• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 3DS packaging design is amazing.

raven777

some bigger renders

54088B034E6CEA0027

54088B034E71140025

54088B044E6E72002B

54088B054E09480006

//ARCANUM

I wonder how the faceplates will affect limited edition models? Will they still put them out with regularity? Or will they move towards just selling limited faceplates? I'd love to have a collection of limited faceplates that I could switch out rather than having to buy multiple 3DS's.

But who am I kidding, of course it's still gonna be limited edition models lol.

vids

Unconfirmed Member
540886923852DA0029

I think this one is really bad. It's Monster Hunter and instead of monster, they put a render of a npc in the cover.

I really hope they release the MH4 New 3DS in the West though. If not at least give us a Xenoblade XL.

I wonder how the faceplates will affect limited edition models? Will they still put them out with regularity? Or will they move towards just selling limited faceplates? I'd love to have a collection of limited faceplates that I could switch out rather than having to buy multiple 3DS's.

But who am I kidding, of course it's still gonna be limited edition models lol.

They'll certainly continue to do limited editions for the N3DS LL/XL, but I think part of the goal was to get away from the limited editions for regular and XL at the same time. This allows games to sell 'LE' or 'CE' versions with gameplates.

Akzel

In my opinion I don't feel the design is that impressive but I do think the console itself is impressive visually talking.

also

Banned
1365231344665.jpg

How do you make a Monster Hunter bundle and put a guy on the box instead of an actual monster?
They wanted to be original so instead of just slapping a monster the box they made the whole box monstrous.

Joking aside, I hope the West does get a n3DS XL + MH4 bundle.

Why are they making the smaller sized one so much nicer than the LL? Way nicer buttons, beautiful swappable case designs... would it really be so hard to have it for both?

Fudo Myo

I hate to poop on the party and I'm genuinely no troll, but am I the only one who finds the new boxes garish and ugly? I'm not impressed -- they're too busy, in typical Japanese fashion. The coolest box in the thread is the black MoHan box.

Portalbox

I hate to poop on the party and I'm genuinely no troll, but am I the only one who finds the new boxes garish and ugly? I'm not impressed -- they're too busy, in typical Japanese fashion. The coolest box in the thread is the black MoHan box.

On the contrary, I think they look quite trendy. The XL ones are super boring in comparison, though.

Bullza2o

Nintendo handheld boxes just keeps getting better and better.

I like the black box better but prefer the white N3DS.

Not

Banned
Does anyone know a place I can turn in my old 3DS for the most cash in time to get this sucka? I'm thinking, like, anywhere other than Gamestop? It's a Black XL.

Keyouta

Region locking is horrible, and it makes even less sense on a handheld. I really want to play some of the japanese games but I don't want to pay for another console when I already have a 3DS.

The boxes look good though, for both the normal and LL variants.

Ultimadrago

I hate to poop on the party and I'm genuinely no troll, but am I the only one who finds the new boxes garish and ugly? I'm not impressed -- they're too busy, in typical Japanese fashion.

No, you're not. I was going to ask if the OP was legally blind. The boxes are much too busy and while it's a neat way to indirectly inform of the faceplate feature, the color composition makes me want to vomit a bit.

wanders

The LL package looks good too

The way the image is tilted also gives it a sense of playfulness at least compared to the current 3DS packages

I'm suddenly reminded of the opening credits of Saved by the Bell.

That reminds me of how nonsensical the Saved by the Bell theme song is. "Saved by the bell" means that you were unprepared for class, but the class ended before your unpreparedness got exposed. It has nothing to do with missing the bus because you overslept your alarm. Or the bizarre scenario of the second verse where the guy hides in his class and pretends to be absent to avoid both A.) a pop quiz and B.) handing in homework his dog ate. Why go to class and hide to pretend to be absent? Why not just skip class or pretend to be sick?

So many questions. Oh, on topic, cool box. It's eye catching and I like the Amiibo branding.

Top Bottom