allwing me to save face. Bless him.

Teknoman

I'll be able to battle after the game is off, which should be in a little bit. So Android and Gamer if you're still up for it, i'll be ready in a few.

Halycon has told me he has forefeited due to sudden illness. :(

Me and dreavus won't fight till tomorrow night.

Oh, and Dragon...MY HANDS!! Haha, your great. I had to go dine.

Killa Sasa (DK) over ICallItFutile (Lucario) on Smashville
Killa Sasa (DK) over ICallItFutile (Lucario) on Final Desitination.

GG's man

Jiggy

Just to be clear on this, everyone, I am indeed recording statistics behind the scenes! So be sure to post full details and whatnot; I've already had to drag info on three separate stage counterpicks out of people in IRC. :D That is all. (And no relation to the above post.)

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Killa Sasa said:
Killa Sasa (DK) over ICallItFutile (Lucario) on Smashville
Killa Sasa (DK) over ICallItFutile (Lucario) on Final Desitination.

GG's man

Man DK's down b is such an easy way to get instant kills. Good job!

And with that I'm done with the pool...with an 1-8 record, 0-4 overall. :(

It looks like I'm gonna have to fold/dropout. I thought I'd get a replacement router in time, but that won't happen for a couple days. I could use straight up broadband since I have the LAN adapter, but that means no IRC during matches. Also, it would take longer to complete each match and that only drags my group down.

Gamer @ Heart (kirby) over Teknoman (lucario) at Smashville
Gamer @ Heart (kirby) over Teknoman (Samus) at Battlefield

GG's.

Jiggy, do you need more info than this? What else do you require?

Gamer @ Heart said:
Gamer @ Heart (kirby) over Teknoman (lucario) at Smashville
Gamer @ Heart (kirby) over Teknoman (Samus) at Battlefield

GG's.

Jiggy, do you need more info than this? What else do you require?
Your human soul and body so he can get the info first-hand.

Milabrega

Sorry to hear that Sonicspear =(.

Mars is now in Group 1. Also, Halycon hasn't dropped out, he'll let us know if he's feeling better tomorrow. He's also a part of Group 2 which currently has 6 members do to the possible MIA Omega. If in the event Halycon does drop, no substitution will be made if Omega comes back by Thursday. If Omega doesn't come back and Halycon Drops we will need to make a substitution.

Mars got the first sub spot since he had a day jump on Dragonlife and Siyou on signing up and he's been hounding in the irc for two days hoping for one to open. If Siyou and Dragonlife would like, they can fight a tourney format match ( 4 stock, starts on smashville, no items, best of 3 ) to see who gets priority on the next sub spot [If there is a need].

If 6 more people sign up to be subs by the time round 1 ends. (or 5 if sonicspear would like to come back if his router gets fixed), there are 8 byes that would be in the bragging rights bracket that could be replaced so that the late sign ups can participate.

Milabrega said:
Sorry to hear that Sonicspear =(.

Mars is now in Group 1. Also, Halycon hasn't dropped out, he'll let us know if he's feeling better tomorrow. He's also a part of Group 2 which currently has 6 members do to the possible MIA Omega. If in the event Halycon does drop, no substitution will be made if Omega comes back by Thursday. If Omega doesn't come back and Halycon Drops we will need to make a substitution.

Mars got the first sub spot since he had a day jump on Dragonlife and Siyou on signing up and he's been hounding in the irc for two days hoping for one to open. If Siyou and Dragonlife would like, they can fight a tourney format match ( 4 stock, starts on smashville, no items, best of 3 ) to see who gets priority on the next sub spot [If there is a need].

If 6 more people sign up to be subs by the time round 1 ends. (or 5 if sonicspear would like to come back if his router gets fixed), there are 8 byes that would be in the bragging rights bracket that could be replaced so that the late sign ups can participate.

Oops. I read Halycon's PM's in the wrong time order (backwards). Sorry for shooting the gun Haly.

truendo

Guys, I'm really sorry. I need to drop out of this tournament and any other ones that I'm currently in (I think I lost them all :lol ). Due to complications out of my control, I won't be able to come on GAF, or the internet at all for for quite some time. I'll be back, but I'm not sure when. It could be as little as a week or as much as a few years. :/

Also, don't delete me from your friend rosters, as I will probably still be able to Brawl.

Jiggy

Well, "keeping it secret" would imply that I cared either way whether people knew, but I never did. :p Just wanted to leave the decision up to you since you're generally more private than I am.

truendo said:
Guys, I'm really sorry. I need to drop out of this tournament and any other ones that I'm currently in (I think I lost them all :lol ). Due to complications out of my control, I won't be able to come on GAF, or the internet at all for for quite some time. I'll be back, but I'm not sure when. It could be as little as a week or as much as a few years. :/

See ya for now! If there's anything urgent that for some reason you guys need to talk to me about, contact Jiggy, as he is my cousin. Jiggy and I have been keeping it secret, but now you guys know. So ya, bye for now!

Also, don't delete me from your friend rosters, as I will probably still be able to Brawl.

Sorry to hear that, but you're probably better off, trust me or God rather. Be productive and take care, my friend. :)

JCX

JCX9 (Pikachu) over Mars( (Falco) on smashville
Mars (Falco) over JCX9 (Olimar) on Final destination
JCX9 (Sheik) over Mars (Falco) on Norfair

very intense 2nd round. GG

Icana (Ike) over Dreavus (Meta Knight) --Smashville
Icana (Ike) over Dreavus (Zelda)--Battlefield

Good games, pal. You're probably still fatigued from work so don't think I'll over-estimate you if we battle again. We both hopefully had fun. :)

Teknoman

JCX9 said:
JCX9 (Pikachu) over Mars( (Falco) on smashville
Mars (Falco) over JCX9 (Olimar) on Final destination
JCX9 (Sheik) over Mars (Falco) on Norfair

very intense 2nd round. GG

Did Mars take whats his names place in our group?

Anyway I still need to fight you and I guess Mars as well.

Dreavus

Spirit Icana said:

Good games, pal. You're probably still fatigued from work so don't think I'll over-estimate you if we battle again. We both hopefully had fun. :)

Nah I don't think it was work, you just destroyed me :lol . I think I need to play online more often :p

JCX

Teknoman said:
Did Mars take whats his names place in our group?

Anyway I still need to fight you and I guess Mars as well.

My brother is in your group. his account isn't approved yet so i am speaking for him.

Mars

Banned
Mars (Falco) over Ruffles (Kirby) on Smashville
Ruffles (Pit) over Mars (Falco) on Hanenbow
Ruffles (Pit) over Mars (Bowser) on FD

I also forfeit as I'm not really interested in the 24-man losers bracket, so give Xia and Crimmy wins for the sake of tournament organizing facility, if that helps, not that it makes any difference in the standings.

Killa Sasa (DK) over Hatchet Man( Mr. Game and Watch) Smashville
Killa Sasa (DK) over Hatchet Man( Mr. Game and Watch) Delfino Plaza

Good games Killa Sasa.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
truendo said:

See ya for now! If there's anything urgent that for some reason you guys need to talk to me about, contact Jiggy, as he is my cousin. Jiggy and I have been keeping it secret, but now you guys know. So ya, bye for now!

miyamoto.gif

Dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Hope everything works out. Jiggy better keep us updated, giving us hope of your swift return!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spirit Icana said:

This is going how I planned... almost.

Milabrega

Mars said:
I also forfeit as I'm not really interested in the 24-man losers bracket, so give Xia and Crimmy wins for the sake of tournament organizing facility, if that helps, not that it makes any difference in the standings.

Thats really poor taste to just quit because you didn't win AFTER you were given a spot as a sub, Junior.

Mars

Banned
haha well I also seem to be lagging everyone to all hell, so I think I need to fix that before I do any competitive brawl... notably in second match with JCX and all the matches with Ruffles it would freeze, we'd both do smashes and not see each others start-up lag and then be splayed to either side...

I don't want to lag more people up...

And I am sorry Milabrega, I am grateful you gave me the sub, it just seems pointless to lag up the matches that are "just for fun" and in the process take away the aforementioned fun

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'm still looking for my opponents in my group. I've begun sending PMs, but have yet to recieve a response. So, yeah, in case anyone was wondering, I haven't forgotten about this thing. >_>

Jiggy

SuperAndroid17 said:
SuperAndroid17 (Donkey Kong ) Over Teknoman ( Bowser)
SuperAndroid17 (Wario) Over Teknoman ( Samus )

good games, funny endings too!
Do you remember what Teknoman's counterpick here was?

mugwhump

Mugwhump (Captain Falcon) vs. TheCrow (Luigi)
Mugwhump (Captain Falcon) vs. TheCrow (Luigi) Final Destination

3 kills were via falcon punch! : D

Milabrega

Group 2 won't need a sub since Omega is now officially out, we already knew prior that he may have been going mia thats why you were the only group with 6 people.

Kwokuen, Viewtiful_Dru and OliveJuice, do you have set times for any matches set up? Has anyone in these people's group heard from them?

Arol

I don't actually have a preference and I know it's probably too early to ask but I'm a bit curious about the next stage of the tournament.

Is the bracket seeding going to be done World Cup style or more in the vein of the current Euro cup? Or will there be no seeding at all and just randomized?

Teknoman

Milabrega said:
Group 2 won't need a sub since Omega is now officially out, we already knew prior that he may have been going mia thats why you were the only group with 6 people.

Kwokuen, Viewtiful_Dru and OliveJuice, do you have set times for any matches set up? Has anyone in these people's group heard from them?

Havent heard from Kwokuen, going to try and fight JCX's brother either tonight or tomorrow.

Dreavus

Halycon (Toon Link) over Dreavus (MetaKnight)
Dreavus (MetaKnight) over Halycon (Toon Link) Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Dreavus (MetaKnight) over Halycon (Lucario) Battlefield

Really good games. I couldn't seem to get through your projectiles on the first round, but on the second you seemed to be fighting hand-to-hand a bit more. :p

scottnak

Iam Canadian said:
I'm still looking for my opponents in my group. I've begun sending PMs, but have yet to recieve a response. So, yeah, in case anyone was wondering, I haven't forgotten about this thing. >_>

Lies! I haven't gotten a PM yet!

Anywhoo, I'm available anytime 2pm+ for the next few days. Excepting the days when there's a NBA Finals game then it depends how long the people come by for... bt just bug me on IRC or AIM (AIM is better...) and we can do these...

Top Bottom