• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer (Customization & Co-Op)

Hoje0308

Banned
I'm honestly not happy about the inclusion of specialties. They're probably great for replaying missions, but during my first playthrough of any game I always like to improvise and use a variety of strategies, rather than adhering to a certain style. Oh well, I need a co-op game.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Hnnnggg...
jxwzqPH.jpg

wG5I2oF.jpg

When are we going to see some actual console gameplay?
Why? This din't even look as impressive as before imo.
This looks completely like a console version.
I even think it looks like a crossgen game now.

And some of these choices like a low profile hood? Come on now.

Slowly loosing interest, from being hyped as hell.

Omni

Yeah, this certainly looks like console gameplay.

Still looks good, mind you. But not as good. Maybe it's just the video?

Hits all the right points on paper - but am still going to wait on reviews. How much does co-op design affect the single player experience? "Replay missions for loot" in an AC game? There's been "loot" in most of them now and its never been worthwhile. And if skills or items unlock at specific points of the campaign, what is there to play through once you're fully equipped?

I'm actually optimistic about this game, but with so many changes and so many checkboxes to tick, I'm giving this one some space to see if it all actually comes together.

oh shit, you can do co op missions alone? Thank God. That was one thing I was worried about in this game. Also looks like there is some kind of matchamaking for it as well. I will play alone for as long as I can. But I can just see them putting unlocks or trophies/achievements behind co op actions, which will be extremely annoying.

Love the customization options and the huge number of colours and silhouettes in the armour and clothing. But lol at the prices on some of that shit. Please no microtransactions.

BigDug13

Hits all the right points on paper - but am still going to wait on reviews. How much does co-op design affect the single player experience? "Replay missions for loot" in an AC game? There's been "loot" in most of them now and its never been worthwhile. And if skills or items unlock at specific points of the campaign, what is there to play through once you're fully equipped?

I'm actually optimistic about this game, but with so many changes and so many checkboxes to tick, I'm giving this one some space to see if it all actually comes together.

Yeah one of the worst game designs is locking the coolest abilities your character can have until the end of the game, giving you very little game to experience with these cool abilities. Hope that isn't the case with this one.

It honestly discourages doing your side missions early, since those side missions will be more enjoyable once your character abilities are more unlocked. inFamous has continually suffered from this.

Hmm not impressed. Very low amount of abilities in the "skill trees".

Game looks great, but I am getting that feeling I had being roped in to prior AC games AC3 being the worst

After watching these reviews and videos for shadow of mordor, its really made me a lot more interested in mordor and a lot less interested in AC Unity

The RPG elements in Unity look to me like they have been focus-tested & downgraded to appeal to a more mainstream audience. There are so few abilities AND they are story progress-locked, so its kinda meaningless since they can just up the difficulty in turn and end up that you feel the exact same power every mission in the game.

Its pretty sad when Disney Infinity 2 has better skill trees. (its a garbage game but I think thats a true statement)

woen

No doubt the game will look great visually.

Skills aren't a huge feature but I'm a huge fan of the customization and how they managed to create great outfits. It'll change from the same outfits on which they just changed the colors.

BouncyFrag

I've been playing Freedom Cry on PS4 and it's solid, but clearly needs the upgrade we're getting with Unity. Too many great games coming out soon. It's only bad as I only have so much time and money for gaming.

DOWN

Banned
Ubisoft and dat strategic button prompt hiding to conceal platform

they did this to the PS4 version of Watch Dogs and missed a pop-up that had a PS4 button, but I'll assume this trailer was PC

ironcreed

Banned
This is the first time I have been impressed with this game. I love some of the customization options. I'll end up checking it out at some point.

DOWN

Banned
People, cloth, and lighting look like they got the biggest boost over Black Flag cross gen. Overall, it isn't a massive change graphically, but it's definitely the finest yet for the generally great looking series.

Muffdraul

Brotherhood and Revelations were filler, AC3 was a major disappointment, and AC4 was a marginal improvement. I'll get this on day 1 and hope for the best, but my ability to get hyped and excited about new AC has been eroded away. I've stopped hoping that they'll ever meet AC2's standards again.

I'm pretty sure this game has already been downgraded. So I was looking over the customization trailer and I noticed tons of jaggies, it looks really bad compared to the first gameplay reveal.

So the first gameplay trailer was revealed at the Xbox E3 conference and was running on the Xbox One right?

Since I don't know how to get rid of the Youtube bar from fullscreen this is just in the normal view but you can absolutely see the difference.

Reveal: What I got from Digital Foundry is that it was actually running on PC with similar performance to the Xbox One.
Xbox_E3_reveal_E3.png

This trailer:
New_trailer.png

To get a better look, right click on the images and open them in new tabs and switch back and forth.

A whole tree is missing and jaggies....jaggies everywhere.

DOWN

Banned
I'm pretty sure this game has already been downgraded. So I was looking over the customization trailer and I noticed tons of jaggies, it looks really bad compared to the first gameplay reveal.

So the first gameplay trailer was revealed at the Xbox E3 conference and was running on the Xbox One right?

Since I don't know how to get rid of the Youtube bar from fullscreen this is just in the normal view but you can absolutely see the difference.

Reveal: What I got from Digital Foundry is that it was actually running on PC with similar performance to the Xbox One.
Xbox_E3_reveal_E3.png

This trailer:
New_trailer.png

To get a better look, right click on the images and open them in new tabs and switch back and forth.

Thought we knew first reveals were PC with a controller and then at *insert some post-E3 show or dev or microsoft conference name here or something* they specifically made sure to say it was the demo running on Xbox One that time.

It's not a crazy drop, but the fog and jaggies will take away from the next gen look a bit.

Still looks gorgeous. The coloring and saturation, especially the cool tone in the shadows vs. the creamy buildings looks so nice like HDR photography that is inspired by French paintings.

Xbox_E3_reveal_E3.png

This trailer:
New_trailer.png

An entire tree is missing!? Will the game recover from that downgrade? I fear for the future of the series, etc.

http://s28.postimg.org/4pfw5v0r1/Xbox_E3_reveal_E3.png[/IMG

This trailer:
[IMG]http://s27.postimg.org/b60xu68ub/New_trailer.png[/IMG

A whole tree is missing and jaggies....jaggies everywhere.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the first thing i noticed was that it looked better before.
I kinda hope it was The XboxOne version.

dreamfall

Holy goodness, that customization looks so utterly boss.

I can't wait to deck my Arno in a bulky armor, run around with health/melee classes in an all purple get up. Or maybe I'll go light, and keep it stealth, if they've re-worked the mechanics properly.

So hyped! I'm ready for Unity, and for some interesting co-op missions. Truthfully, I'm looking forward to spend hours exploring Paris!

Xbox_E3_reveal_E3.png

This trailer:
New_trailer.png

The tree was probably axed for gameplay purposes (you get a better view of the plaza now), but yep, lighting and atmospheric effects have definitely been downgraded. Here's hoping they keep these features in the PC version, and don't try to hide them like they did with Watch Dogs.

woen

Xbox_E3_reveal_E3.png

This trailer:
New_trailer.png

From what we know (almost nothing), I guess you're wrong.

1) The "E3" image is from the Gamescom gameplay. 2 months after E3.

2) Look at Arno's cloak. It has been shortened after E3 when we saw the Gamescom gameplay in Notre-Dame. So I guess the "New trailer" build is older than the E3 build. It's actually an upgrade.

Eggbok

From what we know (almost nothing), I guess you're wrong.

1) The "E3" image is from the Gamescom gameplay. 2 months after E3.

2) Look at Arno's cloak. It has been shortened after E3 when we saw the Gamescom gameplay in Notre-Dame. So I guess the "New trailer" build is older than the E3 build. It's actually an upgrade.

The cloak is a customization thing I do believe.

Top Bottom