• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Proxy/VPN Discussion |OT| Discuss the use of Proxies and VPNs with Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just set up a trial account at Getflix. Changed the DNS settings on my router and now it's all Netflix US. Didn't think it would work that easily.
Question though, will chromecast change to Netflix US as well? Seeing as everything goes through the router.

jts

...hate me...
Just set up a trial account at Getflix. Changed the DNS settings on my router and now it's all Netflix US. Didn't think it would work that easily.
Question though, will chromecast change to Netflix US as well? Seeing as everything goes through the router.
No, while that's true for most devices, since usually by default they set their DNS to the gateway (router) IP, any device can bypass the router's DNS settings, if they have set own DNS external IP.

And the Chromecast IIRC has hardcoded 8.8.8.8 as the DNS.

So you'll have to do a workaround like iptables to block 8.8.8.8 and point that to a different IP.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

cripterion

ViperDNS closed down. 2 weeks ago they had all the regions working. Oh well, fuck Netlix, their content is getting stale anyways.

jts

...hate me...
Getflix not working in the last few hours as well.

Is this the end?

These last months have felt like that band in Titanic.

Fades

Banned
Getflix not working in the last few hours as well.

Is this the end?

These last months have felt like that band in Titanic.

Maybe it has changed since you posted, but Getflix is working here, Canada accessing US West region.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
My VPN service of choice is still working with a couple of regions (US, SWE, CAN, UK and some others) and if stuff isn't working they have live chat support available most of the day. Their app works on phones as well. It's not free though.

I have a router set up, so I can simply switch my FireTV's Wifi to either stream local Netflix or US.

PM me for the name of the service

Des0lar

will learn eventually
anyone use Pure VPN and can vouch for it? apparently theres a deal for $80 lifetime service (all you have to do is contact them to renew in 5 years, as long as they are still in business lol) and allows 5 simultaneous logins, so people are splitting it in groups of 3's on slickdeals but i'd rather get in on a group with gaffers if anyone is interested.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/lifet..._StackSocial_DailyDeals_2794&utm_medium=email

Slickdeals URL

Sounds like a great deal. Would love to get more info on Netflix availability.

Hackbert

Sounds like a great deal. Would love to get more info on Netflix availability.

are you using express vpn? i gladly paid up a few months back, cause the big three netflix libraries were working (UK; US; CA) but now only us if i am lucky and the others are closed.

jts

...hate me...
So I believe Getflix is finally done for.

Last issue update here is from August 21st and hasn't been updated saying it's working ever since. That's the longest period Getflix has been down, I think.

I haven't tried it every day, but always when I did, it wouldn't work.

Is this finally it gents? Or anyone having a different experience?

Moozo

It's ogre.
What am I going to do at Christmas when I want to watch all the good films that Sky have the rights to in the UK

Lagamorph

Getflix do keep trying to work around it, but I heard Netflix have it in a contract with Sony that they have make blocking efforts every 2 weeks or so in order to keep up with new workarounds.

jts

...hate me...
I resubbed, but with no long term expectations. Just enjoying a few extra shows and movies for a small price, until it stops working again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, just saw their update. I'm sure it'll get nuked soon, but at least they're trying.

It's weird saying this, but if there was a global monopoly and one company owned our entire lives, then at least we wouldn't have this problem. lol

sturmdogg

I don't know about the rest of you, but apparently the VPN blocker only works on US Netflix. Was able to watch Edge of Tomorrow and an episode of Big Bang Theory on Spain Netflix last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom