• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

ZeroCDR

I don't advocate piracy either.

$60 is a lot of money for 30 very old games on a device that you cannot add more games to and will have to buy new units when they release when you want more games.

$60 isn't a bad price if you actually want all these games digitally in a legal manner. Nintendo charges $5 per NES game on VC.

You also can add games to this thing now, there's a whole topic about it here. I suppose it's a grey area, but it's a thing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Honestly at this point I'd much rather them save multiple shipments of them and release them all at once.

Mirk

Saw on nowinstock comments gamestop was getting them today. So I stopped in after work and they had 2 left! Bought came home and my order for the 8bitdo classic edition set was sitting on my porch! Now its time for some dragon warrior IV. Today is good.

Saw on nowinstock comments gamestop was getting them today. So I stopped in after work and they had 2 left! Bought came home and my order for the 8bitdo classic edition set was sitting on my porch! Now its time for some dragon warrior IV. Today is good.

it was a ymmv lead. none in my area has seen a shipment all month,

Chucker

Nice!
I'm at the part where Taloon has to get the broad swords and half plate armors and I hate it lol.

Austin TX

GameStop in Domain has one more. They got two and ai nabbed one for myself. No official controllers in stock but third party, yes. No extension cords

Edit: GONE

Chucker

Even if you have no interest in adding games to your mini, you'll probably want to give the mod thread a look. It's worth killing off the epilepsy filter and adding a button combo to main menu on a NES Classic controller. Also better scan lines if you're into it.

Syriel

I don't advocate piracy either.

$60 is a lot of money for 30 very old games on a device that you cannot add more games to and will have to buy new units when they release when you want more games.

If you weren't advocating piracy, then please let us all know how we can get the 30 included games "for free" as you stated in your post.

I really hope that these things can be in stock online at some point. As a person who resides in the rural midwest US, there really aren't any stores to line up at. The 2 Walmarts within driving distance haven't had a restock since launch. Been crying ever since.

crpav

Finally found one last night. I local stock via a stock checking site and said 0 available but 1 saleable. Got there with no hopes of getting one and wasn't sure I wanted to ask. Go to the section and there it was in the case. I guess they got 2 in and 1 is in the back and then this 1.

rothgar

Austin TX

GameStop in Domain has one more. They got two and ai nabbed one for myself. No official controllers in stock but third party, yes. No extension cords

Edit: GONE

South Austin ToysRUs got 9 this morning. Showed up 15 minutes before opening, 4 people were in line. Everyone that showed up right before opening got one.

Just got mine from Best Buy today through the mail, loving it so far. Wish I had more time to play before school and work, but oh well. Definitely gonna be looking into modding it.

b3b0p

Damn, the Austin peeps representing. I live downtown, no car, and I have no problem biking a few miles to Barton Creek or Wal-Mart or Gamestop on South Congress. Those only take 20-40 minutes to get to, but I have never biked North to The Domain. Is there a bike path the whole way? 12 miles isn't that far and considering if I had a car, in traffic, would probably not take much less time.

DirtyLarry

For those getting the nes and interested in modding your nes

Go here for Gaf discussion:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331553

Go here for updates from the tool creator:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hakchi2-nes-mini-very-simple-pimp-tool.456256/

OP has the latest updated tool
Thanks. I just got mine today from my local Gamestop. Out of the 4 gamestop in my area, 3 of them sold out pretty much within an hour. This 4th one I purchased the second to last one. I want to Mod it right away no doubt.

I just got the "Advantage" ( The Edge Joystick from EMiO) and its actually a lot of fun and seems pretty sturdy. I never owned an Advantage so I can't really compare it to its predecessor sadly. But I definitely recommend checking it out if you want a stick for your classic! The cable is 9'. Turbo works pretty well. It also comes with a bat top joystick you can screw on instead of the ball top, and even a pretty cool Cheat Code book which really feels like something you'd find at a news stand in 1990.

my system just shipped from gamestop today, should be here Monday morning. finally, paying the extra 20 bucks for the wireless controller was worth it so I don't have to hunt this thing anymore

Damn, the Austin peeps representing. I live downtown, no car, and I have no problem biking a few miles to Barton Creek or Wal-Mart or Gamestop on South Congress. Those only take 20-40 minutes to get to, but I have never biked North to The Domain. Is there a bike path the whole way? 12 miles isn't that far and considering if I had a car, in traffic, would probably not take much less time.

Too long of a hitch only to risk having the handful they get sell out by time you get there.

More inventory is dripping down to retailers. Go to a Target closeby to you on Saturday and Sunday morning for your best chances there.

Mine arrives today from Best Buy, woo

"Sell it."

vix

I went to Walmart today, missed the last one by 10 minutes. Lady said thy only got about 6 in. Went to Toys R Us and missed out barely too, guy there said they got 12 and he didn't think they'd be getting more in.

GTI Guy

I need to get that NES Advantage for Ring King. Plus Ring King has the greatest between rounds animation ever.

giphy.gif

I just got the "Advantage" ( The Edge Joystick from EMiO) and its actually a lot of fun and seems pretty sturdy. I never owned an Advantage so I can't really compare it to its predecessor sadly. But I definitely recommend checking it out if you want a stick for your classic! The cable is 9'. Turbo works pretty well. It also comes with a bat top joystick you can screw on instead of the ball top, and even a pretty cool Cheat Code book which really feels like something you'd find at a news stand in 1990.

Anyone knows an European retailer whom selling these?

DirtyLarry

you bought 4 of them?
Nah, only 1. As others have correctly pointed out, I tried 4 different GameStops (called them), and only the 4th one that I tried had any left. And I purchased the second to last one they had.
This was a matter of maybe an hour between me calling the 1st one and them confirming the shipment was arriving to me calling again and most of them already being sold out. Across 3 different stores. The fever is real. The one kid said people were already waiting at the store to purchase them.

id like to know too. the latest to go on sale was the insignia one but it has no reviews and i dont know if anyone around here bought it either.

Totally missed this before, I bought one of those! The build quality is just as high as the official controller honestly. The only differences lie in the buttons. I've noticed on the official one you can kind "spin" the d-pad, like it will shift in a circular motion a bit. This isn't the case on the Insignia one. Also the buttons themselves ever so slightly concave differently. Like just barely a little more shallow.

Also like a 10' cable sooooo.

Top Bottom