• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer (Customization & Co-Op)

Bessy67

Looks fun. This is what I always envisioned when I thought of multiplayer in AC, not the PvP they went with in other games. Hopefully the different specializations will lead to different gameplay experiences, but with how easy combat has typically been in AC games I'm not sure how necessary leveling different skills or wearing heavier armor will be. Oh, and why is everyone speaking with a British accent?

Can't wait. Looks great, have they ditched the multiplayer? (please)

No multiplayer in this version. Kinda bums me out, but alas.

I find it odd that not only are they releasing Unity/Far Cry 4 in the same timeframe, their marketing plans seem to coincide too..

AndyD

aka andydumi
Oh wow, the variety of outfits, armor and equipment seems very interesting, and actually much more meaningful this time around.

And I really like that coop can be public, so hopefully random matchmaking and not the need to find a party before tackling missions.

When are we going to see some actual console gameplay?

The day you buy it for the console you want to see it on, or in reviews.

That trailer was pretty cool.

EDIT: Another watch on a bigger screen does show some heavy aliasing. I'd wager that this is indeed console gameplay.

Really glad to see you can change the color of everything

Some of these green/purple assassins that show up in the other trailers are ridiculous

Toa TAK

Banned
Can't wait. Looks great, have they ditched the multiplayer? (please)

The gaming gods have answered our prayers and finally removed PvP multiplayer in AC.

Now CO-OP is what should've been done long ago instead.

I'm also really impressed with the amount of detail being put into the game. Look at Arno's facial expressions as he fights. The lighting and animations are astounding for this series. I never asked for customization in Assassin's Creed, but damn, I can't wait to play around with it in this game. British accents aside, it seems they've nailed everything here gameplay wise.

November needs to hurry up and get here.

Auctopus

Yes. Competitive multiplayer is gone and has been replaced with 4 player co-op.

No multiplayer in this version. Kinda bums me out, but alas.

I find it odd that not only are they releasing Unity/Far Cry 4 in the same timeframe, their marketing plans seem to coincide too..

I actually loved the PvP multiplayer in the past games, but this looks far superior.

Very excited to not have the money to buy this.

Yay! Yeah, it was unique but the question was posed from a trophy hunter's perspective, embarrassingly. I did enjoy the multiplayer side just not Level 50 enjoy it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Is it me or is anyone else kinda worried they put too much weight on this Co-Op stuff?

Nah. It's a new feature they're advertizing. It's normal that they should highlight it more. Plus, all the co-op missions can be done solo, too.

The custom' looks insane, so much possibilities, can't wait to create my perfect Assassin ! The game seems really great but there is still some work to do with the stealth part :

pjC8q8S.png

zkorejo

One thing that I really hope is in is the ability to choose time of the day and weather when doing Co-op missions and/or replaying missions since there is no day/night cycle.

Jabba

Banned
This series hasn't been for me but Unity is a must buy for myself. The coop alone, looks to be worth the price of admission, imo.

Shredderi

Okay this is looking pretty good. I love how much you can customize your character now from your outfit to your weapon. You can make your assassin look pretty damn slick now. I'm definitely gonna emulate the classic white/red colour scheme outfit since that has always been my favourite.

I don't wanna create big expectations but with a good story this could be the best AC.
Oh and it seems that we'll have a stealth AC, finally.

Top Bottom