• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity picture released and art leaked

According to Ubisoft this is alpha gameplay footage.

2014-06-0508_30_19-asrpcht.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQng7EkJHOI

I'll believe this when I actually see it up and running in a non demo environment.

Looks damn good though, hope it's legit.

Yeap, reminds me of Ryse. But yea, I'll believe it when I see it. Especially being Ubisoft and all...

Huh, now that you've mentioned it, it really does look like something out of Ryse.

We shouldn't have to wait too long to see if it's legit, they should hopefully have a playable demo at E3, especially with it releasing this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they called it Assassin's Creed V: Unity.

i'm really starting to disagree with Ubisoft's naming conventions on this series... such odd choices :p

I would not have given Black Flag a numbered entry as it was clearly still part of the AC3 saga of Kenways.
A new era should always have the first entry numbered, and it's sequels subtitled. Like they started to do with AC2.

Squire

Banned
I just hope that we haven't been fed bullshots like so many previous Ubisoft games.

And frankly until the title is in reviewers hands I'm gonna have a hard time taking your companies promises.

I honestly don't recall "so many Ubisoft games", but I will say I don't think this is worth comparing to Watch_Dogs, given that it's only on high-end consoles and PC. It's not being made to be scalable to the extent that that game was.

I know you didn't mention WD, specifically, but obviously that's the game on everyone's mind right now.

Vire

Yeap, reminds me of Ryse. But yea, I'll believe it when I see it. Especially being Ubisoft and all...
Ryse except it's open world with environments bigger than a 2x2 hallway. I'll believe it when I see it.

JawzPause

Honestly, all the game needs is a crouch.

Think it would alleviate pretty much any issue with any of the stealth missions

let us fucking crouch on command!
Yes fucking yes, I've been saying this for a while and honestly I'm baffled as to why they haven't included it yet

Squire

Banned
Ryse except it's open world with environments bigger than a 2x2 hallway. I'll believe it when I see it.

Ryse might be pushing it - I've never seen that game in person, so I wouldn't know.

I could totally see it looking as good as, say, Second Son though.

Vire

Ryse might be pushing it - I've never seen that game in person, so I wouldn't know.

I could totally see it looking as good as, say, Second Son though.
The trailer looks significantly better than Second Son to me, but I guess we'll find out in just a few days.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Only 10?

But seriously, I'm actually impressed that Watch Dogs was a Ubisoft Montreal production, considering the last AC that had a Ubisoft Montreal production title was Brotherhood I think. Maybe AC2.

I expect the credits to initiate the delivery of a pizza.

I have faith in Ubisoft's graphics considering both of their open world first efforts were beautiful despite being cross generational.

Ascenion

i'm really starting to disagree with Ubisoft's naming conventions on this series... such odd choices :p

I would not have given Black Flag a numbered entry as it was clearly still part of the AC3 saga of Kenways.
A new era should always have the first entry numbered, and it's sequels subtitled. Like they started to do with AC2.
I was saying in another thread that this is probably the true AC4. It had to be in development at least a year before black flag released, plus black flag never felt like a numbered entry.

Also given that Aveline would only be in her 50s during the French revolution....I smell an appearance as the mentor. Hype levels rising.

jcm

People talk shit about the amount of studios working on these games, but it's pretty damn impressive to me how well they are able to organize these studios into releasing one cohesive game (well moreso with 4 than 3)

Yes, their project management skills are top notch. It's not just the number of people, either. They're spread out all over the world, and yet, as you say, the games generally feel pretty cohesive. It's a skill that lots of other publishers seem in desparate need of.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Yes, their project management skills are top notch. It's not just the number of people, either. They're spread out all over the world, and yet, as you say, the games generally feel pretty cohesive. It's a skill that lots of other publishers seem in desparate need of.

It's pretty amazing what Ubisoft has done with their studios. They can get these games out on a regular basis and at the quality they deliver is pretty impressive.

On behalf of the people and teams that work hard, thank you for the kind words.

Raptor

I just want the graphics and smoothness of AC4 in this and Im there probably not day one but I will be there lol.

Top Bottom