• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Proxy/VPN Discussion |OT| Discuss the use of Proxies and VPNs with Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currenty paying (with my swedish Caster Card) for and watching Hulu + on my PS4 with a unblock-us proxy if you are implying Hulu needs a US credit card.

Yeah, works with my Norwegian card as well. Didn't work like um... 3 years ago when I first tried signing up, but it worked 1.5 years ago when I tried signing up again for some reason.

Lagamorph

I am currenty paying (with my swedish Caster Card) for and watching Hulu + on my PS4 with a unblock-us proxy if you are implying Hulu needs a US credit card.

Yeah, works with my Norwegian card as well. Didn't work like um... 3 years ago when I first tried signing up, but it worked 1.5 years ago when I tried signing up again for some reason.

I just get my Hulu by buying 3-month gift cards. No PayPal or credit card needed.

Hulu doesn't work with my UK Credit Card. If I use my real post code, no luck, if I use a random American Zip code, it says it can't be authenticated.

I can't even find gift cards for sale on eBay anymore either. No idea where else to buy them.

Symphonia

Banned
Hulu doesn't work with my UK Credit Card. If I use my real post code, no luck, if I use a random American Zip code, it says it can't be authenticated.

I can't even find gift cards for sale on eBay anymore either. No idea where else to buy them.
There are a ton of sites where you can buy gift cards.

I'm from UK, too, and had the same problem as you.

Lagamorph

There are a ton of sites where you can buy gift cards.

I'm from UK, too, and had the same problem as you.
Are there? Like where? I certainly wouldn't mind picking up my Hulu sub again as it had a good amount of stuff I couldn't get elsewhere, especially non-Funimation anime.

I now have Getflix and Hulu+ worked with it on my PS4 before christmans but now (after latest system and app update) Hulu app seems to just stop on title loading screen.

Anyone with Getflix able to watch Hulu+ on their PS4 right now?

Seemed my IP had changed over the Christmas weekend. It works now again after reactivating.

Symphonia

Banned
Have Amazon followed suit and prevented DNS/VPNs being used to access other countries service? I can no longer use any DNS settings to access the US Prime from the UK.

Have Amazon followed suit and prevented DNS/VPNs being used to access other countries service? I can no longer use any DNS settings to access the US Prime from the UK.

I use Getflix, and just tried, and can still access. I am from Ireland though, but if Amazon did something it would presumably affect other countries.

So my old credit card I payed Hulu + with has expired and I have been issued a new one.

Problem is now that when I try to update payment information it wont accept my new card.

I live in Sweden and it issued from my swedish bank but I did not have any problem with my old card.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

or am I doomed to go back to pirating some tv shows?

So my old credit card I payed Hulu + with has expired and I have been issued a new one.

Problem is now that when I try to update payment information it wont accept my new card.

I live in Sweden and it issued from my swedish bank but I did not have any problem with my old card.

You could possibly buy Hulu codes online.

Has been working on my LG TV for a month or two and now I get the error again. With Getflix. They do have tips on adding certain numbers in your router to maybe bypass that error from Netflix but I rather not mess around too much in my router.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

Hulu can be super randomly picky with non-US cards.
Like you, an old card I had worked fine, then the newly issued one didn't and neither did any of the other cards I have for that matter. I kept trying every now and then, and a few months later one of them just worked.
So you can just keep trying with different cards, or buy one of those Hulu online code cards.

Hey Streaming GAF! While I live in the States, I'm currently visiting my mom in New Zealand and gave her my old Apple TV so she can get in on the action. There was a weird glitch with her line that allowed us to watch Hulu temporarily, but then it was quickly fixed. While there's plenty of stuff on NZ Netflix to occupy her time, I thought I'd get her hooked up on a VPN so she can watch Hulu as well (via my account)

Is Unblock US a good option? Do I have to be careful with Netflix banning accounts (I heard this was a thing about a year ago). Thanks!

Hey Streaming GAF! While I live in the States, I'm currently visiting my mom in New Zealand and gave her my old Apple TV so she can get in on the action. There was a weird glitch with her line that allowed us to watch Hulu temporarily, but then it was quickly fixed. While there's plenty of stuff on NZ Netflix to occupy her time, I thought I'd get her hooked up on a VPN so she can watch Hulu as well (via my account)

Is Unblock US a good option? Do I have to be careful with Netflix banning accounts (I heard this was a thing about a year ago). Thanks!

If you're just gonna use it for Hulu, then get a lifetime sub to getflix from stacksocial or such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom